ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - Something that Amazes Me ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Mario Verduzco's QB test is 722 questions long! That's according to his interview. Wow, that's longer than any test I've ever heard of. Must be pretty grueling to go through. And Luke M. apparently got one of the highest scores this fall that Mario has ever seen on his test.

Mario Verduzco's QB test is 722 questions long! That's according to his interview. Wow, that's longer than any test I've ever heard of. Must be pretty grueling to go through. And Luke M. apparently got one of the highest scores this fall that Mario has ever seen on his test.
Yep. That was my take as well. And I doubt that one of the questions asked was "what does on one mean"?

I read that it took four hours to take. My guess is that the 722 pages is mostly pictures, but still, a four hour test is something else. But I like it. There's a correlation between QBs knowing their stuff and performing well on the field.

Reactions: saluno22
That made me think of this classic. Imagine young Cardale, after sending that tweet, heading to the QB room for the daily meeting only to have his coach tell him to "study up" for a 4-hour, 700+ question QB test.

18183tgkpy8a6png.png

That made me think of this classic. Imagine young Cardale, after sending that tweet, heading to the QB room for the daily meeting only to have his coach tell him to "study up" for a 4-hour, 700+ question QB test.

18183tgkpy8a6png.png
Cardale might still be in the league if he would have played school more. Now he aint come to play QB no mo'.

I read that it took four hours to take. My guess is that the 722 pages is mostly pictures, but still, a four hour test is something else. But I like it. There's a correlation between QBs knowing their stuff and performing well on the field.
I remember when fans complained that Bill Callahan's WCO was too complicated and we needed to go back to the option where you had a right/left audible based on defensive alignment. I suppose people believe what suits them.

Clearly the QB usually is the star on a team getting lot's of attention by fans and media. But those guys have to put in a LOT of work to earn that spot. Nothing is handed to them.

And remember that a walk on QB who likely will never see the playing field for a single time during a real game has to take the same test (and put in a lot of work as well) just to be able to stand on the sideline for his entire career.

Takes some dedication.

If you follow guys who make it to greatness in the NFL what jumps out at you is how smart they are. I love that stuff when they really start getting into tendencies, X and O type stuff.

I never was a Romo fan but I love him in the booth, he will call it dead on what's about to happen just by personnel and alignment. I like how Colinsworth breaks down replays as well.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT