ADVERTISEMENT

7 Straight

TripleOption67

Walk On
Dec 5, 2017
"Nebraska fails to become bowl eligible for the seventh straight season. Longest active streak for a power five team". ESPN

Unfknbeleivable! And especially with this year's schedule.

Honestly I think it'll become 8 seasons with next year's schedule. Definitely if Shatterfield is back.

Amazing from a program I believe once held a record for consecutive bowl appearances. Ugh
Yale and Minn were once good. We are now then. And of any blue blood program, which I say we are even tho others disagree - we have the longest time between a basic conf championship.

Yale and Minn were once good. We are now then. And of any blue blood program, which I say we are even tho others disagree - we have the longest time between a basic conf championship.
For that matter you could lump Michigan in that category. No OUTRIGHT national championship since 1948.

Look, there’s a LOT to be desired by the coaches, and by no means will I make excuses for them…

With that said at some point we need to hold the Jimmies and Joes responsible as well. Rhule was felt the hand he plaid with and really didn’t hear any complaining about that by him… this is equal parts coaching, and players… the game was on the line, the joes needed to make the plays, we called what we should have to get into FG range, and we literally tossed the ball right to them. You can’t coach out stupid…

We need turnover, the players need to dig deep, learn to win, hold onto the friggin ball, make a play, get open, make a block… some of that is basic stuff, some of that is coaching… but the players still have to play. Stop accepting being a loser. Figure it out pull those skirts up and ball out

Reactions: moralvictories
Suprised? I remember when Matt was the man. You know- turn around programs and what not. What a shitty hire by an incompetent AD who lucked into the job because he was a NEB alum. This program will never be shit until they forget the past. His first year? How dare you? Let's talk about it in 3 years. and I am going to be laughing my ass off. Clown show from top to bottom. At least we have a four-game losing streak heading into next year. Momentum is on our side.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
"Nebraska fails to become bowl eligible for the seventh straight season. Longest active streak for a power five team". ESPN

Unfknbeleivable! And especially with this year's schedule.

Honestly I think it'll become 8 seasons with next year's schedule. Definitely if Shatterfield is back.
Frank Solich: 58-19
Bo Pelini: 67-27
125-46.
Get'em outta here. They suck
Solich and Pelini have to be laughing their asses off.

Bill Callahan: 27-22
Mike Riley: 19-19
Scott Frost: 16-31. (rest of the league was going to have to adapt to his style)
Matt Rhule: 5-7.
57-79.
I imagine the next buyout will be mid- season, next year?

Jeff sims should never be allowed anywhere near a football field again. I thought it was a dumb idea to bring him in to begin with.
Well, if we're so much more talented than everyone else (except Michigan) that bad coaching is to blame, then you have to think that our QBs were better than everyone else's including CU and Maryland. The starting QBs on the field matter the most. The number of SEC transfers riding the bench matters the least.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Well, if we're so much more talented than everyone else (except Michigan) that bad coaching is to blame, then you have to think that our QBs were better than everyone else's including CU and Maryland. The starting QBs on the field matter the most. The number of SEC transfers riding the bench matters the least.
Who the hell mentioned SEC transfers on the bench? I'd encourage you to actually watch the teams we play they are terrible. Your point about the 2 decent and one good qb we have played could be a good one, but that's only 3 games and we lost 7, so pretty irrelevant. Loser mentality and multiple poor coach staffs have set this program back

We are more talented than every team we played except Michigan. Bad coaching continues to cost this program games and it needs to stop.
How can you honestly say that? More talented how? Want to compare NFL draft picks (top 3) rounds and see who has more? Iowa or Neb? You won’t like your answer. Look at the NFL rosters. Neb used to be known as kicker U. Heck, we aren’t even that. Now do TE and OL for Iowa. I’ll wait.

I'd pay good money to watch half you clowns coach one game. Like a reality show. Every week they pick some idiot from the message board and give him his shot at fame.

How can you honestly say that? More talented how? Want to compare NFL draft picks (top 3) rounds and see who has more? Iowa or Neb? You won’t like your answer. Look at the NFL rosters. Neb used to be known as kicker U. Heck, we aren’t even that. Now do TE and OL for Iowa. I’ll wait.
I'm talking about this season and the teams we've played, not past seasons. Try to keep up.

I'd pay good money to watch half you clowns coach one game. Like a reality show. Every week they pick some idiot from the message board and give him his shot at fame.
Well, we all do different things in life for sure. But most of us are decent or good at our job. We don’t dramatically screw up week after week and set our work place on fire.

But I get your point, experience people will see things differently and have a better understanding of all that goes in to something and how difficult it is. Case in point, our passing game was shitty all year long and we have a WR with zero coaching experience (outside of sitting on his dad’s lap). You can’t just plug anyone in a spot and expect them to shine. McGuire is a prime example of that and what his unit produced this season.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Who the hell mentioned SEC transfers on the bench? I'd encourage you to actually watch the teams we play they are terrible. Your point about the 2 decent and one good qb we have played could be a good one, but that's only 3 games and we lost 7, so pretty irrelevant. Loser mentality and multiple poor coach staffs have set this program back
I agree with that last sentence. I mentioned SEC transfers as an example of the mantra that Husker fanatics usually recite when asserting that we have so much “talent”. For years they’ve mentioned all of these four star guys and hyped transfers that look good on paper. But I look at what I see on the field. We’re not visibly bigger, faster or more athletic than pretty much anyone. What I did see this year is we are playing much harder than years past.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Well, we all do different things in life for sure. But most of us are decent or good at our job. We don’t dramatically screw up week after week and set our work place on fire.

But I get your point, experience people will see things differently and have a better understanding of all that goes in to something and how difficult it is. Case in point, our passing game was shitty all year long and we have a WR with zero coaching experience (outside of sitting on his dad’s lap). You can’t just plug anyone in a spot and expect them to shine. McGuire is a prime example of that and what his unit produced this season.
Add the running backs coach to some extent even Donnie on the oline

We only had 2 WR with more than 12 catches for the entire season, and 6 TDs for the entire WR room on the season. Luke McCaffrey had 12 catches yesterday and 12 TD receptions for year. Ugh!

Watch the tape. Guys were uncovered frequently, but QBs too slow and dumb to find them, locking in on one guy, etc.

The biggest mistake Rhule made was done a year ago when he brought in Sims. I'm sure he and Satterfield felt they could mitigate his turnover issues. Instead, that was the one mistake that turned into a drag on the entire season.

Some of Rhule's in game decisions warrant criticism, for sure; but I also can't forget Purdy throwing interceptions RIGHT TO Maryland and Iowa defenders to cost us games. I can't forget Sims INT at the end of the 1st half at Minnesota. I can't forget HH not seeing WRs running wide open for likely TDs and instead throwing INTs. Somehow we got into a position to win those games, only to see catastrophic and totally unnecessary mistakes happen.

The season was a failure because of turnovers; and more specifically, turnovers by the quarterbacks. Grant's fumble against MN was a game-changer; but aside from that, how many losses can we attribute to turnovers by running backs or receivers?

Reactions: kevingne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT