ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh doing exactly ...

burkek

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2005
Los Gatos, Ca
... what he did at Stanford.

Build a successful foundation around big, strong and athletic defensive and offensive linemen.

Because of this, he will dominate the Big 10 for years to come

Reactions: Catch50
I don’t remember him dominating the Pac though..
He won the orange bowl with Stanford. Who's players do you think David Shaw used to win Rose Bowls. I said this years ago Shaw rode Harbaughs coat tails. Will he dominate the BIG who knows but they will be very good for years to come.

Hope Frost is the same and the Comference title is on the line with those two for years to come. Yesterday's game proves that we are trending up in a big way!

He won the orange bowl with Stanford. Who's players do you think David Shaw used to win Rose Bowls. I said this years ago Shaw rode Harbaughs coat tails. Will he dominate the BIG who knows but they will be very good for years to come.

Hope Frost is the same and the Comference title is on the line with those two for years to come. Yesterday's game proves that we are trending up in a big way!

That isn’t dominating the Pac, he got a vey good program up and running. Ohio State isn’t going to just roll over and hand everything to Harbaugh. I do agree that he’ll run a top program in the B1G but I don’t think they’ll be running the show.

Build a successful foundation around big, strong and athletic defensive and offensive linemen.

Here in the next few years, we are gonna have something to say about that, and don't doubt that one bit!. Martinez senior year, we win it all and blow out Shit Chicken in the process that year on our way to the NC

Reactions: burkek
Harbaugh is an underachiever. I'll see it when I believe it. He already crapped the bed vs ND earlier this year. What was the secret to his success at Stanford? Andrew Luck. He's got behavioral issues and was burning bridges all over the place in Palo Alto when he left to take the 49er job. He goes where there's already personnel in place. Will he stick around long enough to finally beat Urban? I say he bolts when adversity shows itself, again.

That isn’t dominating the Pac, he got a vey good program up and running. Ohio State isn’t going to just roll over and hand everything to Harbaugh. I do agree that he’ll run a top program in the B1G but I don’t think they’ll be running the show.
So winning the conference 3 out 4 years isn't dominating it? Hell last year Alabama couldn't even get in the game.
I'm not saying he will run it. I am saying he is a really damn good coach and has been everywhere he has been.
My hope is that we have one and he will be here to stay the next 20 years and lead us back to playing for championships

Michigan is strong but the Penn state game got out of control because of 2 pick 6s...Michigan still nearly lost the NW this year so they aren't dominant yet. And they haven't beaten OSU, so until they do, it is not a given. The issue with Harbaugh is he will be fired if he can't beat Urban within 2 years...and the more he wins other games, and can't win that one the more likely he will be fired. That is the sickness of the rivalry. Fans will fire a great coach who is loyal to the program just because he can't beat one team.

Yes, he is a very good coach. Michigan will probably win the Big Ten and be one of the top 4 playoff teams.

He know the Big 10 and how to win it. Run ball and have a stout Defense. It's always been that way and always will.

Reactions: Shermski77

I give a lot of credit to Don Brown and his defenses.

Reactions: dinglefritz
While I'm pumped up about this year's UM team, I'm not going to get carried away and talk about dominating the BIG in future years. MSU and PSU will still have a future say in our division and anyone who thinks OSU is just going to roll over and die doesn't follow CF closely - they'll be a powerhouse for years to come. I just want to start winning our fair share of titles starting with this year. I'd take a 1-point win right now in this years UM-OSU game at the Horseshoe and run away with it.

I just want to start winning our fair share of titles starting with this year. I'd take a 1-point win right now in this years UM-OSU game at the Horseshoe and run away with it.

I think Michigan takes control and in that game. They’re playing at a much higher level imo..

I think Michigan takes control and in that game. They’re playing at a much higher level imo..
I hope you're right but OSU has a ton of talent that's not being utilized by their underperforming coaching staff and if they ever put it together...…. Plus, if you've ever payed attention to that rivalry you'd know that the records and stats will be thrown out as it will be a tight game. I like our chances but I'm already getting nervous. They definitely have the weapons to ruin our season just like we did to many OSU powerhouses in the 90s with lesser talent.

Hargod is killing it. He may not be Saban or Meyer, but who is? Plus, would it really shock you if he played in the national title game this year? Wouldn't me.

Because of this, he will dominate the Big 10 for years to come[/ryQUOTE]

he finally has an oline coach. His first 3 years the ol was not that good and last year it was really bad. He fired the ol coach and hired Ed Warinner. Warinner was the ol coach at osu when they won national championship and had best oline in the country

People act like Michigan hasn't still been very good since he got there even though they haven't been elite. If he had come here and coached us to that record we'd be feeling real fat and sassy about it.

I think they'll get OSU this year and make the playoff.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

Literally every team tries to do this. Well, maybe not Mike Leach because he's a different cat, but every other coach does.

It's interesting that it took somebody else's QB recruit to transfer in and save Harbaugh's job this year.... At Stanford he had a once in a lifetime college QB who was ready to play when he stepped on campus. We'll see if Harbaugh can sustain anything.

It's interesting that it took somebody else's QB recruit to transfer in and save Harbaugh's job this year.... At Stanford he had a once in a lifetime college QB who was ready to play when he stepped on campus. We'll see if Harbaugh can sustain anything.

Hargod is so awesome he made Kap look good!!!

He is getting the job done this year. I'm not going to sit here and knock him. If it comes to someone succeeding in the east, I sure as shit ain't going for b*tt f*ck U or the wife beaters.

When is he going to start dominating the BIG exactly?
Are you not paying attention this year? Anybody who had a chance has already lost to them. They are going to absolutely destroy Ohio State, and there is simply no one in the west that can beat them in the B1G Championship.

three year turn around, his last year 12 and 1, left to SF-49ers and positioned Stanford with a contender for several years.
This time, he's staying at Michigan. 2019 Big 12 Championship game: Mi versus Neb

I actually think this is right. Saturday's game proved two things to me:

tOSU is either falling off or not having a good year, in part because of players and in part because THE URB is having his own issues.

Nebraska's offense under Frost is going to be lethal. We almost beat them and they have FAR more talent than we do, and a damn good coach. He's only lost in the Big Ten like what, 3 or 4 times in 6 or 7 years?

Michigan has a really nasty D this year, and yes, Harbaugh is doing very similar things to what he did at Stanford. I wouldn't be shocked if next year our lightning O versus their beastly D is what the Big Ten Championship game features.

Once in a lifetime QB for Harbaugh and frost has arguably had 2 and now maybe a 3rd.

1 at Oregon, one who looks like a premier QB at UCF and now has found a remarkable up and comer in 2AM. I'd say Scott definitely has an eye for these guys and how they fit his system...

Bonus points going to the mad scientist QB coach Verduzco for his abilities in making it happen

Save his job? You've got to be joking me. 8-5 is a disappointing season for them but he's got a 75% win rate since he took the job including a pair of 10-win seasons and their recruiting has been excellent. It would be profoundly stupid of them to get rid of him.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT