ADVERTISEMENT

Hardest Football Schedule for 2018 ...

In other news chip kelly is looking more and more like an older chris farley with that chin
776bd12ee23e34855350dba34027af20_crop_exact.jpg

chris-farley-tommy-boy.jpg

Bleacherreport must of forgot to check LSU schedule for 18'
Miami, Georgia, bama, auburn, Florida
Good luck with that tigers.

The top 3 in SOS are all from the Big Ten. The Big Ten doesn’t schedule The Citadel or William & Mary in November. Unfortunately, this is probably why the SEC received 2 playoff bids in 2017-18, and the Big Ten was left out.
Big 10 scheduling has everything to do with BTN revenue and nothing to do with preparing teams for a chance at a playoff spot

Reactions: HuskAir
It was sarcasm

The Riley apologists are out in full force on the schedule thing
They are in essence laying the narrative that if Frost doesnt win 9-10 games in year 1- that he has somehow:
Missed the unrealistic high expectations the mean and unrealistic NU fans have for all coaches- especially their beloved smilin mike
No one can really win at NU- the equation is just too tough- even for someone as great as smilin mike
So if somehow Frost doesnt win 9/10 games in year one- it somehow proves their guy wasnt so awful- see other guys cant win 9/10 games either

Really sad deal- riley should just be flushed and forgot about instead of defended past the dead date.- Better yet like back in the first or early second century- when an empire got rid of a really bad leader they struck that persons name from all history- it was like that person never even existed, people werent allowed to even mention his name= that would be so much better than revering him ;)

The only reason to bring his name up= as a reminder to us what NOT to do- do the opposite. Please dont repeat a dumb mistake like this one.

Last edited:
imagine riley vs this schedule. i think I'd go into hibernation for the fall.

One of two reasons why he was fired along with SE.

I knew three years ago 2018 was going to be BRUTAL schedule regardless who was coaching Nebraska.

my stance was the same with Riley

for me personally I don't start keeping score until year 2 - I know many disagree and that is fine

I hope we get to at least 6-7 wins for the bowl game practices next year but I'm not going to freak out if we struggle next year

Reactions: davecisar
my stance was the same with Riley

for me personally I don't start keeping score until year 2 - I know many disagree and that is fine

I hope we get to at least 6-7 wins for the bowl game practices next year but I'm not going to freak out if we struggle next year

I didn’t expect Riley to win 9 games the first year but I didn’t think we would end up with a losing season like he did last year as well but didn’t surprise me that he wouldn’t be successful in Lincoln.

Arguably this season is the toughest B1G schedule since Bo Pelini first season.

Reactions: davecisar
I didn't expect Mike Riley to win more than .500 here because that's what he was. However......I think the expectations should have been to win at a similar rate as the guy you replaced. MR took a pretty significant drop his first year after following what many were saying was a terrible coaching staff.

I agree that there are still some vocal Riley apologists (although very few) that are setting unreal expectations on SF of 9 and 10 wins because (in their words) its the same expectations we put on MR. That is untrue. We asked him to follow a 9 win season with something similar. Anything over 4 wins this year......especially considering the schedule.......would be an improvement. For the record I think SF will win 7-9 games this year and I believe Riley would have struggled to win 4 again.

Wait, but all the Riley lovers are saying schedule and circumstance doesn't matter. That there is no excuse for Frost not to win 8-10 games next year.

I ignored a lot of this Riley crap but my God. This bull crap is getting old. Can you Riley haters let the man go already. I’m not seeing the “Riley lovers” going around pounding there chests. I’m only seeing “Riley haters” constantly talking about the “Riley lovers” and what they claim and/or say.

I have always backed my Huskers and coaching staff. Did with Frank, did with callahan, did with Bo, I did with Riley and I’ll definitely do it with Frost. Enough is enough, Riley’s gone. He was embarrassed badly, lost big time and failed horribly. Why do some of you guys keep kicking the man. He’s been gone for awhile now and we have big things coming under Frost. I just don’t get the constant “Riley lover” crap.

Everything I seen shows fans and players are fired up and ready to see big time Husker football again and a huge turn around. Not Riley fans whining and making excuses for him. Sorry but my God, can we just 100% move on already?? Or will we keep here about how the “Riley lovers” do this and that, when it’s actually the “Riley haters” that are doing the ranting.

I didn't expect Mike Riley to win more than .500 here because that's what he was. However......I think the expectations should have been to win at a similar rate as the guy you replaced. MR took a pretty significant drop his first year after following what many were saying was a terrible coaching staff.

I agree that there are still some vocal Riley apologists (although very few) that are setting unreal expectations on SF of 9 and 10 wins because (in their words) its the same expectations we put on MR. That is untrue. We asked him to follow a 9 win season with something similar. Anything over 4 wins this year......especially considering the schedule.......would be an improvement. For the record I think SF will win 7-9 games this year and I believe Riley would have struggled to win 4 again.

MR would need a miracle from God to win four games with that schedule. With about five or six massive blow-out losses to boot. The MR apologists, of course, ignore the schedule.

Reactions: RiLLLLLLLLey
I ignored a lot of this Riley crap but my God. This bull crap is getting old. Can you Riley haters let the man go already. I’m not seeing the “Riley lovers” going around pounding there chests. I’m only seeing “Riley haters” constantly talking about the “Riley lovers” and what they claim and/or say.

I have always backed my Huskers and coaching staff. Did with Frank, did with callahan, did with Bo, I did with Riley and I’ll definitely do it with Frost. Enough is enough, Riley’s gone. He was embarrassed badly, lost big time and failed horribly. Why do some of you guys keep kicking the man. He’s been gone for awhile now and we have big things coming under Frost. I just don’t get the constant “Riley lover” crap.

Everything I seen shows fans and players are fired up and ready to see big time Husker football again and a huge turn around. Not Riley fans whining and making excuses for him. Sorry but my God, can we just 100% move on already?? Or will we keep here about how the “Riley lovers” do this and that, when it’s actually the “Riley haters” that are doing the ranting.

Then you're blind as a bat.

MR would need a miracle from God to win four games with that schedule. With about five or six massive blow-out losses to boot. The MR apologists, of course, ignore the schedule.
I feel like MR would somehow manage to lose more games than were played.

I'm curious why you would say that you don't see Riley lovers going around pounding their chests? Do you really expect them too? They did it for 3 years and now for some reason a couple of them are still defending it. Why are you so opposed to the Riley haters pointing it out? Does it get old? Of course. Maybe if they would stop defending the guy and telling us how much better SF has it than MR had it when he took over some of this non-sense would stop.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I'm curious why you would say that you don't see Riley lovers going around pounding their chests? Do you really expect them too? They did it for 3 years and now for some reason a couple of them are still defending it. Why are you so opposed to the Riley haters pointing it out? Does it get old? Of course. Maybe if they would stop defending the guy and telling us how much better SF has it than MR had it when he took over some of this non-sense would stop.
Yep.
Theres a lot of butthurt still about riley, and its spilling over into douchey passive agressiveness toward frost and outright hate for the fanbase. Youd think their tears would run out eventually but nope, kinda funny and sad really they choose to be so miserable.

Reactions: Huskercigar

What exactly would the Riley lovers have to pound their chests about?
If the Riley talk bothers you so bad you may want to leave the board. People are still talking about Bo, and Cally too. It is never going to stop. I get it, some things on this board are discussed over and over and over. It is what it is. All one can do is ignore the posts that annoy them and comment on the ones that interest them. Simply as that

Yep.
Theres a lot of butthurt still about riley, and its spilling over into douchey passive agressiveness toward frost and outright hate for the fanbase. Youd think their tears would run out eventually but nope, kinda funny and sad really they choose to be so miserable.
Unfortunately many of them are going to miss out on a great ride. The passive aggressiveness toward Frost was an excellent description. They don't actually come out and say they want Frost to struggle so they can say see......it wasn't Riley's fault........but they do appear to make the snarly references that appear that way.

If it bothers you so bad you may want to leave the board. People are still talking about Bo, and Cally too. It is never going to stop.

Alternatively, you can put the enlightened posters who can turn any thread into a Riley bash-fest on ignore.

I dislike Riley as much as the next guy, and the shit was cute for a couple months, but it's old and stale.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Maybe I'm not reading the right posts? I can't remember the last time I saw someone pump up Riley or not be excited about Frost on here. It seems like right after Frost was hired everyone was talking about how refreshing it was to be unified and excited again and now people are just trying to find an adversary because agreement is boring.

Alternatively, you can put the enlightened posters who can turn any thread into a Riley bash-fest on ignore.

I dislike Riley as much as the next guy, and the shit was cute for a couple months, but it's old and stale.
Yes ignore is a key tool. I am sure I have made a few lists as well. :)

Having a tough schedule will just make our players and coaches work that much harder. There will be no day off. We will go to work and work real hard. Its the Nebraska way!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT