ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh.. " It's hard to beat the cheaters"..

If you dont think NU was cheating durring the TO switzer days and after.... i dont know what to tell you.. news flash they were... they were paying players and they were doing steroids... not my opinion either believe what you want
They went on probation, they had alot of great players that went on to the nfl as great athletes.
I didnt say we didnt cheat, or help create the ncaa as we see it today.
But we avoided probation, and we changed what we were, they attempted satisfaction now, they fell fast and hard, it took us a messed up admin,ADs and several bad coaches, because ours was built, not bought.

And what’s your point? It wasn’t Tom Osborne’s fault OU felt apart during the 1981-1997 years. Believe me, had OU been stronger then...Our Husker would have beat them as well. Osborne has beaten plenty of top 10 teams throughout his career. And Again, it’s not our fault OU fell apart those years and forgive me if I don’t take anything away from Tom Osborne...he was 18-34 overall against top 10 teams in his coaching career and that’s top 10 teams in the final polls. He was 28-31 against top 10 teams at the time of the game (have to remember....when you lose you drop, so that doesn’t take away from a team if they just fall out of the top 10) And he was 57-41 against ranked teams in the final polls.

https://sites.google.com/site/nebra...record-vs-top-ten-teams-ranked-in-final-polls

I apologize that the statistics i posted made you feel uncomfortable. I truly feel remorse

In the future I will do my best to post a content or trigger warning so you know it isn’t safe for you to consume the content.

Hugs....

Reactions: FreddyUI
I apologize that the statistics i posted made you feel uncomfortable. I truly feel remorse

In the future I will do my best to post a content or trigger warning so you know it isn’t safe for you to consume the content.

Hugs....

It’s cool, it didn’t bother me directly or as a person. It just wasn’t a fair point in my mind. OU didn’t hold up to it’s normal standards and they fell apart in the early 1980-1997 years and it should not take away from Tom Osborne’s success. That’s all.

Hugs....

Here’s a better comparison in my opinion. Devaney vs OU Sooners. Both teams where (for the most part) both solid teams in those years. Devaney and OU had some serious battles back then (before my time).

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/coaches/opp/details.cfm?oppcoachid=143#.XWBLCCROmEc

Hugs....

I don’t believe @huskerssalts understands the point you are making. He doesn’t realize that the conversation is about Harbaugh and that you were using the early Osborne years as a way to show that, playing and losing to a perennial top 10 opponent from within your conference doesn’t make you a shitty coach, rather a coach that struggles with a particular top 10 program.

Reactions: FreddyUI and jlb321
Mack Brown struggled with Florida State while at UNC and OU while at Texas. Bear Bryant struggled with Notre Dame, as did Bud Wilkinson. It happens.

I don’t believe @huskerssalts understands the point you are making. He doesn’t realize that the conversation is about Harbaugh and that you were using the early Osborne years as a way to show that, playing and losing to a perennial top 10 opponent from within your conference doesn’t make you a shitty coach, rather a coach that struggles with a particular top 10 program.
Is he really that TrueHuskerFan poster? That dude always flips out too.

Yea, the sec car dealerships,power companies,rentals etc, plus odd jobs for various older family members are doing well in sec territory.

They went on probation, they had alot of great players that went on to the nfl as great athletes.
I didnt say we didnt cheat, or help create the ncaa as we see it today.
But we avoided probation, and we changed what we were, they attempted satisfaction now, they fell fast and hard, it took us a messed up admin,ADs and several bad coaches, because ours was built, not bought.
Not knocking players or teams or coaches, but
When you trot out a billy sims, and your opponent trots out jarvis redwine
Or
When you have speed to burn and your opponent still uses slow lbs that are big, and very skilled but slower dbs.
Flip just the talent, ou burns and crashes and we win nattys.
We didnt cheat, ou did, we learned and worked out a solution, they went on probation.

Yes you did you said it in your very last line i quoted here..thats why i chose your post to respond to because YOU said we didnt cheat!

Yes you did you said it in your very last line i quoted here..thats why i chose your post to respond to because YOU said we didnt cheat!
Ok, gee, got me.
The exact words, yes, context no.
At some point, we quit, they didnt, they got nailed, we didnt.
It's not as if coaches dont know, and not as if those coaches dont know the ncaa limits as to what can be gotten away with, and whats the fine line, and whats win at all costs today, pay tomorrow, but yes, I guess I misspoke if everything else is ignored.

201501_0956_afidi_sm.jpg

Ok, gee, got me.
The exact words, yes, context no.
At some point, we quit, they didnt, they got nailed, we didnt.
It's not as if coaches dont know, and not as if those coaches dont know the ncaa limits as to what can be gotten away with, and whats the fine line, and whats win at all costs today, pay tomorrow, but yes, I guess I misspoke if everything else is ignored.
LOL apology accepted i guess if thats what you call that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT