ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - Mickey Joseph now Officially Terminated

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Not that it comes as a surprise but this is the first official word I've seen of Mickey being terminated by the University:

“Coach Joseph is no longer part of the University of Nebraska football program or an employee of the University,” a spokesman for NU Athletics said Friday. Joseph's separation date was Dec. 6. The University spokesman declined to address questions about his compensation status.

As an aside, Mickey denies the alleged felony charges and will appear in Court in January.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
Not that it comes as a surprise but this is the first official word I've seen of Mickey being terminated by the University:

“Coach Joseph is no longer part of the University of Nebraska football program or an employee of the University,” a spokesman for NU Athletics said Friday. Joseph's separation date was Dec. 6. The University spokesman declined to address questions about his compensation status.

As an aside, Mickey denies the alleged felony charges and will appear in Court in January.
There hopefully will be a plea deal to a lesser charge so he can get a job to support his 6 kids. Let’s hope he can get a job.

Old news Redcap. What did you think? N retain Mickey. Sad deal.

Hell be at Auburn by next week I’d guess
He's going no where is my guess until the court matter is resolved and with him not taking a plea deal (at least yet) that could drag out. Could even be jail time.

He's going no where is my guess until the court matter is resolved. Could even be jail time.
Well this will be a good example of the monkey paw curling when fans were begging Mickey to stay in Nebraska for the next 3 years.

They may have gotten what they wished for

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedTed
I'm sure that he will receive at least part of his compensation. Best outcome for all concerned, everyone just needs to move on. Now let's see what Texas does with Chris Beard.

Nothing would make me want to strangle a women short of physically harming my kids. If he is found guilty he deserves everything he gets as well as fans castration. His incident embarrassed the university. Screw him
Your moral outrage is interesting. Hope you never walk in on your wife banging the gym coach. I told my wife many years ago that if she decided she needed to have an affair she should divorce me before she did because I couldn’t guarantee what I would do.

Your moral outrage is interesting. Hope you never walk in on your wife banging the gym coach. I told my wife many years ago that if she decided she needed to have an affair she should divorce me before she did because I couldn’t guarantee what I would do.
My moral outrage is interesting? Because I would not strangle a women. Wow you need to do some reflection.

Does anyone on here really know what the facts are?
Yes. Mickey’s wife is at least partially culpable for the altercation and there’s a good chance that police report had some inaccurate information. No doubt he roughed her up. I’ll be surprised if this isn’t pled down to disturbing the peace or some other misdemeanor charge.

1411412460_1404763240_00022.jpg

Reactions: Yossarian23
Says one white knighting it... Lol
His wife is a scumbag too

There, happy?

2 wrongs don’t make a right

Maybe this turmoil will produce a 5* athlete & the Joseph family will have its shot at redemption in the eyes of Husker Nation

Reactions: BleedRed78
My moral outrage is interesting? Because I would not strangle a women. Wow you need to do some reflection.
Your passing of judgement makes me think you’re naive to what some women are capable of. You don’t know the facts. All you have is a very one sided police report. Those can be very misleading especially if the victim leaves out important details.

Your passing of judgement makes me think you’re naive to what some women are capable of. You don’t know the facts. All you have is a very one sided police report. Those can be very misleading especially if the victim leaves out important details.
To be clear the victim in this context is Mickey?

Depends on if the gym coach is a man or a woman. If the gym coach was a woman, I would want to join in.

You posted this before and I held my tongue out of courtesy. But now that you have posted it again, here is what I think you would do. Since you seem to be intelligent, if you walked in on her and the gym teacher you would react with angry words and leave the premises before you killed him or her or both. You would hook up the next day and you or her would move out. You would probably come to this board and ask for prayers, or just to vent. You would calculate all factors and determine whether to forgive or not. If you forgave life would go on, but not as happily because you could never trust her again. If you didn't forgive and got divorced life would go on, but you would always feel in the back of your mind maybe she should have gotten another chance.

And oh...yeah...you would probably have the kids change schools so they no longer had that gym teacher.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
To be clear the victim in this context is Mickey?
Didn’t say that. As I told my old aunt “It takes 2 to tango”. She was telling me what a rotten husband my dad had been to my mom. I didn’t share the times my
Mom had opened up the can of whoop ass on her kids or the times she physically went after my dad. I’ was raised by a woman who would fly in to a rage and throw hot skillets at people. Got my ass kicked more than once as a little guy. Not all women are helpless wall flowers no matter how small they are.

That said, that is why I told my wife that I couldn’t guarantee what I would do if I ever caught her screwing around.

You posted this before and I held my tongue out of courtesy. But now that you have posted it again, here is what I think you would do. Since you seem to be intelligent, if you walked in on her and the gym teacher you would react with angry words and leave the premises before you killed him or her or both. You would hook up the next day and you or her would move out. You would probably come to this board and ask for prayers, or just to vent. You would calculate all factors and determine whether to forgive or not. If you forgave life would go on, but not as happily because you could never trust her again. If you didn't forgive and got divorced life would go on, but you would always feel in the back of your mind maybe she should have gotten another chance.

And oh...yeah...you would probably have the kids change schools so they no longer had that gym teacher.
It’s very easy to judge.

If I walked in and saw that, I would be upset because it's so close to Christmas and I have to waste my time returning gifts.

I feel sad for Mickey, and I wonder why I feel sad for a domestic abuser... Perhaps this case will be pled down and he'll make a comeback. I was quite a fan of Mickey before this news came out.

I think he blew a prime opportunity for a head coaching gig. His name was out there, and he would have been a good fit in this year's coaching carousel. Now he just needs to try to find another assistant coaching job.

Didn’t say that. As I told my old aunt “It takes 2 to tango”. She was telling me what a rotten husband my dad had been to my mom. I didn’t share the times my
Mom had opened up the can of whoop ass on her kids or the times she physically went after my dad. I’ was raised by a woman who would fly in to a rage and throw hot skillets at people. Got my ass kicked more than once as a little guy. Not all women are helpless wall flowers no matter how small they are.

That said, that is why I told my wife that I couldn’t guarantee what I would do if I ever caught her screwing around.
Make sure she mentions that caveat to the cops when you choke her out as your brother in law watches

If you’d be happier with me saying both mr and Mrs Joseph are scumbag dipshits who cant figure out how to use the wind to their advantage & commit adultery & commit domestic assault then that’s what I’ll do

Glad they’re gone & hope the repo man has already taken all Husker gear from their broken home so they can no longer rep us

Make sure she mentions that caveat to the cops when you choke her out as your brother in law watches

If you’d be happier with me saying both mr and Mrs Joseph are scumbag dipshits who cant figure out how to use the wind to their advantage & commit adultery & commit domestic assault then that’s what I’ll do

Glad they’re gone & hope the repo man has already taken all Husker gear from their broken home so they can no longer rep us
hopefully it wasen't bill b

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT