ADVERTISEMENT

Game day!! GBR!!

There is no factual nor scientific evidence to support this but I heartfully believe our increased hitting and live tackling in practice is worth two more wins this year.
Of course I’ve also said our easier schedule is worth two more wins, reducing our turnovers is worth two more wins, better offensive line play is worth two more wins and better game day management is worth two more wins. Either I’m really wrong or we are going 12-0. :cool:

Of course I’ve also said our easier schedule is worth two more wins, reducing our turnovers is worth two more wins, better offensive line play is worth two more wins and better game day management is worth two more wins. Either I’m really wrong or we are going 12-0. :cool:
Given the number of one score losses over the entirety of the Frost regime that could have been wins if not for a couple of bad luck plays/botched plays/stupid penalties, it’s not kooky to think a more sound style of play will equal more wins.

Coach Rhule Minnesota Week Press Conference Notes -Alex Bullock has been dynamic all camp, one handed catches -Marcus Washington taking it one day at a time, knows the playbook better than he ever has -Coach Rhule wants it to be a program where everything is earned -won’t know truly what type of team we are until the game, or maybe a couple games -wants the team to not worry about the score, just play -Coach Rhule has adopted more walkthroughs than meetings thanks to the NFL -gives props to Mickey Joseph on his time here as interim head coach -Coach Satterfield and Coach White will coach from the field -Garrett McGuire will be in the box -happiest Coach Rhule has been in a long time -football IQ and situational football has improved the most since Fall Camp -Coach Rhule has the utmost respect for PJ Fleck -the game vs. Minnesota will come down to 3rd downs -Jimari Butler is banged up with a foot injury, was set to be a starter -Chief Borders has the personality, but more importantly his commitment to the community -kicker spot will be finalized in the next few days -the final three single-digit jerseys will be announced LATER TODAY -Tommi Hill is back to full speed -Omar Brown struggling with consistency -DeShon Singleton is one of the biggest, most explosive safeties Coach has ever seen -Marques Buford had a significant jump is his health, estimated for 4-5 week return -Arik Gilbert waiver is still in progress -confident that the team will be physical and won’t celebrate prematurely -Coach Rhule cannot wait to experience a home game, but he also loves being on the road -Blackshirts will come out on SUNDAY

Last edited:
It seems we're pretty healthy (knock on wood). We have some people dinged up but we've lost more key players to mental issues than injury it seems.

Coach Rhule Press Conference Notes (08/29/2023) -Not prepared to speak on Arik Gilbert, Coach Rhule just received phone call. Trev will have more to say -True freshman Tristan Alvano is the starting kicker -Teddy Prochazka and Marcus Washington are both ready to play -Janiran Bonner can be a hybrid tight end if needed, as well as Jake Appleget -Certain O-Lineman have practiced at tight end for bigger sets -Not fair catching ANY kickoff returns, coach isn't a fan of that -Emmett Johnson has made a "quantum" leap, noticed explosiveness in a slam dunk contest -Coach Rhule is a big fan of Rahmir Johnson, wants him in the game A LOT -Blackshirts and single-digits will be heavily used on special teams -Kicking spot was one of the hardest competitions this camp -Most road games the team will see a movie -Blackshirts are meant to be vicious, they have to uphold that standard -Want to be the best team at the end, not the start #GBR

11:08 AM · Aug 29, 2023

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT