ADVERTISEMENT

Good Game

TarheelHuskerFan

Blackshirt
Jul 10, 2008
Spring Lake, NC
2 first year head coaches, both 5-5.
Wisconsin has a way better roster than us and has gone bowling for the last 21 years. We haven’t bowled in what.. 5-6 years?
We took them to overtime on their own field with our 3rd string QBs first start here.

Please stop acting like the sky is falling.
This is what we expected in year one.

Go Huskers!

Wisconsin has a way better roster than us and has gone bowling for the last 21 years. We haven’t bowled in what.. 5-6 years?
We took them to overtime on their own field with our 3rd string QBs first start here.

Go Huskers!
Also.. those of you complaining we kicked a field goal to go to overtime instead of taking another shot…

Just a reminder that we lead the country in turnovers. If we turned it over there and lost the game y’all would call to fire everybody immediately.
With this team, he made the right call.

Also.. those of you complaining we kicked a field goal to go to overtime instead of taking another shot…

Just a reminder that we lead the country in turnovers. If we turned it over there and lost the game y’all would call to fire everybody immediately.
Thanks for the post, finally someone that’s level headed, I’ll add with a bandaid offense, I do have legitimate issues with satt but his play calling is limited to the players he has

Not sure we have anybody saying the sky is falling.

Hell, we have no sky left to fall, we haven't won a game that mattered in a few decades.

Year 1 under Rhule, and we are struggling to find any kind of identity on offense, and while our defense is sound, we are slow slow slow.

Progress is being made. Tough to accept others doing better, but we are indeed getting better.

Go Huskers!
Yeah, you’re right this was another great moral victory for NU . If we only had their roster, had some bowl game experience, maybe played the game in Lincoln, and had a few years to rebuild we could’ve taken ‘em. Just wait until the next year after next year! I appreciate the positive perspective though, I honestly do.

Thanks for the post, finally someone that’s level headed, I’ll add with a bandaid offense, I do have legitimate issues with satt but his play calling is limited to the players he has
So do you think Satt is going to magically change into something better? Everyone is always limited to the players they have. Wisconsin had qb with broken hand and RB with injury recovering from.

I was good with your first post, but have to strongly disagree with this one. It may have been the right ultimate call for the reason you stated, but there was a lot of time and plenty of options for low turnover probability plays that you absolutely take before you settle for the field goal. And he did take one shot after botching the management once there were 13 seconds left, so even he disagrees with you. Basically displayed publicly that he was clueless how to handle the last minute or so of the game.

Yeah, you’re right this was another great moral victory for NU . If we only had their roster, had some bowl game experience, maybe played the game in Lincoln, and had a few years to rebuild we could’ve taken ‘em. Just wait until the next year after next year! I appreciate the positive perspective though, I honestly do.
I understand your perspective here because that was what we had for the last 5+ years and it grew tiresome. “Moral victories” and just give it some time. But it didn’t work with Frost, he wasn’t the guy. It became clear he wasn’t going to get over the hump.
It’s only fair to start the clock over for Rhule. It’s not his fault we had to deal with this for so long. But his style is to build it up over a few years and he’s shown a few times that he can do that.

So yeah.. progress. We lost but we improved in specific areas last night with our roster full of freshman.

I’ll trust the process unless it’s the same story in year 3

Reactions: dinglefritz
So do you think Satt is going to magically change into something better? Everyone is always limited to the players they have. Wisconsin had qb with broken hand and RB with injury recovering from.
Don’t you think they pumped Allen with painkillers? With a bad ankle injury and he contributes that much. They have there starting oline thats a big plus

Please see NORTHWESTERN.. acting HC takes team from 1-11 to bowl game in 1 year. Your telling me they have better players than us? Give me a break..
This very concerning.. but hey, we are in rebuild mode.. So dumb it makes me sick.

I dont see progress.

I seen the same things from the past 6 years.

Unless we win Friday.
Yep. It's strange that people think the only way to rebuild is to be embarrassed for years while you build you culture...you can win immediately and build for bigger things as the seasons pass. It's so weird people are willing to put up with this.

Don’t you think they pumped Allen with painkillers? With a bad ankle injury and he contributes that much. They have there starting oline thats a big plus
This idiot thinks someone can play with a broken hand.. What a bafoon must have not seen Joe Burrow Thursday night.

Yep. It's strange that people think the only way to rebuild is to be embarrassed for years while you build you culture...you can win immediately and build for bigger things as the seasons pass. It's so weird people are willing to put up with this.

They said Rhuie said the way to learn how to win close games is to lose them

Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
You thought an overtime loss at Wisconsin was embarrassing? It was two first year coaches neck and neck..

This very concerning.. but hey, we are in rebuild mode.. So dumb it makes me sick.
And that’s not the norm for taking over a program that’s been trash for years.
Y’all are gonna turn over the coaching staff every year unless they win 9 wins in year one…
Everybody knew coming into this season that it was going to be ugly especially with our roster. But now that it’s actually happening everybody changed their mind. We are being too short sided and impatient. Which I understand because we’ve had to wait through the Riley and Frost years.. But give him a chance geez

Reactions: bigboxes
Wisconsin’s QB’s hand only hampered him from taking snaps under center. It clearly didn’t affect his passing or running.

Grats guys. We took a shitty B10 team as bad as us to overtime. Pats on the back all around.
seriously.

pathetic.

my prediction that last night's loss would be looked at as the best win of the season has come true in record time.

Like a lot of people, I thought we could maybe be a 6-6 or maybe 7-5 team pre-season. So it’s important to keep that in mind. But when you actually see a 6-6 season (potentially, probably 5-7😕) unfold, especially how this did, and know we were only a few plays away from being 8-4 or even 9-3, it’s a tough pill to swallow.

I think the farther we get away from these close emotional losses the better our perspective will be, I hope, but this coaching staff, players, university, fans and state really need something positive to build on. Going into the off season losing four straight games, losing to iowa on senior day and no bowl game will make this rebuild more difficult. Positive momentum is essential when faced with any difficult task, and we will have none. Gotta beat the squawks, period.

The sky isn't falling. At the same time there have been many missed opportunities this year.

Some that has been on the coaches. Sims was a bad call. Rhule's time management has been suspect. Some of the personnel decisions and situational playcalling has been baffling.

Some of it on circumstances. It's fair to say this team has suffered more than their fair share of injuries. The what ifs on this subject are endless. Like what if Chuba was healthy week 1. Or what if the rb was at full strength.

Some of it is on the players just not making plays. Like Javin Wright missing on the blitz last night. Or Grant fumbling the game away against Minnesota. Or the ridiculous number of times the qbs give the ball away.

At the end of all the that, this team is 5-6 and needs to beat Iowa to go bowling.

We're heading into the off-season on a high note or being served a shit sandwich.

Last edited:
the Doofus won (and covered) last night's inaugural Dingle Bowl.

at least we Huskers had 7 minutes of excitement!
I think Doofus probably hired a better OC than us. ☹️ Fickell appeared to do virtually nothing during the game. His coordinators are pretty damned good and they’re way more experienced at the offensive skill positions.

• Sad
I think Doofus probably hired a better OC than us. ☹️ Fickell appeared to do virtually nothing during the game. His coordinators are pretty damned good and they’re way more experienced at the offensive skill positions.
what kind of idiot hires good coordinators??

At the end of all the that, this team is 5-5 and needs to beat Iowa to go bowling.

We're heading into the off-season on a high note or being served a shit sandwich.
we're 5-6.

moral victories still get tallied in the L column, even though we really know what happened.

unfair!

• Love
Reactions: JOHNNY N
we're 5-6.

moral victories still get tallied in the L column, even though we really know what happened.

unfair!
If only you could get credit for multiple moral victories. Like for every 3 moral victories you get to flip one L to an actual W.

• Haha
If only you could get credit for multiple moral victories. Like for every 3 moral victories you get to flip one L to an actual W.
moral victories and off season titles would have this program right where it needs to be

We had the timeouts could have just run a couple low risk ruching plays to see what happens then kick the FG.

Go Huskers!

I actually wasn't bothered much because I expected to lose. This game didn't bother me near as bad as the last two.

Holla

Go Huskers!
Please provide evidence that wisconsin has "a way better roster" than us. Also, did they have any players out?

moral victories and off season titles would have this program right where it needs to be
No other program has as many off season titles combined with as many complete in-season changes in expectations as Nebraska. Happened with Riley and Frost, and I see its well under way again with Rhule.

Soon we will be talking about "easily seeing" a 8-10 win season this offseason only to be having "glad and lucky to win 6 games" posts midway through next year.

Also, no other program faces challenges. Just Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT