ADVERTISEMENT

Frost's Offense

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Frost ran his offense at Oregon and it worked well for a long time against P-12 teams who are more fineness oriented. At some point the thrill was lost and C. Kelly hasn't been able to duplicate it at UCLA.

Frost took that offense to UCF and dominated most of the teams they played as they has more talent and more speed. The offense had it's moments last year at Nebraska as the new/unknown thing.

Sure, in 2019, we would be 5-1 now with 1 or 0 turnovers per game, but I think most would agree that aside from turnovers, this offense hasn't been anywhere as potent as for most of last year. Reasons can range from OL play, to Martinez becoming a tentative runner, to poor WR play (getting open and blocking).

But another factor might me more ominous. It's possible that this offense just isn't as good against this level of competition, the overall strength of the opposing players and the level of coaching we're playing against. In short, it may be possible that after one year, most of our opponents may have to a degree figured out this offense, almost completely taking away the sideline to sideline running and passing game.

Every week we play, I become more of the opinion that if we don't develop a power running and play action passing element to our game, we're never going to break through in this conference. Even tOSU with their spread offense plays with power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News