ADVERTISEMENT

Glass half full....

Clshep

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2012
Indiana
Not the ending I was hoping for, however

Special Teams: Finally looked like it was not a liability. Actually made plays, all phases looked to be more than serviceable. I like not fair catching kick offs.
I was glad to see the young kicker not look like a young kicker.

Defense: Looks like there is definitely something to build on. They play hard and rally to the ball which is refreshing.
Need to clean up some coverages, but anytime you hold a B1G team to 2.2 ypc, you have done well. As their comfort level grows, we should see steady improvement.
Overall, better than I anticipated. I like the D and as the younger players get reps, it should get better.

Offense: Ran the ball with some success. Run blocking looked better, at times we actually relocated the line of scrimmage. They just need to get out of their own way.
This is also where I think we will see the most new faces emerge as the season progresses.
We have big bodies TEs, we made little attempt to get them the ball. During the pick in the end zone NB was standing at the goal line looking for the ball with no defender on him.
Bottom line you cannot give the ball away 4 times and expect to win the game. Lots to clean up with this unit.

I don't believe the sky if falling. I do believe some things need improved immediately. Week 1 to week 2 is supposed to be the most improvement, time will tell. GBR!🎈

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News