ADVERTISEMENT

Good recruiting news.

WTH are you talking about. We improved last year in pretty much all aspects of the game as the season wore on. I think that was due to coaching THUS I hope and believe we will improve this year as the season progresses. That seems pretty logical to me.

What the heck does last year have to do with anything? It was, after all, last year. If I use your logic of "coaching" it tells me the coaching stunk for the 6 losses until they kicked it in. It does make a difference who you are playing. Oh I suppose since it is Frost's second year here he was supposed to go 12-0 right because he did that before.

Wow, you seem like a lot of fun. So the OP likes the recruiting class and Nash in particular. Not sure why this pisses you off so much. Seems like you could use some positivity in your life.

He's angry... his dad won't take no for an answer.

Reactions: headcard
While we wait for the announcement of the next new hot recruit we always forget about the guys who are N already. I saw a video and interview of Hutmacher this past week and man I believe that kid is going to be a player. IMO, he's the most impressive line recruit that we've landed since Suh. Quick and extremely powerful. He IS (or has been)THE NUMBER ONE RANKED 285 LB wrestler in the nation and he has to diet to stay at 285. Supposedly they have him slated to play nose tackle and I'll be surprised if it takes him more than a year to break in to the 2 deep. I don't normally blow smoke about recruits at all. This kid is different. We've recruited offensive tackles very well this past year as well IMO. I'm excited about the possibility that we might finally have the kind of talent we need for the O line AND a nose tackle who opposing offenses are going to have to game plan for. When you start getting state champ wrestlers like Benhart and Hutmacher in the trenches, good things will follow.

Posters like to whine about our problems. I'm just stating what appears to be a solution for some of our problems.
How many if theses guys peak before they get on campus and never really contribute?

Wow... let’s take this good news thread and make it not so good, like every other freaking thread on this board.

We could win the national championship and people would complain because the margin of victory was too narrow...

I just don’t get it.

Big bro Daniels seems nasty to me. I like the way he plays.

Dude, totally. I wish we had him for one more year. That shit he pulled at Colorado where he just flexed and it made the Colorado lineman jump was BRILLIANT. Illegal move, but he didn't get flagged! :-D

Also he's a grown ass man pushing kids around out there. I just hope Little Daniels (who is absolutely not little at all) grows into that kind of player, too.

This years recruiting class (going off of ESPN, 24/7 and Rivals and then taking the highest rank):

4 star players:
Turner Corcoran (top 41st player 24/7)
Zavier Betts (Top 52nd player rivals)
Henry Gray (Top 93rd player ESPN)
Blaise Gunnerson (top 138th player 24/7)
Nash Hutmacher (24/7 has him 4 stars)
Logan Smothers (rivals has him 4 stars)

high 3 star guys that are borderline 4 stars:
Will Nixon (5.7 3 star)
Rodney Groce (5.7 3 star)
Sevion Morrison (24/7 has him borderline 4)

the rest hit 5.6 3 star players.

so that’s 6 4 star players out of 12 total commits and 3 of those are top 100 talents. Then there is 3 players that are borderline 4 star players and eventually could be 4 stars. Then the rest are all 5.6 3 star guys which isn’t bad at all. Wisconsin and Iowa have done just fine with those level of recruits. I’ll definitely take it, even more so when we could land several more players and a few of them might be 4 star guys. GBR

Good post. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we are never going to beat Ohio State in recruiting, but if we can consistently land top 20 classes, we can hang with anyone in a game.

You misunderstood my post. I don’t care about OP’s remarks, I just think the thread title is completely misleading. I clicked expecting some new Crystal Balls for Kaden Johnson to be N, but all I found was blue balls.

Agree. Conversation is fine, but the title leads anyone to believe there is actual news. Not just that recruiting in general is looking pretty good.

How many if theses guys peak before they get on campus and never really contribute?

lol, that’s an issue EVER team faces. It doesn’t mean you don’t recruit them. You go out and get the best players available and then you can try and develop them and hope things work out. But again, that’s an issue every team in the country faces.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
and he is a NT.

right, he’s a NT and Guard. If he doesn’t work at NT he can go to guard. It’s what Austin, Walters and Frost are taking right now. Again, my guess is we slide players around. Austin has said in the past he loves his linemen being able to play all the positions so yeah....that’s my best guess bro.

Edited: the Hutmacher thing reminds me of how we did Brant Banks. We brought him in and let him give Dline a try first and then he got moved to Oline. We will probably let Hutmacher give NT a try and if that’s not working out, then slide him over to guard. Im honestly fine with him at either position.

Last edited:
right, he’s a NT and Guard. If he doesn’t work at NT he can go to guard. It’s what Austin, Walters and Frost are taking right now. Again, my guess is we slide players around. Austin has said in the past he loves his linemen being able to play all the positions so yeah....that’s my best guess bro.

Edited: the Hutmacher thing reminds me of how we did Brant Banks. We brought him in and let him give Dline a try first and then he got moved to Oline. We will probably let Hutmacher give NT a try and if that’s not working out, then slide him over to guard. Im honestly fine with him at either position.
Lets hope they dont do him like Baker Steinkuhler

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT