ADVERTISEMENT

Frost will rise by upsetting teams, who will be the first upset against?

Frost's first big upset will be against who?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajehealth

Walk On
Mar 4, 2014
Ohio State? Wisconsin? Penn State? Michigan? Michigan State?

Personally, I am going with an upset against Wisconsin.

I bet we put a scare into Michigan but we may not be there yet with that game happening early in the season. If not Wisconsin, then I would pick a win against Michigan State in mid November.

We should be able to start the season 3-0 with home games against Akron (not an easy game), Colorado, and Troy. Then we hit the road against Michigan, a home game against Purdue, and then a road game against Wisconsin.

I could see us being 4-1 going into the Wisconsin game. At worst 3-2. If we were to upset Wisconsin then we would be 5-1 and that would be a big statement for turning the program around.

I chose Michigan. Early season game with both teams breaking in new QB's. The "Big House" is actually not very intimidating or loud. Michigan has underachieved under Harbaugh and he is feeling some heat. They should have an outstanding defense. But I like our chances here in what should be a low scoring game if our defense has a pulse this year.

I guarantee that next year we completely shut down Penn State - they won’t score a single point or gain a single yard against us.

Take it to the bank

Reactions: bmb81664
I guarantee that next year we completely shut down Penn State - they won’t score a single point or gain a single yard against us.

Take it to the bank
True for the regular season, lol. But not if we play them in the conference championship game.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever

I could be wrong, and things have changed on MSU's defensive staff (IIRC), but I think MSU has a history of shutting down the Oregon-type offenses.

It is a home game though, whereas the others are away games, so if there is an upset in 2018, that might be a good choice.

So hard not to drink the Kool-aid and think that we might upset a couple of teams this year.

Others may disagree, but I think we have some good talent for 2018.

If the offensive line and QB play can perform well, how can teams stop this offense? Year 2 will be so much fun! Can't wait until the team fully understands the system and executes it.

I could be wrong, and things have changed on MSU's defensive staff (IIRC), but I think MSU has a history of shutting down the Oregon-type offenses.

It is a home game though, whereas the others are away games, so if there is an upset in 2018, that might be a good choice.

So hard not to drink the Kool-aid and think that we might upset a couple of teams this year.

Others may disagree, but I think we have some good talent for 2018.

If the offensive line and QB play can perform well, how can teams stop this offense? Year 2 will be so much fun! Can't wait until the team fully understands the system and executes it.

They went 1-1 against Oregon when they had their series. Their win was by 3 points and lost the other game by 3 touchdowns.

Michigan St will go down in Lincoln this year. Michigan game will be close but I think the Wolverines will squeak it out this year.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
My vote was Sparty as well. It's our second consecutive home game in November the week after playing Illinois. Great placement in the schedule. I also think we'll be a vastly improved team by that time compared to the UM and Wiscy games.

I bet we put a scare into Michigan but we may not be there yet with that game happening early in the season. If not Wisconsin, then I would pick a win against Michigan State in mid November.

We should be able to start the season 3-0 with home games against Akron (not an easy game), Colorado, and Troy. Then we hit the road against Michigan, a home game against Purdue, and then a road game against Wisconsin.

I could see us being 4-1 going into the Wisconsin game. At worst 3-2. If we were to upset Wisconsin then we would be 5-1 and that would be a big statement for turning the program around.

Wisconsin - Yes
Penn State - Yes
Michigan - Barely, but no...
OSU - NO
Michigan State - Suuuuuuuure...

We start 3-0, lose to Michigan, enter Wisconsin at 4-1. We finally get the win, although it won't be easy (It never is with Wisconsin...). We beat Northwestern, smash Minnesota, but fall short in Columbus. We proceed to destroy Illinois, have a good game against Sparty (Maybe win...) , and of course have a slugfest against Iowa (in the end we ultimately lose).

We finish 9-3, but we fall short of the Big Ten Championship. But we get into a good bowl game.

History repeats ala Devaney's first season and we beat Michigan to spark our resurgence.

Reactions: scarletred
I chose Michigan. Early season game with both teams breaking in new QB's. The "Big House" is actually not very intimidating or loud. Michigan has underachieved under Harbaugh and he is feeling some heat. They should have an outstanding defense. But I like our chances here in what should be a low scoring game if our defense has a pulse this year.
lol. Brown's defense is made to stop Frost's offense. This board is silly in dismissing Michigan.

Uggg, I can't wait until the fans stop thinking that NU is the little engine that could.

It's gonna be awhile. We're a wounded fan base with four unsightly head coach breakups in the last 20 years. The PTSD is still pretty severe in certain circles. Thankfully the cure is winning and for the first time in a long time, I'm actually confident we'll enjoy that again at a respectable frequency.

Reactions: kaz36
It's gonna be awhile. We're a wounded fan base with four unsightly head coach breakups in the last 20 years. The PTSD is still pretty severe in certain circles. Thankfully the cure is winning and for the first time in a long time, I'm actually confident we'll enjoy that again at a respectable frequency.
I get what you are saying but those wounded dorks need to realize that...

1. They never thought BC was the answer
2. They liked Bo but realized it sucked
3. They fell in love with Riley but realized he had a rotten crotch

Akron looked terrible in their bowl. Unless they get better over the summer this should be an easy win

Michigan has constantly broken in new QBs heading into the fourth season under Jim Harbaugh. Not sure any of these teams are outstanding candidates in 2018, but Michigan State would be my first choice. As already mentioned, PSU isn't on the schedule.

A road win at Michigan, Wisconsin or Ohio State would be impressive. A win over Michigan State would be good, since all these teams are likely going to be very good in 2018.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Troy?

Seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT