ADVERTISEMENT

Game day!! GBR!!

Of all the offensive linemen at Nebraska, Benhart might benefit the most from Rhule and his staff. That includes the work strength and conditioning coach Corey Campbell has done with helping Benhart and the other massive bodies on Nebraska’s roster — think Nash Hutmacher — slim down so they’re quicker.

In a recent interview with Huskers Radio Network, Benhart said he appreciates the vocal support he and others have received from Rhule. It’s a change from previous seasons.
As the offensive line goes, so goes the entire offense. That’s an old football saying, but it’s one that tends to be true. Nebraska returns a veteran group up front, but it’s one that has its questions.

>> Can Teddy Prochazka stay healthy and lock down that left tackle spot? Ultimately, he's still an unknown who's only played in eight career games. He hasn't finished a season since his senior year in high school.

>> Can center Ben Scott make a seamless transition from the Pac-12 to the Big Ten?

>> What kind of rust will guard Nouredin Nouili have to knock off after not playing in a game since Nov. 26, 2021?

>> Can Ethan Piper find his way into the starting lineup at guard?

>> What about the depth at tackle? If Turner Corcoran wins a starting guard job, he can bump outside to play tackle if needed. But beyond Corcoran, who else can play tackle at the caliber needed in the Big Ten? Maybe Utah transfer Tyler Knaak or early-enrollee true freshman Gunnar Gottula? Neither have played in a college football game before.

>> What kind of progress has Georgia transfer Jacob Hood made in his conditioning? He's viewed as a project more than an immediate-impact addition.

Lots of questions that won’t be answered until late August, when the Huskers travel to Minneapolis for a Thursday night showdown against PJ Fleck and Minnesota. In the meantime, Rhule will be in the ears of his offensive linemen, telling them they’re in this thing together.

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

I dunno - will be interesting to see whether he shows up as the CEO in charge, or the ole ball coach. I expect the CEO look.

Screen-Shot-2022-12-02-at-1.20.44-PM-scaled.jpeg

yu4as6zudy4vugef8nn3df50jfilo7ju.jpg
I'm guessing the CEO look as well. I don't think we will hear any bluster just "We view this season as a challenge as well as an opportunity." At least I hope that's the way it plays out.

Reactions: RBigredMax
Four B1G teams in the bottom 10 easiest schedules

I will say it forever - 9 conference games in this shit league is a gift
Basically if you are not playing OSU or Michigan, you have it made.

Imagine getting to play

NW
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Minny
MD
Rutgers
Iowa
Wisconsin

Even a lame NU team is favored in half those games and when they are a dog it is less than 9.

Still better than an extra non conference game against a MAC or a Sunbelt team.
Better as in easier?

If so, I agree

Better as in more interesting/entertaining?

Couldn’t be more wrong

Nobody in their right mind wants to see indiana/Rutgers/northwestern - all historically bottom 20 FBS programs in the country

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Better as in easier?

If so, I agree

Better as in more interesting/entertaining?

Couldn’t be more wrong

Nobody in their right mind wants to see indiana/Rutgers/northwestern - all historically bottom 20 FBS programs in the country
Better as in more entertaining. We only beat Rutgers by 1 point last year and squeaked by Indiana last year too. Lost the game against Northwestern, so I would say more exciting than blowing out some MAC team 50-0.

Better as in more entertaining. We only beat Rutgers by 1 point last year and squeaked by Indiana last year too. Lost the game against Northwestern, so I would say more exciting than blowing out some MAC team 50-0.
Since 2017 we are 2-1 vs the MAC

Much worse winning % than vs indiana/Rutgers/nw, which also saw our largest margin of victory (56-7 vs nw)

Facts > feelings

MAC also represent young up and coming coaches instead of mummies who promote naked dude stuff/set college football back decades

Last edited:
Rutgers: 1-3 vs the MAC since 2011

Lmao

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT