ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Rumor

TripleOption67

Walk On
Dec 5, 2017

Anyone think this could have been a factor in Dylan's decision? Or is this just someone throwing crap against a wall for clicks?

Mmmmmaaaabeeeeeey No doubt other teams were using it in recruiting against them. I’m not sure why he would leave for the Falcons. Doesn’t he have a 10 year @ 11M/year deal now?
listen to the podcast interview with Trent Dilfer I posted.

college football coaches are doing 3+ jobs at once around the clock around the calendar - coaching, recruiting, fund raising, brand marketing, etc., etc., etc.

pro football coaches just coach.

"This is reportedly the reason for the recent mass exodus of high-profile recruits from UGA's campus."

Quite the mass exodus - even without Raiola, they ended up with the #1 recruiting class that included 10 top 100 players and 23 4/5 star recruits.
And all they'll do is replace the depth that was already established that left. The only difference between the 5 star last year and the 5 star this year is experience.

would shock me.

you can't consistently accumulate a massive talent advantage in the NFL the way you can in college

Don't know and for Dylan's case don't care because he's in Lincoln for whatever reason. But now if some other Georgia players/recruits want to come to Nebraska then and only then am I interested.

Reactions: WHCSC
Stoops wasn’t southern so it makes it all the more curious. The other guy I think of off the top of my head was Spurrier, and he was a clown. A troll before trolling was even a thing.
Not a lot of tough guys on this list - I guess I'd have to give the title of "Visor too tough to tame" to Gary Patterson?

"This is reportedly the reason for the recent mass exodus of high-profile recruits from UGA's campus."

Quite the mass exodus - even without Raiola, they ended up with the #1 recruiting class that included 10 top 100 players and 23 4/5 star recruits.

I guess Georgia would’ve signed 30 top 100 recruits otherwise? 🤷‍♂️

I guess Georgia would’ve signed 30 top 100 recruits otherwise? 🤷‍♂️
Apples and oranges. The mass exodus wasn't this year's high school recruits but players already on the Georgia roster from prior recruiting classes. No idea though how many of this year's highly rated recruits to Georgia will still be there to finish they're career.

Reactions: V-Doub
Apples and oranges. The mass exodus wasn't this year's high school recruits but players already on the Georgia roster from prior recruiting classes. No idea though how many of this year's highly rated recruits to Georgia will still be there to finish they're career.

UGA had a bunch of Transfers last year as well. I think, when you recruit like they do it’s inevitable. These 4 and 5* kids want to play for a winner, the key word is play. In the end they want to get on the field and kids are impatient. JMo

Reactions: TarHeelMIchael
We have heard a little rumbling about that here in GA. Not sure it has much traction tho

honestly, i think Saban could've been a great NFL head coach, he just didn't care for it.

considering he was stuck with the ghost of Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington as his QBs, his record really isn't that bad.
F that. He was getting paid very well to at least care and put out the best product. He affected careers and future contracts for his players. If you are correct on not caring he's a giant POS.

listen to the podcast interview with Trent Dilfer I posted.

college football coaches are doing 3+ jobs at once around the clock around the calendar - coaching, recruiting, fund raising, brand marketing, etc., etc., etc.

pro football coaches just coach.
I am. not saying that smart is leaving…but…

I know for a fact that Smart told one recruit that he was relieved the player didnt ask about NIL while on a visit, because all the other recruits did and it pissed him off.

I think NIL and the portal are just another layer on top of what you posted of the juggling act college coaches have to do now compared to pro coaches.

Kirby’s tough guy act would wear mighty thin in the NFL. Arthur Blank did hire Bobby Petrino to Atlanta so there’s that.
Kirby is a good dude and his players love him for the most part. I think he’d do fine relating to the players, but the NFL is a different game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT