ADVERTISEMENT

Gordon Saturday?

Take it for what it’s worth, but I’ve got a buddy who’s dad works for the National Weather Service. Based on what he posted on FB it looks like the worst of it will be hitting SE Kansas on Saturday morning about 1 am, and won’t hit SE Nebraska until early Sunday morning. And it looks like the path is going to pass to the southeast of Lincoln. You’ll probably get some rain, but I doubt anything that will cancel or even delay the game. If he’s right and the current model holds then Lincoln might be fairly dry for the game on Saturday.

Mother Nature is being a real Mthr F'er!! How about another 5 f'ing straight days of rain, you rip!!

check out ventusky.com to see the models and what they do with gordon. Looks like the funnel boundary will move beyond us by thursday, this will stop gordon at missouri, with some light rain forming behind the boundary, northwest portion of the low. Do not want to be in the ozarks from the 7th to the 14th...wow.

No, only going to get to Missouri. One weather cancellation every 128 years. We should be good for awhile.

UL-Monroe plays at Southern Miss this weekend. If the storm is that bad, maybe UL-Monroe will be looking for a makeup road game. They have Oct. 27 off, as does Nebraska.

UL-Monroe plays at Southern Miss this weekend. If the storm is that bad, maybe UL-Monroe will be looking for a makeup road game. They have Oct. 27 off, as does Nebraska.

tumblr_omdep9vw9d1v6bo9ro5_400.gif

My uncultured redneck part of the family is from Richardson County. The smart ones all moved to Lancaster County. Seriously, my cousin Darin Fritz is the head coach at Falls City High.

Hehe, that's my hometown. :D I understand your thoughts on small towns, but I've always thought there were bright people in the sticks just as there are in cities. They may be less aware or less cultured, but probably even more resourceful. And yes, FC definitely has its less than savory types, but there are some sharp people from FC.

Is Darin related to Louie Fritz (coach Fritz)? I was thinking he was his son. Love coach Fritz. A unique dude, being a dedicated runner and all, but a great guy.

Hehe, that's my hometown. :D I understand your thoughts on small towns, but I've always thought there were bright people in the sticks just as there are in cities. They may be less aware or less cultured, but probably even more resourceful. And yes, FC definitely has its less than savory types, but there are some sharp people from FC.

Is Darin related to Louie Fritz (coach Fritz)? I was thinking he was his son. Love coach Fritz. A unique dude, being a dedicated runner and all, but a great guy.
Darin is my Uncle Louie's eldest son. Most of my family is from Falls City and Verdon. Most are very nice, very smart and accomplished. Not rednecks at all.

Darin is my Uncle Louie's eldest son. Most of my family is from Falls City and Verdon. Most are very nice, very smart and accomplished. Not rednecks at all.

Yeah, there are many really good people from my hometown. I thought one of coach Fritz's kid's names was Darin. Is he the head football coach? Anyone related to Louie has to be a real competitor. Good to hear he is at FC.

Isn't Donnie Hogue involved with football too? I think Donnie is the head basketball coach. At least I think. I've sorta lost track.

Are you familiar with Darwin Palmer? Another great guy and coach from that part of the state.

Josh Gordon!?! In Lincoln!?!? Awesome!!! /s

Better not happen. After spending 3 hrs in Memorial Stadium last Saturday, I need Big Red. Bad.

Yeah, there are many really good people from my hometown. I thought one of coach Fritz's kid's names was Darin. Is he the head football coach? Anyone related to Louie has to be a real competitor. Good to hear he is at FC.

Isn't Donnie Hogue involved with football too? I think Donnie is the head basketball coach. At least I think. I've sorta lost track.

Are you familiar with Darwin Palmer? Another great guy and coach from that part of the state.
Darin is the head football coach. I don't know Donnie or who the basketball coach is. Darwin Palmer goes back a long way in Richardson County, including at Dawson-Verdon.

However, I grew up in Lincoln, so I didn't follow Richardson County that much, and by the time most of my cousins were competing in high school sports, I had moved away from Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT