Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
Is he a good QB?
RiverAdventuresInc-214207-Pieces-Fishing-Equipment-blogbanner1-1080x675.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Is he a good QB?
Yeah perhaps. He played QB in a bad offense as a redshirt freshman. Never got a starter's reps in the spring or pre-season in the fall. He stabilized the position, but his inexperience showed. If he were to start three more seasons, it's very reasonable to think that he could get a lot better in several areas. But I don't think he's gonna get that chance.

Yeah perhaps. He played QB in a bad offense as a redshirt freshman. Never got a starter's reps in the spring or pre-season in the fall. He stabilized the position, but his inexperience showed. If he were to start three more seasons, it's very reasonable to think that he could get a lot better in several areas. But I don't think he's gonna get that chance.
The question needs to be, can he become a good backup QB. I’m glad we have him in the room and I believe he can be better than he showed last fall.

He is always one play away from being called upon, so hopefully he has taken a step forward. I do think he will do whatever is asked of him and that’s a dude I’m happy to call a Husker.
He may not be a "good" QB but IMO, he is a better passer than Turner Gill, Mikey Joseph, Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost or Jamal Lord. I am happy that he is on this team and in the QB room just being Heinrich Haarberg.

Hope he gets on field a ton, just not as a qb. He’s a hell of an athlete and can straight up run people over.

I hope someday he looks the part. He was asked a lot last season and gave it his all. If he could reign in some of those throws he could be just fine.

Maybe he can get his gf into rehab as well and really be a well-rounded Husker

Yah - disagree greatly on that one. Gill was a very poised passer. He wasn’t Mickey or Tommie. Gill was a much better passer than HH (to this point). Did the original poster see Gill play??
I do not know about him. I have witnessed Turner Gill's career including his coaching.

I do not know about him. I have witnessed Turner Gill's career including his coaching.
He was a top 4 Heisman finalist. He had good legs but wasn’t the runner that Tommie or Crouch were. On what planet would HH ever finish in the top 4 in the Heisman race? Much of Gill’s talent was in his balance - good runner and good passer. He wasn’t Jamaal Lord or Mickey Joseph or Scott Frost. Far from it. If Neb didn’t have Rozier that year, Gill may very well have won the Heisman.

Reactions: zrob
He was a top 4 Heisman finalist. He had good legs but wasn’t the runner that Tommie or Crouch were. On what planet would HH ever finish in the top 4 in the Heisman race? Much of Gill’s talent was in his balance - good runner and good passer. He wasn’t Jamaal Lord or Mickey Joseph or Scott Frost. Far from it. If Neb didn’t have Rozier that year, Gill may very well have won the Heisman.
Him or the WR that he helped also finish in the top of the heisman voting, and taken as the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft. What a dumbass comment.
I'll laugh my ass off reading this board if HH transfers before next season. He's good enough to play a lot elsewhere, but not good enough to start anywhere on our team. The new QB transfer takes care of the need for a backup this year.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
I hope someday he looks the part. He was asked a lot last season and gave it his all. If he could reign in some of those throws he could be just fine.

Maybe he can get his gf into rehab as well and really be a well-rounded Husker
Haarberg getting on the field this fall may be tough. If he spends too much time on Harper Murray's issues it will be tougher.

Reactions: c3o
The new QB transfer takes care of the need for a backup this year.
Are you talking about the NAIA guy that was brought in to run the scout team and hold a clipboard while getting his foot in the door at a D1 to kick start his coaching career? Rhule is directly on record that the kid wants to coach. He's not the backup.

Are you talking about the NAIA guy that was brought in to run the scout team and hold a clipboard while getting his foot in the door at a D1 to kick start his coaching career? Rhule is directly on record that the kid wants to coach. He's not the backup.
Correction: He's the backup to the backup to the backup to the actual backup.

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT