ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg

wondrboy

Junior
Jan 21, 2004
Anyone think we would actually have a better Offense with Haarberg right now ? Not saying he is a better QB than Dylan, but a running QB would at least force a Defense to prepare for 3 scenarios. NU's Offense isn't nearly good enough to be only 2 dimensional (and they are just barely 2 dimensional right now)

Anyone think we would actually have a better Offense with Haarberg right now ? Not saying he is a better QB than Dylan, but a running QB would at least force a Defense to prepare for 3 scenarios. NU's Offense isn't nearly good enough to be only 2 dimensional (and they are just barely 2 dimensional right now)
...and that's the bitch of it, Maury, coaches like Rhule will not do what it takes to win with this year's roster. He's in it to prove he can get Raiola and a few others to the NFL. **** the fans who wanna win. It's like his preacher dad, he would forsake the entire congregation (and collect their money) if old lady O'Chaunessy would just be cured of her illness. Then, he looks like the savior....and just guess who the alter boys are in this equation. Like father like son, hardly ever fails.

• Haha
Reactions: kakdawg
NO!

My opinion is that EVERYTHING is geared around Raiola and not an offensive identity. We still don't have an identity, and I feel like the playcalling and everything else is centered around the QB and I understand why that happens, but feel the coach should know better and not be doing that.

I wanted to see the run game develop this year.. it was talked about so much last year and we got all this verbaige from coach, only to basically have it abandoned this year because they got in a hot shot passing qb.

I felt like they should have continued developing the run game and let the freshman ease into things a bit.

Instead, they dropped everything they had been working on, and tried to build a passing game around a freshman QB who is probably not likely to stick around. There will be a lot of teams in his ear as this season winds down.

I also didn't like the Rhule hire because I felt he would not be able to handle the pressure here. The second personal foul against him seems like a symptom of this to me, although I didn't see what happened or what the story was behind it, I did hear Rhule accept blame for the performance and it sounded a bit like what Frost used to say.

I didn't see most of the game yesterday, just heard bits of it on the radio in the 3rd qtr as I was out looking at homes in central florida.

My dad said it was an ass kicking and embarrassing. He wondered why Indiana with a first year head coach got their offense and defense clicking and why our guys were playing uninspired on both sides of the ball.

Opponents will just make adjustments. The issues run much deeper than who is the starting quarterback.
Oh, I totally agree with that. I just think that, with NU's current limitations, an RPO system would generate more points than whatever the hell Satt is trying to do now

Reactions: Dylman
My opinion is that EVERYTHING is geared around Raiola and not an offensive identity. We still don't have an identity, and I feel like the playcalling and everything else is centered around the QB and I understand why that happens, but feel the coach should know better and not be doing that.

I wanted to see the run game develop this year.. it was talked about so much last year and we got all this verbaige from coach, only to basically have it abandoned this year because they got in a hot shot passing qb.

I felt like they should have continued developing the run game and let the freshman ease into things a bit.

Instead, they dropped everything they had been working on, and tried to build a passing game around a freshman QB who is probably not likely to stick around. There will be a lot of teams in his ear as this season winds down.

I also didn't like the Rhule hire because I felt he would not be able to handle the pressure here. The second personal foul against him seems like a symptom of this to me, although I didn't see what happened or what the story was behind it, I did hear Rhule accept blame for the performance and it sounded a bit like what Frost used to say.

I didn't see most of the game yesterday, just heard bits of it on the radio in the 3rd qtr as I was out looking at homes in central florida.

My dad said it was an ass kicking and embarrassing. He wondered why Indiana with a first year head coach got their offense and defense clicking and why our guys were playing uninspired on both sides of the ball.
Satterfield doesn't like to run that much. He even admitted that he thinks the players and fans get bored with it. Truthfully I don't even like his passing game that much. We have some speed at wideout and a QB with a great arm. Throw some long balls and not all these jump throws.

You mean the offense we ran last year? Yeah......no.
I would normally agree with you, but last year's Offense scored more points than this year's Offense (at the same point in Big 10 play). If Haarberg has learned to cut down his turnovers (a big "if", I know), I think an RPO system would get NU that 6th win much easier than the current junk we've been witnessing

I would normally agree with you, but last year's Offense scored more points than this year's Offense (at the same point in Big 10 play). If Haarberg has learned to cut down his turnovers (a big "if", I know), I think an RPO system would get NU that 6th win much easier than the current junk we've been witnessing
I like the red zone package with Haarberg and wish NU had stuck with it yesterday on the drive when it was used. But what on Earth makes you think an RPO game with Haarberg as the full-time QB would be effective, when he hit the broad side of a barn with his passes? And what makes you think he’s “learned to cut down his turnovers”?

Benching Raiola on the hope and prayer that Haarberg has somehow morphed into a real QB does not make sense.

I like the red zone package with Haarberg and wish NU had stuck with it yesterday on the drive when it was used. But what on Earth makes you think an RPO game with Haarberg as the full-time QB would be effective, when he hit the broad side of a barn with his passes? And what makes you think he’s “learned to cut down his turnovers”?

Benching Raiola on the hope and prayer that Haarberg has somehow morphed into a real QB does not make sense.
That's why I said IF he's learned to cut down his turnovers. And I would not bench Raiola for Haarberg. All I'm saying is if this was the last college football season before a giant meteor struck the Earth, and we didn't have to worry about benching a 5-star QB who would probably then transfer, I think NU might get to 6 wins with an HH-led RPO as opposed to a Dylan-led "No Running Threat At All" Offense

100%

It reminds me of the Waterboy when coach Red Beaulieu has Coach Kliens plays. It was laughable how wide open some of those receivers were yesterday.

We were clearly out coached in eveey aspect of the game.
Cignetti on Sadderfield
captaininsano-water.gif

Reactions: Dylman
Wonderboy you are living in a dream world. for some reason the coaches dig in there heels and stay with one qb. I agree.

Dude. Lining up in a pro-style set with HH and Fidone at TE would be killer. BUT that would involve Satt actually running a pro-style and not a wanna be air raid. The goal should’ve been to slow the freaking game down yesterday. Not sitting a shotgun and try to go toe to toe with Indiana clicking on all cylinders. It’s amazing that we’re this far in and Satterfield still can’t figure out how to effectively use a tight end or establish a running game.

it would be nice to see some fire/leadership in the face of adversity from DR every now and again

maybe that's just not who he is
He actually does show excitement & fire, just not in the huddle during an offensive drive where the camera follows him. He's fairly rah-rah at the right times. Timing counts. His coaches could learn from him.

He actually does show excitement & fire, just not in the huddle during an offensive drive where the camera follows him. He's fairly rah-rah at the right times. Timing counts. His coaches could learn from him.
only when things are going his way, when it's easiest

I would have liked to see him chew some ass on those dropped passes by Banks.. what was it, 2 in a row late in the second half?
we scored one TD yesterday on a play that Fidone sprung with a nice block

the play before that Fidone completely whiffed his assignment & HH was in his ear before he even got off the turf

guys respond to leadership

we scored one TD yesterday on a play that Fidone sprung with a nice block

the play before that Fidone completely whiffed his assignment & HH was in his ear before he even got off the turf

guys respond to leadership
yeah I didn't see much of the game, but you're right about leadership, and that is sort of hard to expect from a true freshman, but that is why HH should play a bigger role in the offense.. not just a trick play here or there. HH has leadership ability and he can teach DR those things. I don't think anyone is saying HH is better than DR. They just turned all of this over to him way too early. And Satterfield.. well that guy is just as bad as Frost at running an offense.

yeah I didn't see much of the game, but you're right about leadership, and that is sort of hard to expect from a true freshman, but that is why HH should play a bigger role in the offense.. not just a trick play here or there. HH has leadership ability and he can teach DR those things. I don't think anyone is saying HH is better than DR. They just turned all of this over to him way too early. And Satterfield.. well that guy is just as bad as Frost at running an offense.
I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of shuffling the QBs

Raiola is our best player

I've said this before and it remains true (basically like everything I've ever said about this staff) - the way Satt has organized his unit is malpractice

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of shuffling the QBs

Raiola is our best player

I've said this before and it remains true (basically like everything I've ever said about this staff) - the way Satt has organized his unit is malpractice
we agree on Satt.. I would have started HH this year and eased in DR. but that is me and I'm in the minority on that.

my problem is, we have zero run game (abandoned) and a half baked pass game, which may disappear for next season, leaving us with exactly what to hang our hat on in year 3?

Reactions: king_kong_
we agree on Satt.. I would have started HH this year and eased in DR. but that is me and I'm in the minority on that.

my problem is, we have zero run game (abandoned) and a half baked pass game, which may disappear for next season, leaving us with exactly what to hang our hat on in year 3?
If you would’ve started Haarberg this year, you clearly don’t watch Husker football. Some of you guys are like battered wives.

being a leader requires zero pomposity.

DR just doesn't really seem to respond well to adversity at this point. guys feed off that stuff. especially mentally soft guys like we have.
ugh.. you make a great point.. I don't get the vibe like AM where he made people worse, but I think it's just too much too fast for a true freshman.

Reactions: MargotDeeper

I think there’s a mile of ground between using Haarberg effectively and benching Raiola. Satterfield sucks.

ugh.. you make a great point.. I don't get the vibe like AM where he made people worse, but I think it's just too much too fast for a true freshman.
I just honestly don't know that DR has had to respond to adversity much (ever?) in his entire life prior to getting here

I think there’s a mile of ground between using Haarberg effectively and benching Raiola. Satterfield sucks.
Sure, but the thread started with, "Anyone think we would actually have a better Offense with Haarberg right now?"

If that means Haarberg as the primary QB - Hell no.

If it means getting Haarberg more involved as a weapon - certainly.

Reactions: mgbreis
At 5-2, thank God no one calling for anything like this will be taken seriously by anybody of importance.

The measured response would be to monitor Satt’s offense and if it doesn’t substantially improve, you shit-can him after the season.

Reactions: scarletred

Glad you’re not part of any coaching staff making that decision..Dylan is the future, yea he sucked yesterday but Haarberg wouldn’t take this team anywhere..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT