ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - Mickey Joseph now Officially Terminated

Nothing would make me want to strangle a women short of physically harming my kids. If he is found guilty he deserves everything he gets as well as fans castration. His incident embarrassed the university. Screw him
Mr. Holier than Thou here. Literally everyone thinks strangling or physically harming a woman is bad. Physically harming anyone is bad, man or woman. But I guess whoever screams it the loudest gets to demonstrate their moral superiority. I don't think anyone agrees with what Mickey has been alleged to have done.

Make sure she mentions that caveat to the cops when you choke her out as your brother in law watches

If you’d be happier with me saying both mr and Mrs Joseph are scumbag dipshits who cant figure out how to use the wind to their advantage & commit adultery & commit domestic assault then that’s what I’ll do

Glad they’re gone & hope the repo man has already taken all Husker gear from their broken home so they can no longer rep us
Apparently some of you guys didn’t see the video of the girl beating someone to death over some petty disagreement. Not every woman is blameless and defenseless in family disputes and the people are basing their emotions on a one sided police report which can be wildly biased and inaccurate. I’m reserving judgement. I certainly don’t condone Mickey laying hands on her but there’s more to the story.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He's going no where is my guess until the court matter is resolved and with him not taking a plea deal (at least yet) that could drag out. Could even be jail time.
Bad deal. The courts will definitely get their $$$

Haha ok oldy
Mr. Holier than Thou here. Literally everyone thinks strangling or physically harming a woman is bad. Physically harming anyone is bad, man or woman. But I guess whoever screams it the loudest gets to demonstrate their moral superiority. I don't think anyone agrees with what Mickey has been alleged to have done.
You wasted all that time and bought nothing to the table. Typical oldy post. Don't you have another women to smack around.

Apparently some of you guys didn’t see the video of the girl beating someone to death over some petty disagreement. Not every woman is blameless and defenseless in family disputes and the people are basing their emotions on a one sided police report which can be wildly biased and inaccurate. I’m reserving judgement. I certainly don’t condone Mickey laying hands on her but there’s more to the story.
Keep it apples to apples Dingle. If his wife did cheat you still can't physically assault her. Not that hard to understand.

Since there are a lot of hypothetical situations presented in this thread, how about the reverse? Would it be justified if a wife walked in and caught her husband cheating with another woman for the wife to pull out a gun and shoot the cheating husband?

Since there are a lot of hypothetical situations presented in this thread, how about the reverse? Would it be justified if a wife walked in and caught her husband cheating with another woman for the wife to pull out a gun and shoot the cheating husband?
How is using a deadly weapon the reverse?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
People haven't been choked to death? Hands are also a deadly weapon and guns can be used to wound or maim. Personally I'd obviously do NEITHER but to me that demonstrates how absurd it is to use violence of any means because they both can be deadly.

Didn’t say that. As I told my old aunt “It takes 2 to tango”. She was telling me what a rotten husband my dad had been to my mom. I didn’t share the times my
Mom had opened up the can of whoop ass on her kids or the times she physically went after my dad. I’ was raised by a woman who would fly in to a rage and throw hot skillets at people. Got my ass kicked more than once as a little guy. Not all women are helpless wall flowers no matter how small they are.

That said, that is why I told my wife that I couldn’t guarantee what I would do if I ever caught her screwing around.
Fair warning.

I wasn’t “justifying” Mickey laying hands on his wife. I’m just saying that we don’t have both sides of the story. I’ve seen some women go ape shit crazy to the point of killing someone. We got one side of the story in that police report. Maybe it’s 100% accurate without any bias but that would be unusual.

People haven't been choked to death? Hands are also a deadly weapon and guns can be used to wound or maim. Personally I'd obviously do NEITHER but to me that demonstrates how absurd it is to use violence of any means because they both can be deadly.
It depends on the circumstances. I don't think any of us know what the circumstances were in this case.

I wasn’t “justifying” Mickey laying hands on his wife. I’m just saying that we don’t have both sides of the story. I’ve seen some women go ape shit crazy to the point of killing someone. We got one side of the story in that police report. Maybe it’s 100% accurate without any bias but that would be unusual.
With an absurd example, I'm just saying in general IMO violence isn't justified in any case (except maybe for self-defense).

I certainly don't know the specific circumstances in Mickey's situation and I'm not judging either him or his wife. That's up to the courts to try to figure out the details.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Usually, people such as yourself, who think they are morally superior to others, have severe social flaws and numerous discretions themselves.
So I'm morally superior to others because I won't strangle a women. Good gawd. I hope non of you people are married.

Nobody - and I mean nobody - has said Mrs scumbag is helpless/blameless/whatever

You are virtue signaling into the abyss

If Mickey did what he is accused of doing, then termination was the only option for the university. That said, the police report indicated that he "pushed, choked, punched victim/pulled victim's hair." He denied striking her or grabbing her hair; it appears that he did not deny holding her down on the couch or trying to flush her cell phone down the toilet. Did he strangle her or did he hold her down by the collarbone? Did she strike first and he held her down to stop her from striking him or did he initiate contact? I do not know. I know what the reports say. I know the reports appear to be the victim's story, her brother's story and a generic denial from Mickey.

Mickey is not talking and in all candor as a criminal defendant to a felony charge should not be talking. His contract apparently called that he could be fired for cause if convicted of a misdemeanor or felony that impaired his ability to perform duties on behalf of the university. I suspect the university gave him an out and some lawyer money to settle and a termination without formal cause (so he was never officially terminated for cause when he looks for another job) in exchange for a release of claims to future monies.

Regardless of what the facts are between his story, her story and the truth, this story has an element of sadness and tragedy for some many of the people involved.

An adult is in charge in the AD. I wanted Mickey to remain on staff. Hope Mickey gets it all straightened out. Shit happens in life. We've all experienced it. This was the right call.

Reactions: Huskertransplant
Keep it apples to apples Dingle. If his wife did cheat you still can't physically assault her. Not that hard to understand.
That wasn’t my point. The point is that you and your morally outraged lynch mob don’t know if this altercation was initiated by Mickey or if she did. It’s why we have courts, rules of evidence and witness cross examination. The guy probably in a fit of passion made one horrible mistake.
With an absurd example, I'm just saying in general IMO violence isn't justified in any case (except maybe for self-defense).

I certainly don't know the specific circumstances in Mickey's situation and I'm not judging either him or his wife. That's up to the courts to try to figure out the details.
EXACTLY my point. Nobody on this board knows all the details. All they know is what was in that police report and that is one sided with no context. Were they in a heated argument and she kicked him in the groin? Was she going to the kitchen to get a knife to cut his jewels out? That’s exactly my point in reserving judgement. And those scenarios are NOT absurd. Good heavens some of you people need to talk to some cops. Yeah usually the woman gets the worst of it but not always.

• Haha
So you’d strangle your wife but not the guy banging her?
I’m older now so I would probably just call an attorney. 20 years ago the guy would have got an ass whooping at least. Fortunately I’ve never had to deal with it. There’s some question in Mickeys case as to timing and how the other party exited the premises

Again, this is why we have the courts, rules of evidence and defense attorneys.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
I’m older now so I would probably just call an attorney. 20 years ago the guy would have got an ass whooping at least. Fortunately I’ve never had to deal with it. There’s some question in Mickeys case as to timing and how the other party exited the premises

Again, this is why we have the courts, rules of evidence and defense attorneys.
I hear ya. My late wife never cheated on me. She was a good girl. I can't say I would have control over myself if I happened upon my wife and some other dude. There's another side of us that's primal. Sometimes events throw us to the other side. Lord help the dude I find with my wife. LOL

Reactions: dinglefritz
What I don't understand is the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

He was arraigned and pled not guilty to the charges and conditions of release were set (bond). His next court date is in January, which I assume will be a preliminary hearing. If the DA can make a case to the judge a crime has been committed and Joseph is the perp, the case goes to trial at some later date.

As I understand the way most government workplaces handle such things, the accused employee is put on admin leave with or without pay until the trial determines he is guilty or innocent. If innocent, the guy gets his job back. If guilty, the employer decides what to do about it.

In this case I get the firing part because Rhule no longer wants him as a coach, just like Busch, Ruud, etc. got terminated. However, as far as firing for cause and not paying him the rest of his money until 2023, don't they have to wait until after the trial???

I'm not sure innocent untill proven guilty works for the enforcement branch as well as the judical..

like when they caught the night stalker, they did'nt just let him go cause the trial did'nt happen yet

What I don't understand is the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

He was arraigned and pled not guilty to the charges and conditions of release were set (bond). His next court date is in January, which I assume will be a preliminary hearing. If the DA can make a case to the judge a crime has been committed and Joseph is the perp, the case goes to trial at some later date.

As I understand the way most government workplaces handle such things, the accused employee is put on admin leave with or without pay until the trial determines he is guilty or innocent. If innocent, the guy gets his job back. If guilty, the employer decides what to do about it.

In this case I get the firing part because Rhule no longer wants him as a coach, just like Busch, Ruud, etc. got terminated. However, as far as firing for cause and not paying him the rest of his money until 2023, don't they have to wait until after the trial???

I don't think it said he was fired. It just said he's no longer with the program.

Reactions: rchrisreade
now that we know mickey was just reacting to his adulterous wifes actions, under his roof..in front of his kinfolk!
we can see that none of this was premeditated, a crime of passion we shall say..and really I see no reason he can't be a wr coach and get recruiting asap...

it's these premeditaded types that need to be jailed,they are the ones who start the trffenings

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Turn around and walk out. Mickey did not have the discipline in his personal life that he demands from his players. He’s not much younger than me. He should understand this.
Yep. We have all had arguments with woman. Many of us have been cheated on. It would never occur to me to hit a woman and I have met some terrible ones

Reactions: BigRedTed
I'm not sure innocent untill proven guilty works for the enforcement branch as well as the judical..

like when they caught the night stalker, they did'nt just let him go cause the trial did'nt happen yet
Huh? If Richard Ramirez had been a California state employee at the time of his arrest, I assume though denied bail, he would have still kept his job under administrative leave until the trial was over.

Huh? If Richard Ramirez had been a California state employee at the time of his arrest, I assume though denied bail, he would have still kept his job under administrative leave until the trial was over.
well if you denying his bail, logically your not calling him innocent

😂🥳

38f4a630-7fdf-4ffe-8075-4d786d725d39_text.gif

• Haha
Make sure she mentions that caveat to the cops when you choke her out as your brother in law watches

If you’d be happier with me saying both mr and Mrs Joseph are scumbag dipshits who cant figure out how to use the wind to their advantage & commit adultery & commit domestic assault then that’s what I’ll do

Glad they’re gone & hope the repo man has already taken all Husker gear from their broken home so they can no longer rep us
Wait...his brother-in-law? Meaning her brother? If that's true, what the heck did she do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT