ADVERTISEMENT

Game grades

OLine should be a C. I don’t think some on here realize how bad Colorado is especially on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They are in for a very long year. Probably a 4 win season. Special teams was awful outside of Buschini. Punt return game was adequate.

I give myself an F for Coin Flip stress.

I didn't want to see the CU offense get the ball first, see them score, and then be playing from behind with a freshman QB.

But I forgot we have Tony White. The Buffs went 3 & out. We took the ball and moved down the field to score. That was story book stuff.

I give myself an F for Coin Flip stress.

I didn't want to see the CU offense get the ball first, see them score, and then be playing from behind with a freshman QB.

But I forgot we have Tony White. The Buffs went 3 & out. We took the ball and moved down the field to score. That was story book stuff.
Then we don't convert on 3rd and wondering if they're going to get the ball and move it. Pick six! Absolute dream first half and get to say we went conservative(we sid) and it was clear we could have scored 40+. Great weekend to be a Husker! GBR!

We were opening holes on their defense with our OL and DD was running great, better than we've seen.

I wouldn't give the OL a C because they put 6 and 7 guys in the box in the 2nd half. That's on the coaches to call the right plays and burn that look.

Didnt Rhule say he was going to murder you if you played 1 high safety? Looks like we're not there yet. We need to get there asap.

Second half Colorado said, “**** it” and blitzed and put their DB on islands. Combined with our vanilla play calling it made the second half lackluster

And the officiating went into “protect the sanders” mode.

I’m very happy with what I saw yesterday. We beat them up. All of them. They won’t have much of a team to field next week

We were opening holes on their defense with our OL and DD was running great, better than we've seen.

I wouldn't give the OL a C because they put 6 and 7 guys in the box in the 2nd half. That's on the coaches to call the right plays and burn that look.

Didnt Rhule say he was going to murder you if you played 1 high safety? Looks like we're not there yet. We need to get there asap.
Their secondary were allowed to play far too physical by the refs and we still burned them on a few which were called back on phantom holding calls. Officiating won't be like that rest of the season.

Their secondary were allowed to play far too physical by the refs and we still burned them on a few which were called back on phantom holding calls. Officiating won't be like that rest of the season.
Our receivers should be prepared for the big 10 after last night, I think every team in the big 10 grab and hold our receivers

6-8 in the box and a fair number of blitzes. One well devised blitz they did had a backer come on our right side and either a safety or backer come a split second later as Rhamir’s eyes went to the guy on the right. The left side blitzer got a sack. They executed it perfectly.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
6-8 in the box and a fair number of blitzes. One well devised blitz they did had a backer come on our right side and either a safety or backer come a split second later as Rhamir’s eyes went to the guy on the right. The left side blitzer got a sack. They executed it perfectly.
They were getting decent pressure on DR but I don't think he was sacked last night.

Reactions: shocksker
I'd rate QB a B+ maybe even A-. DR's awareness of the game on top of his skills just dazzles me.

Field Goals are a concern. At this point I trust DR's arm, and even his scrambling ability, in going for it on 4th down over attempting a Field Goal.
He is 1-2 in FG . Let’s see who Rhule trots out there next week in a FG situation.

No he didn't. Got a QB hurry. Dylan never got sacked I don't think.

I think the teams were closer than the score showed. Crowd really got to CU.
No. Absolutely not.
Our lines are much better than theirs, obviously D line is much much better. Talent - probably, cohesion and experience in systems-most definitely.
Skill positions - we have way more options than they do. Sure, Shadeur and Hunter are damn good, but you need more than that.
They’re not a team.

DR was probably a solid b- he had one almost turnover and other than that protected the ball. That is what they wanted in this game a probably all year.

DR was probably a solid b- he had one almost turnover and other than that protected the ball. That is what they wanted in this game a probably all year.
He's going to probably be asked to do more a few times this year. We might need a comeback.

DR had some great throws that weren't completed because of defensive PI...

QB rating should at least be in the B+ range.
Not singling you out but was there a stiff breeze at the game? I noticed some of DRs long throws were short compared to the prior week. Nobody's kickoffs reached the endzone on that same direction. Colorado's punter had problems kicking that direction as well. Maybe there wasn't but it just seemed odd that his long completion to Lloyd was as short as it was and a back shoulder throw to Neyor/Banks (I don't recall exactly who it was) was woefully short also. Just seemed out of character.

Reactions: blackbones
QB - B - Great job managing the game.
RB - B
WR - C - Missed some catchable balls. Lloyd has to reel that TD in. Also need to get open against better competition.
OL - C - Was great early, but needed them a little more in crunch time. Funny that TC is performing better than Benhardt. BB had a tough game and needs to pick it up.
TE - B - Blocking pretty well. Need to get a little more involved. But overall solid
DL - A+ - Enough said.
LB - B+ -
DB - B+ - Tommi Hill was excellent. Buford played pretty well, but would like to see just a little more improvement, but hard to nit pick

Special Teams - D (Aggregate)
Punter - A - Buschini seems to be trending back to good Buschini.
Kicker - F - Field goal is bad and I think it is time to try Hohl. Alvano doesn't have it. The upside is there, but kid doesn't show up on gameday. Sucks because he did at Westside. Also really need to figure out how they are going to kick off. I like when they brought Buschini in and tried to blow it out of the end zone.

Reactions: cvogele29
QB - C
RB - C
WR - D
OL - C
TE - C

DL - B
LB - C
DB - C

these grades are based on competing with georgia, osu, ut types. I can't use cu as the standard
primes football standard is twitter, instagram and beasts used for food, clothing and shelter

Reactions: leodisflowers
QB - C
RB - C
WR - D
OL - C
TE - C

DL - B
LB - C
DB - C

these grades are based on competing with georgia, osu, ut types. I can't use cu as the standard
primes football standard is twitter, instagram and beasts used for food, clothing and shelter
So you can't use actual data in terms of grading positions. But will grade based on assumptions or future opponents. Also this thread is based on this game

So you can't use actual data in terms of grading positions. But will grade based on assumptions or future opponents. Also this thread is based on this game
I have no problem with judging it on this game or the big picture, good win but there's along ways to go is kind how I'm seeing it..cause if we continue to win the competition just gets harder.

Last edited:
Passing game has definite room to grow but we have the arm and talent to get there. This offense will look quite different as DR and the receivers continue to gel and he gets more confidence to throw ball over the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT