ADVERTISEMENT

HC Mickey Joseph

I don’t think you can bring in an outsider to finish the year as DC. I think you would have to promote someone
Unsure we have anyone who had an understanding of coordinating and calling defenses. I’m not a coach so I don’t know what a coach can do without formal experience.

Reactions: dinglefritz
First Black head coach in history of the school and we already got people counting him out. Saying he shouldn’t be considered for the full time job. 🤔

I’m pulling for you Mickey. IMO is there’s no coaching search if you do well this season and show some saving this team.

and good for the program to finally hire a black HC… I don’t believe anyone should ever be hired or fired for their color of their skin but it’s nice to break barriers When we do have someone well qualified

Reactions: BleedRed78
First Black head coach in history of the school and we already got people counting him out. Saying he shouldn’t be considered for the full time job. 🤔

I’m pulling for you Mickey. IMO is there’s no coaching search if you do well this season and show some saving this team.

and good for the program to finally hire a black HC… I don’t believe anyone should ever be hired for their color of their skin but it’s nice to break barriers When we do have someone well qualified
Nobody cares what color he is. If he wins 8 gamed people will love him. People want a proven winner. Joseph hasn't done that. Hopefully he wins.

Honestly I'm disappointed to hear intelligent fans stumping for another guy with zero record of P5 success. It's time to hire someone that knows WTF they're doing. Do I hope Mickey is part of the future? Sure, he's a great recruiter and I hope he is retained.
I'm with you mg. NU needs someone who has shown they can handle the HC duties, but keeping Mickey onboard is pretty important to getting talented kids up to Nebraska.

Without "knowing" anything about what I'm gonna say.... I don't think Mickey liked Frost at all. I will be interested in seeing some of the changes Mickey might incorporate that he thought Frost was shit about. I.E. Personnel, the DC, etc.

For sure, the DC needs some kind of overhaul, and as ugly as it already is, it might get even uglier?

MJ might be the kinda dude that will take Palmer, Washington, Isiah, Omar aside and say, "who are the toughest DB's to shake when you run routes?"

Mickey just got handed the keys to the car for the next 2 months and I think he likes to drive pedal to the medal.

I'm with you mg. NU needs someone who has shown they can handle the HC duties, but keeping Mickey onboard is pretty important to getting talented kids up to Nebraska.

Without "knowing" anything about what I'm gonna say.... I don't think Mickey liked Frost at all. I will be interested in seeing some of the changes Mickey might incorporate that he thought Frost was shit about. I.E. Personnel, the DC, etc.

For sure, the DC needs some kind of overhaul, and as ugly as it already is, it might get even uglier?

MJ might be the kinda dude that will take Palmer, Washington, Isiah, Omar aside and say, "who are the toughest DB's to shake when you run routes?"

Mickey just got handed the keys to the car for the next 2 months and I think he likes to drive pedal to the medal.
Mickey is a lot more humble then Scott. He’s also more of a leader. Don’t be surprised if we start feeling like the refs are giving us more of a fair shake

plus he will be on Chins ass when the D isn’t holding its end

Dingle, I don't mean yuck as in I don't like your comment, moreso I don't think Ruud, even with his experience is cut out to coordinate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mickey take Chin aside and told him to make some changes on D and coach some of the more athletic, faster ones up real quick.

I can't see Mickey just standing pat. A big problem this week is Gabriel and he really has a hose and really good wheels. He'll run away from most of our LB's.

Reactions: dinglefritz
A porpoise could call a better D than Chin so there is that
I think Mickey will just tell Chin that changes have be made before Sat. I think Mickey will call his buddy Chavis.

I can't see anyone defending Chins after getting carved up for 650 yds last night. Myself included.

NU defense has a situation of lack of speed and tackling ability AND Chin is being read like an open book from the Offensive Coordinators.

Dingle, I don't mean yuck as in I don't like your comment, moreso I don't think Ruud, even with his experience is cut out to coordinate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mickey take Chin aside and told him to make some changes on D and coach some of the more athletic, faster ones up real quick.

I can't see Mickey just standing pat. A big problem this week is Gabriel and he really has a hose and really good wheels. He'll run away from most of our LB's.
I think we’re probably screwed no matter who calls defenses this week. I think it is fairly clear that Frost and Chin mailed it in this week

I think Mickey will just tell Chin that changes have be made before Sat. I think Mickey will call his buddy Chavis.

I can't see anyone defending Chins after getting carved up for 650 yds last night. Myself included.

NU defense has a situation of lack of speed and tackling ability AND Chin is being read like an open book from the Offensive Coordinators.
did chins just make cosgrove look like a defensive guru?
second thoughts, maybe not

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
I think we’re probably screwed no matter who calls defenses this week. I think it is fairly clear that Frost and Chin mailed it in this week
The only chance NU has this weekend is if the offense is able to move the ball consistently and score when in scoring range.

I imagine with the NU OL, Venables will expose the hell out of them with blitzes and rattle CT. It's what we'd all do, right?

First order of business for Mickey is firing Chinander and bringing in a sound defensive mind.

First thing I thought of. I’d like to give Mickey this year and see how he does but with chins we are not going to stop anybody. First action as interim coach should be to fire chins.

I don’t think you can bring in an outside DC mid season and it be effective can you? You’d have to promote Fisch or Ruud wouldn’t you?

Reactions: Bold Words
First thing I thought of. I’d like to give Mickey this year and see how he does but with chins we are not going to stop anybody. First action as interim coach should be to fire chins.
All those guys on defense committed to Chinander as much as they did Nebraska. There is some level of personal bond for most of those players. Not saying they couldn't handle it but it has potential to be disruptive, at least in the short term. It may look like a good move from the outside but a differernt dynamic could play out inside the complex. Nevertheless, it might be the right move.

All those guys on defense committed to Chinander as much as they did Nebraska. There is some level of personal bond for most of those players. Not saying they couldn't handle it but it has potential to be disruptive, at least in the short term. It may look like a good move from the outside but a differernt dynamic could play out inside the complex. Nevertheless, it might be the right move.
FWIW, and admittedly its not worth much, my son says Erik is just a legitimately "nice guy". It's not his style to get in their face and be a real fire breather like most DC's.

I could see where some of those defenders actually like Chin as a person. Erik's personality mixed with Mickey's aggressiveness should be interesting.

Reactions: headcard and nu2u

and good for the program to finally hire a black HC… I don’t believe anyone should ever be hired or fired for their color of their skin but it’s nice to break barriers When we do have someone well qualified
I think you're four dice short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT