ADVERTISEMENT

fwiw

ajehealth

Walk On
Mar 4, 2014
"I know there's a lot of Nebraska stuff out there between Joey, Nebraska, Scott Frost, and that could be very, very real; the school I heard yesterday, and it makes sense, is Florida." @BillBankGreene on #Buckeyes QB Joe Burrow possible transfer

I would rather we roll with our roster and take two at the high school this year so the future is immediate instead of causing issues for the future at that unit. Get 3 that fit the system immediately and keep moving forward.

Do we even need him? I think Gebbia can and will start, and Martinez may take over this season if Gebbia gets hurt or can't run the offense as well...do we want a grad transfer walking in and running this offense and therefore making those guys both wait ANOTHER year? Plus recruit at least 1 more stud scholarship QB? I mean...I get having some QB's...but isn't that starting to get things a little crowded?

Reactions: MN-Husker and WHCSC
Do we even need him? I think Gebbia can and will start, and Martinez may take over this season if Gebbia gets hurt or can't run the offense as well...do we want a grad transfer walking in and running this offense and therefore making those guys both wait ANOTHER year? Plus recruit at least 1 more stud scholarship QB? I mean...I get having some QB's...but isn't that starting to get things a little crowded?

No. Just letting people know what the latest information is if he indeed does transfer so people don't get riled up or have a misbelieve of what we want to do (the staff). I have a strong feeling that they want to roll with the roster since we have no heard anything to indicate otherwise. I agree with them, BTW.

IMO

1. I don't feel there's major pressure on Scott to win a ton next year.
2. I don't feel like this team is only a QB away from being really good
3. I don't know that Burrow is any better than what we have (talent wise).

Yes Burrow is more mature, sure but if Scott's trying to build, why bring in a one and done guy to lead an 8-4 or 7-5 team. I'd honestly rather have young guy get experience and maybe lose another game or 2 then have a Burrow come in and go 8-4.

Burrow had his chance to be the QB at NU and he turned us down. He's not a husker QB. I like the husker QB's we have

IMO

Yes Burrow is more mature, sure but if Scott's trying to build, why bring in a one and done guy to lead an 8-4 or 7-5 team. I'd honestly rather have young guy get experience and maybe lose another game or 2 then have a Burrow come in and go 8-4.

Burrow had his chance to be the QB at NU and he turned us down. He's not a husker QB. I like the husker QB's we have
Agree with what you said.

However, I thought Burrow is an unusual grad transfer in that he has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

If he had 2 years left, that might be something to consider. If he was just a one and done, I agree, this team isn't going to go to the playoff next year. I keep thinking of Wisconsin bringing in Russell Wilson; sure, but that team was ready to rock and specifically just needed a rock star QB to make it all work.

We, on the other hand, are being rebuilt and need to get as many people as possible as much experience as they can handle. So, good points, and I agree; I would take Burrow if he really wanted to come here and we really felt like making room, but I don't think we should go out of our way to get him.

IMO

The irony is that Beck supposedly blew him off when he unofficially visited NU...heard a rumor he may have even walked by him without speaking or acknowledging

RRT have you heard similar?

Our site (OSU) is reporting a decision may be coming soon. Joe graduated on Sunday. No clue what he will do. If he leaves Haskins will be the starter with Tate Martell as the backup. I can't imagine Urban would go with a 2 QB rotation with Joe and Dwayne. That didn't work so well in 2015 with Cardale and J.T.

I would probably make room if he was interested.

Not to take anything away from the freshmen and redshirt freshmen, but in many ways, football is a game of juniors and seniors.

Odd of this all happening are probably pretty low though.

Last edited:
I would probably make room if he was interested.

Not to take anything away from the freshmen and redshirt freshmen, but in many ways, football is a game of juniors and seniors.

Odd of this all happening are probably pretty low though.
I agree. Unlike a lot of the opinions shared, I think now is a great time to add another qb. The qb competition is still wide open, POB just left, if we can find a guy capable of starting and having a good year for us this year, I think we should go after him.

IMO

IMO any pressure on Frost is from Frost and he always wants to win. So if Burrow would make the difference in even one more win he would take him.

Better for the team, including highly recruited QBs, to know he is going to bring in players ready and willing to compete and there aren't any sacred cows.

My issue with Burrow is that he is leaving OSU unless he is named the starter. So I would ask why would he come to Nebraska unless he was at least told he would have a leg up on being the starter? He has lived most of his life in Ohio, the only draw here is that his family is from here and some played here.

While I think Nebraska is going to win 8 games or more, they won’t be in the hunt for a national title. So again, unless he is lead to believe he will be the starter, I don’t see how Nebraska is a better option than Ohio St or Florida.

Reactions: saluno22
Yeah. Scott Frost would never have turned down an offer from Nebraska and then try to come back later.
Nice point, but that’s not why I don’t want NU to take him. Really could not care less about that. I promise I’m not bitter in the least. I don’t want him because I don’t think he helps all that much, if any... I see where my OP sounds like I’m bitter. But that wasn’t my intent.

I’m just saying if he wanted to be a Husker, he could have been a Husker. That day has passed.

Nice point, but that’s not why I don’t want NU to take him. Really could not care less about that. I promise I’m not bitter in the least. I don’t want him because I don’t think he helps all that much, if any... I see where my OP sounds like I’m bitter. But that wasn’t my intent.

I’m just saying if he wanted to be a Husker, he could have been a Husker. That day has passed.

Give me Adrian Martinez or Gebbia getting reps this year over any transfer from anywhere.

RS never makes you a better player than actual game time. Unless you are not physically ready.

"I know there's a lot of Nebraska stuff out there between Joey, Nebraska, Scott Frost, and that could be very, very real; the school I heard yesterday, and it makes sense, is Florida." @BillBankGreene on #Buckeyes QB Joe Burrow possible transfer

I would rather we roll with our roster and take two at the high school this year so the future is immediate instead of causing issues for the future at that unit. Get 3 that fit the system immediately and keep moving forward.
He's not coming to Nebraska. Put it to rest.

He's not coming to Nebraska. Put it to rest.

That is w hat I am doing for others. Hence why I posted it. I was t 2 athletic high school QB's so we are forming the roster immediatey instead of praying for a quick fix that is not a great fit athletically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT