ADVERTISEMENT

Good Game

Wisconsin’s QB’s hand only hampered him from taking snaps under center. It clearly didn’t affect his passing or running.
His being able to run the football was probably the difference in the game.

You thought an overtime loss at Wisconsin was embarrassing? It was two first year coaches neck and neck..
Yes. Giving up a 14 point lead while showing a complete inability to move the ball or stop them when necessary and not only losing, but failing to even get a first down, in overtime is VERY VERY concerning. This is the same nonsense that's been going on for years and it's not necessary to pay 9 million to a coach for this....or to make his OC a top 5 paid coordinator. It's entirely unacceptable when the people in charge have been given so much.

I was good with your first post, but have to strongly disagree with this one. It may have been the right ultimate call for the reason you stated, but there was a lot of time and plenty of options for low turnover probability plays that you absolutely take before you settle for the field goal. And he did take one shot after botching the management once there were 13 seconds left, so even he disagrees with you. Basically displayed publicly that he was clueless how to handle the last minute or so of the game.
Why do you care-I forget are you a gophers fan Iowa fan or KSU fan?

We had the timeouts could have just run a couple low risk ruching plays to see what happens then kick the FG.
C'mon that's nonsense talk. You get a first down, you run clock to :03 and kick a FG on first down. You must take crazy pills.

So do you think Satt is going to magically change into something better? Everyone is always limited to the players they have. Wisconsin had qb with broken hand and RB with injury recovering from.
Sat has had to adapt more than I've ever seen a coach have to do, because of personnel changes. He started planning his offense with the top 3 receivers, top 2 running backs, a transfer QB, and a stable of returning linemen. He is now working with a 3rd string QB, 3 rookie receivers, and 2 missing Olinemen. He has had to adapt almost every week. It's no wonder we the offense doesn't look good. But we have been able to establish the running game identity. I'm anxious to see what all this youth can do after all the experience they are getting this year.

Also.. those of you complaining we kicked a field goal to go to overtime instead of taking another shot…

Just a reminder that we lead the country in turnovers. If we turned it over there and lost the game y’all would call to fire everybody immediately.
With this team, he made the right call.
It wasn't about taking another shot. It was the fact they burned so much clock at the end and essentially knew they were playing to tie. So many more plays could have been ran in that little stretch to try and score but we decided **** it, we're gonna burn the clock and send our 62% kicker out there and tie this thing. If we don't have an offensive 2 minute drill that's embarrassing. "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT