ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Brix

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
Had an opportunity to watch him Friday. He is a physical specimen for sure especially against Iowa 1A teams. LM got handled pretty good by WC. Can't say that I was that impressed. Watched the game with a friend that is a high school coach and played college ball. He was disappointed in the effort.

Had an opportunity to watch him Friday. He is a physical specimen for sure especially against Iowa 1A teams. LM got handled pretty good by WC. Can't say that I was that impressed. Watched the game with a friend that is a high school coach and played college ball. He was disappointed in the effort.
Maybe Brix had a bad game it happens. But Alabama is not going to offer a kid in Logan Iowa if he is not legit.

These types of players in small town America can be so hit and miss. I can understand the hesitation, especially if you’ve seen him in person. I can’t speak on his effort in person, but you just never know about kids like this – he could have had a bad game or just is struggling to adjust to the weight he gained in the offseason.

Ernest Hausmann comes to kind for me in this scenario – played for Columbus and many did not like Ruud recruiting him for certain play or lack thereof on the field.

Even if Brix is a bust, as long as he doesn’t have an attitude problem, we’re still better for taking a Top 150 kid with his size and mass who is only 1 hour from Lincoln, Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT