ADVERTISEMENT

Frosty will never take the job guys...

SoFL Husker

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
He's building a real pipeline in Central Florida to another great job.

I love that kid. "Supposed" great talent who goes to Stanford. Gets exposed as an inferior pocket passer. Comes back to Nebraska and wins a National Title.

He's not stupid people

He probably hasn't forgotten the chants for Frankie London. Good job people.

If we can hire Les Miles, I say go for it let him get us back to where we are in a decent place and make the job more enticing to coaches. Otherwise we are looking at an up and comer or hot shot coordinator.

Let's see how he does this season at UCF. If he goes .500 he's not going to have big-time schools knocking on his door. If he wins 9-10 games he might get better offers than Nebraska. It's too early to tell.

He won't take the call RRT. Makes no sense for him. He's a top 5 talent with $EC written all over him.

You don't build a recruiting pipeline to sacrifice it when you take the job at Nebraska. Lol

Lol. We lost him when we hired Smilin Mike. Frost isn't stupid. Just like getting a Stanford degree, with dreams of pocket passing. You guys don't know him as a player, or a Husker. Call me a troll all you want. I called this. Back to tell you why...

Lol. We lost him when we hired Smilin Mike. Frost isn't stupid. Just like getting a Stanford degree, with dreams of pocket passing. You guys don't know him as a player, or a Husker. Call me a troll all you want. I called this. Back to tell you why...
I am dying of anticipation. Current AD and HC have to be fired first. Until they are, you are right, Frost nor anybody else is coming here. But please continue, I'm so glad we got a real "insider" on the board.

Of course yes. Just my two cents but a new AD will go for a homerun hire. Frost is not a homerun. If he hadn't played here nobody would want him.
This is nuts, or perhaps a troll.

Scott Frost would be here in a flash. Somewhere I read he has an "out clause" for NU.

I think we know him well enough to know that his ultimate goal isn't to be head coach at Central Florida. Just stop already.

Moron Husker Fans. The late 80s, 90s fans kinda bandwagon, then Tom retired...
This is nuts, or perhaps a troll.

Scott Frost would be here in a flash. Somewhere I read he has an "out clause" for NU.

Lol. Out clause. Eichorst didn't even consider him. Huge mistake. Hence my return. People were banned here after even considering the idea???!!!??? Lol Now, Scott wouldn't take this job with a 10 year deal. Toxic.

Randy, at this point we can only hope that the new AD goes for a homerun hire. I will say this, if the new AD does not go for the homerun hire, but instead the young hire that shows promise, the pitchforks will be out in full force by much of the fan base if that young up and comer does not have the initials SF. lol

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You must be kidding. In what world is Frost one of the top football coaches?
Like I stated, if he wasn't a former Husker nobody here would give him a look.
Except for the fact that UCF gave him a look as an assistant. Except for the fact that he was a candidate for the Ole Miss job. It's not as though Husker fans are the only ones who see his value. Add to the fact that he is a home grown guy, why are you opposed to him? Who better is on your list?

He took over a winless team and had them in a bowl game the next season.

If you think he's only on Nebraska's radar, you're wrong.

Like I stated, if he wasn't a former Husker nobody here would give him a look.

OU just handed the keys to a blue-blood program to a 34-year-old with no head-coaching experience, and he already out-coached Urban Meyer.

Nobody would have hired Dabo Swinney in 2008 either, but I bet Clemson is sure glad now they gave him a shot at the head coaching job.

Mike Gundy at Okie St, Paul Chryst at Wisconsin, etc. also only got a look because they were former players.

Is Frost the next great coach? Too early to tell, but I'd rather take a risk on Frost than watch him go to another major program and win and be left wondering "what if".

Reactions: oldj and HuskerDana
IMO we will have to find an up and comer like OU did with Stoops to right the ship. Frost could be that guy.

If you were a big name coach would you want to waid into this mess and take on the stress and expectations? Especially if you already had a good gig?

We need someone young, driven, hungry, and smart to get this turned around. Frost seems to fit the bill on all those characteristics.

He's building a real pipeline in Central Florida to another great job.

I love that kid. "Supposed" great talent who goes to Stanford. Gets exposed as an inferior pocket passer. Comes back to Nebraska and wins a National Title.

He's not stupid people
Don't want him overhyped .

Reactions: Chuck003
Let's see how he does this season at UCF. If he goes .500 he's not going to have big-time schools knocking on his door. If he wins 9-10 games he might get better offers than Nebraska. It's too early to tell.

Better jobs than Nebraska? God I hate that statement. It is only because of the bad coaching the past 17-18 years. Nebraska has plenty of resources, tons of capital, rabid fan base, a one time winning tradition, fantastic facilities, etc. etc. The one thing Nebraska lacks is a large population. Dynamic coaching can turn it around.

I have one question. when did Nebraska fans get such an inferiority complex???

Last edited:
Better jobs than Nebraska? God I hate that statement. It is only because of the bad coaching the 17-18 years. Nebraska has plenty of resources, tons of capital, rabid fan base, a one time winning tradition, fantastic facilities, etc. etc. The one thing Nebraska lacks is a large population. Dynamic coaching can turn it around.

I have one question. when did Nebraska fans get such a inferiority complex???

Being able to accept reality and understanding it is what it is, doesn't mean people have an inferiority complex.

All those strengths you listed are declining every year. 17-18 years, well that is the lifetime of a recruit. Resources and capital? How many more decades before that declines dramatically.

Rabid fan base? Is that why the stadium seating is being reduced? Is that what the ticket office has had to pull strings to keep the bogus sell out streak intact?

Fantastic facilities? So do a lot of other schools.

Nebraska was a great job when the condition of the program was solid. It ain't solid now.

Reactions: RedMyMind
He won't take the call RRT. Makes no sense for him. He's a top 5 talent with $EC written all over him.

There are rumblings that Ole Miss already knows that Matt Luke isn't the long term solution. One of the top candidates mentioned is Scott Frost.[/QUOTE]

Scott Frost is not the solution. He might be in 3 to 4 years. For now, no way. I am not fully convinced that he ever was a " Nebraska guy" from what I have heard. Yes I get it- the national championship or whatever, but I have heard from a good source that he was never a die-hard NU guy. We do not need an NU guy to be good. I do not care about "uniting the fanbase". I care about wins and losses. Not being "competitive" or whatever everyone wants to think is for losers. It is wins and losses. Any good coach will tell you the same thing. When you have a program with the history like Nebraska does, "being competitive" in a big game is a joke. WINS and LOSSES. Bottom line.

Last edited:
Moron Husker Fans. The late 80s, 90s fans kinda bandwagon, then Tom retired...

Lol. Out clause. Eichorst didn't even consider him. Huge mistake. Hence my return. People were banned here after even considering the idea???!!!??? Lol Now, Scott wouldn't take this job with a 10 year deal. Toxic.
That's pretty good!

I've also heard Scott doesn't want to come back. I think Mark Richt retires and Scott slides into the Miami job. For Nebraska, get Chip Kelley on the phone and pay him whatever it takes. Have him install a spread system, and a winning culture.

I've also heard Scott doesn't want to come back. I think Mark Richt retires and Scott slides into the Miami job. For Nebraska, get Chip Kelley on the phone and pay him whatever it takes. Have him install a spread system, and a winning culture.

Chip is the only HR hire. Beyond that its many more years of tough sledding.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Chip is the only HR hire. Beyond that its many more years of tough sledding.

I've always like Chip's ability to coach up the 2 and 3 stars. (I know that there were many higher ranked recruits on those Oregon squads). I think he would quickly get it going here.

Spread offenses will not consistently work in the B10 IMHO. The most successful B10 programs utilize a more balanced version or a pro style offense.

Throwing 50 passes per game may sound exciting until about the middle of October when freezing temps and 25mph winds start make their annual appearance on the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest states. And, as Chip Kelly found out, when the spread isn't clicking, results go south real fast.

Reactions: greenpeach
Spread offenses will not consistently work in the B10 IMHO. The most successful B10 programs utilize a more balanced version or a pro style offense.

Throwing 50 passes per game may sound exciting until about the middle of October when freezing temps and 25mph winds start make their annual appearance on the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest states. And, as Chip Kelly found out, when the spread isn't clicking, results go south real fast.

I believe that the spread would work at NU. I like the pro-style, just not at NU. Im certainly not saying an air raid, but a more run oriented version would work here.

Chip would win here. And it wouldn't take 17 years. It's time to pay a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT