ADVERTISEMENT

Harper Murray Statement Released

Again you miss the point, which is the posters here acting as if she's so courageous and contrite.
The point is that the player made some very poor decisions. She apologized and is in the process of moving on. Just like everyone was on this board, with the exception of you.

You have some sort of bone to pick with her because she has NIL and is getting a free education as if that factors in to people making bone-headed decisions.

She sounded contrite in her written statement, that again was more than likely written by someone else. This particular message board had gone 9 days without discussing this subject. Then you, clearly bored at home, decided to revive it so you can post why people are wrong to just go on with life. Then in defending your opinion stated that this would have gone away if she didn't post the apology. Again, it was dead, you brought it back up.

You are the one that is missing many points. But in your need to prove your opinion as worthy, continue to dig yourself deeper.

Last edited:
I literally did everything in that one instance that she did in her two separate ones. I just wasn’t caught. So I’m a douche and not horrible but Harper is?
You aren't on full volleyball scholarship and aren't getting NIL money. I am convinced that is the crux of the whole thing. She didn't need to steal or drive drunk.

I literally did everything in that one instance that she did in her two separate ones. I just wasn’t caught. So I’m a douche and not horrible but Harper is?
I DON'T THINK SHE'S HORRIBLE, just a thief.

What you did at McDonald's was kind of douche like by any measure.

The point is that the player made some very poor decisions. She apologized and is in the process of moving on. Just like everyone was on this board, with the exception of you.

You have some sort of bone to pick with her because she has NIL and is getting a free education as if that factors in to people making bone-headed decisions.

She sounded contrite in her written statement, that again was more than likely written by someone else. This particular message board had gone 9 days without discussing this subject. Then you, clearly bored at home, decided to revive it so you can post why people are wrong to just go on with life. Then in defending your opinion stated that this would have gone away if she didn't post the apology. Again, it was dead, you brought it back up.

You are the one that is missing many points. But in your need to prove your opinion as worthy, continue to dig yourself deeper.
So let me get this straight, she apologized and is moving on? Is that it?

Am I missing points, or am I just not agreeing with your points?

Lastly, 95% of what is posted here is because we have nothing better to do at the moment.

It doesn't seem like I'm the one getting pissy.
I certainly am not… maybe reread your first post in this thread. The amount of indignation was the highest I’ve seen here in a little bit. Maybe you didn’t intend it that way, but if you’re gonna post on a message board, it can often be hard to convey what you intended.

Were it not for the fact we got lucky with the location of the airbnb we just got in desmoines, i'd probably have driven home a lil drunk later tonite...but we're right next to the angry goldfish so we can walk!! Yay!!

Were it not for the fact we got lucky with the location of the airbnb we just got in desmoines, i'd probably have driven home a lil drunk later tonite...but we're right next to the angry goldfish so we can walk!! Yay!!
Thank God I never got caught driving home from the Waterhole back in the late 70s. Yikes. Most of us did stupid sh##. The shoplifting thing sadly probably says more about her upbringing than anything. Anybody that thinks the current acceptance of smash and grabs in the guise of social justice isn’t affecting our the miral compass of our kids is in denial.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and Dude122
DUIs and shoplifting are mistakes that many young people make. They're high risk activities and you hope that they grow past that phase before they ruin their lives (or others). 19-year old brains operate differently than adult brains. Some people have less impulse control than others, especially at that age. No, it's not something you should just brush aside. But you don't need to ruin someone's life over something so petty.
Just a DUI and shoplifting.. at least she’s not on campus punching Jews like some college kids

"mistake" is literally deconstructed as a "missed take", which is not what Harper did. She made a conscious decision to try theft.
I don’t think too many would argue against your take. The question is, what should be done about it?

I got hammered and drove and told McDonalds they shorted us 5 Big Macs after cutting the entire drive through line (didn’t order to begin with). They gave us 5 Big Macs to get us out of there. All sorts of horrible things happening in that moment for me when I was in college.

Would I ever do anything like that today … absolutely not. Did 21 year old me and my buddies get a kick out of it … yes we did. Were we bad people - no, but we did stupid stuff and this fell in that category at the time.

I did get mental and spiritual help … by growing up. 20 year olds are idiots and don’t think like 50 year old people who already did stupid crap in their teens/ 20’s.
I know a fair number of people in their 50s who are idiots and do stupid stuff. Getting older helps, but it isn't a cure-all.

officially charged with stealing $12.99 worth of rings. There were 5 total. (I'm reading this as it is a new development, I apologize if this is old newz)

...so my question is, did he get them from the gumball machine?

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
officially charged with stealing $12.99 worth of rings. There were 5 total. (I'm reading this as it is a new development, I apologize if this is old newz)

...so my question is, did he get them from the gumball machine?
You misread it .the 5 rings each were worth 12. 95 . Just under 65 dollars total.

Burn Him Stephen King GIF by Arrow Video

I'm guessing Murray doesn't play to begin the season as part of a team disciplinary move?

I hope she's righting her ship and will continue to play for the Huskers. I'm still hopeful for a happy ending to all of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT