ADVERTISEMENT

God hates Nebraska....

Its not like it was bad luck. Missed layups, missed FT, terrible shot selection, sat in a 2-3 zone, walked the ball up the court. Awful all around game.

Moos won't put up with this for long. Timmy might have another year after this but it's tourney or bust next year. Then Moos can open up the checkbook

John Calipari could come in with the top 10 players in the country for 10 years straight and we would still not win an NCAA tourney game. Cursed program!

Reactions: nudan92
Lets not stop with God...... Allah, Buddha, Atheists, Aliens, Zombies....... You can keep going if you want to. The hashtag #FUGLY seems appropriate!

You guys don't get it do you? We will not win with ANY Coach. I've been watching for 50 years and NO tourney wins. it is NEVER going to happen.

Reactions: nudan92
Moos won't put up with this for long. Timmy might have another year after this but it's tourney or bust next year. Then Moos can open up the checkbook
Open the checkbook for who? This is not like a blue blood basketball program. Not going to attract a premiere coach.

You guys don't get it do you? We will not win with ANY Coach. I've been watching for 50 years and NO tourney wins. it is NEVER going to happen.
This. Lol. I have been watching NU lose since the Joe Cipriano era. What a joke of a program
Unless by some miracle we are able to hire a big name coach here, or, by some miracle hire the next great young coach by sheer dumb luck, we are doomed.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
This. Lol. I have been watching NU lose since the Joe Cipriano era. What a joke of a program
Unless by some miracle we are able to hire a big name coach here, or, by some miracle hire the next great young coach by sheer dumb luck, we are doomed.
Im sure Northwestern felt that way until last year too.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Bye bye NCAA Chances.
Tim will get another year because "next year" is the theme of Nebraska basketball.
Wonder what a certain coach at SD could do with this team.
Whatever Nebraska does next year, rest assured there are numerous other coaches who could do more.
Weren't we told building Pinnacle would solve our ills?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If Moos could pull that off. He deserves a statue built in his honor
Lue's days are numbered whether we would be willing to pay him what he's worth, (probably 4+ million a year) is another story. I really like Jacobson from UNI. dude's a winner and if we don't give him a shot another power 5 will very soon.

Jon Scheyer is the guy Moos should go after. Extremely young, played at and coaching under the GOAT, getting a ton of pub as a really good recruiter, and is a legend in the state of Illinois where theres a lot of talent. Question is would he take this as his first gig? Historically bad program, but in a Big Boy league with nice facilities and good fan support.

Maybe Moos combs the waters while placating Miles with another year/no addtl buyout. Play both sides. Tee up a young guy that can succeed/recruit ala Scott Frost.

That is one thing Miles can do well, is recruit. At least give him that...

Reactions: TheNewNU
Jon Scheyer is the guy Moos should go after. Extremely young, played at and coaching under the GOAT, getting a ton of pub as a really good recruiter, and is a legend in the state of Illinois where theres a lot of talent. Question is would he take this as his first gig? Historically bad program, but in a Big Boy league with nice facilities and good fan support.
Why would you want to ruin a mans career. This is the place coaches go to die!! Always will be!

Why all the talk about no extension? The last AD was crucified for that, and now it's ok? If they stumble down the stretch I am sure Barfy will have an article at the ready explaining why nothing can be on Miles, that way you guys can believe it.

I’m not sure I understand why people want Lue. The NBA and college are two completely different animals. Can Lue recruit? Does he want to? Does he even care about Nebraska? He’s been back here only once since he left as far as I know.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I’m not sure I understand why people want Lue. The NBA and college are two completely different animals. Can Lue recruit? Does he want to? Does he even care about Nebraska? He’s been back here only once since he left as far as I know.
He played here though (Sorry, had to do it)

Have to hope Palmer comes back next year. If he doesn't, we'll be an NIT team again. The Big Ten will be much stronger overall next year. Need to find a grad transfer that can play inside as well.

Its not like it was bad luck. Missed layups, missed FT, terrible shot selection, sat in a 2-3 zone, walked the ball up the court. Awful all around game.

All of above plus the Huskers don't play very smart ball. It seemed like today when the score was something like 52-47 for several minutes that the Huskers would make dribble penetration only to kick the ball out for a bad shot.

Reactions: headcard
Why would you want to ruin a mans career. This is the place coaches go to die!! Always will be!

Well you can also say he can write his ticket if he succeeds at all in Lincoln. He's also the type of guy Nebraska has to start looking at IMO. They need to go extremely young as kids will relate to them better and they have a better chance of landing guys to Nebraska. It's ok if they bail as long as they start to build the program in the process.

John Calipari could come in with the top 10 players in the country for 10 years straight and we would still not win an NCAA tourney game. Cursed program!

Yeah, but I bet we would sure as hell go deep into the NIT. :D

They said the same thing about the Cubs. Just need to fire Boehm and hire Theo Epstein.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I lost multiple mortgage payments on this game then I looked in the mirror and realized....” you bet heavy timber on the worst power five program of all time.... you should gave just jumped off the bob Kerry bridge”

I've said that for years find out who put the curse on reverse it he'll have a priest do a exorcism on it!!!

Basketball. Only explanation I got! 50 years watching this shit show!
I'll admit to being more of a casual basketball fan and I'll watch em whenever they are televised, but I gotta tell ya, this is the best I've ever seen Nebraska basketball look.

I think they've taken another step this year. I'd like to see better guard play and a certified big man, but, for the most part, I like what I'm seeing. We play pretty tough D and just need better guard play. Watson looked off balance on that last shot, falling forward as he released it. He's been a non-factor too many games that I've watched.

And Gill??? He's not shy about shooting the ball, but I don't recall him ever making one.

And like I said, don't watch other basketball teams until tourney time but I really saw some ticky-tack fouls today vs. Illinois. How they call it is always in question, just call it the same both ways.

We have 20 wins at this point in the season and tied for 4th in the conference. Miles was able to secure the likes of Roby, Palmer and Copeland. Pinnacle is sold out almost every game and this has been a pretty good year to watch Husker basketball. Miles isn't going anywhere just because we lost a conference road game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT