ADVERTISEMENT

Frost was never the problem

It has been Chins from the word go. Frost was much too loyal to that dead weight.
Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

Reactions: HuskerDana
Disagree.

I would say although he did not create all the problems here, he was not a solution either. Therefore he was a contributor to the problems that remain here.

It has been Chins from the word go. Frost was much too loyal to that dead weight.
Frost WAS the problem because he was responsible for hiring the staff. Frost was not however the only problem we've had over the years. Before him several other head coaches also failed.

Reactions: bshirt73 and dpnavy
Frost made the decision to bring his entire staff with him. Please explain how that is anyone elses fault? Except NU admin for not making it understood that his staff was not acceptable! Chin DID not hire himself. WOW.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Therefore, that makes Frost the problem.
At some point you can’t blame the 4 or 5 different coaches and systems. Accept its location, location, location. No top studs are going to come here with parity. Parity hurt Neb more than any school. We’re not on TV like the true winning blue bloods. No blue blood has gone 2 decades without a conf championship. It’s the mid 3* recruits and the 500 mile radius isn’t changing.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
At some point you can’t blame the 4 or 5 different coaches and systems. Accept its location, location, location. No top studs are going to come here with parity. Parity hurt Neb more than any school. We’re not on TV like the true winning blue bloods. No blue blood has gone 2 decades without a conf championship. It’s the mid 3* recruits and the 500 mile radius isn’t changing.
Insert he’s right you know gif

No matter how many times you bleat this, it doesn't make it so. A winner can recruit to NU. You just sound self-loathing. Whoa is me! I can't win in Lincoln! Wahhhh!!

Getting good talent wasn't a problem for Callahan.

Actually last year the defense was solid and the offense and special teams were bad. Great take though
How many times last year did the D play pretty well right up to a point late in the game when a stop would have sealed a Husker victory and the D allowed the opponent to run up the field faster than you can yell ”Go Big Red!” ?

How many times last year did the D play pretty well right up to a point late in the game when a stop would have sealed a Husker victory and the D allowed the opponent to run up the field faster than you can yell ”Go Big Red!” ?
It's been that way since day one.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Hey people want to dog Nebraska and say we live in the past and never will be relevant in college football again. Maybe so, but I think it has more to do with very poor coaching and nothing to do with location. Hey the the nineties were special for the Huskers. I think they only lost two home games, Washington and Texas. I was at both games. That just might be darn near impossible to ever repeat that glorious decade.

Lets look at the seventies and eighties. I know it was the old Big 8 and things have changed a lot since then. TO led teams would pretty much beat up on every conference team except OU. Every once in awhile a Missouri would beat us, but not too often. Think most of the BIG with the exception of the top 4 teams. I see no reason why Nebraska should ever have a disadvantage with the 12 lower rated BIG schools. I am not saying the Huskers should win every game against them, but a good coach should be able to get us to to the level where we win most of them.

That brings us to the conference’s top four schools. Much like OU owned us for many years the Huskers were able to beat them every once in awhile. We use to play 3 Non conference games. Two easy games and one game against a pretty good a national power. Sometimes we would win and sometimes we would lose that big non conference game. So that is my formula for the Huskers getting back and I am not talking nineties back. Get back to winning the now three easy non conference games every year. That is three!!! Easy wins. Be competitive in the one really good non conference game. Shoot for .75 percent of them, but at least go 50-50. Then against the West win most of them and on years the Huskers are really good win all of them and maybe split with the two Top 4 conference teams they play.

This is a road map to a 7-5 or 8-4 regular season on average years or rebuilding years and 10-2, 11-1 or better in great years. This puts the Huskers in a bowl game every year (That should be a given. 6 games!!! This year should have been a cakewalk for Frost. The schedule is pretty favorable. I thought he should have coached them to a 8-4 record at least and at best 10-2 or 11-1). I think it could sustain itself. Things have changed since Bo averaging nine wins. With BIG money, the transfer portal and Nebraska’s ability to provide above average NIL money I think Nebraska can be relevant again. It is just going to take the right coach to do this. Is he out there?

Last edited:
Reactions: zrob and dpnavy
Answer a couple of questions?
- Do you believe the college recruiting ranking systems (rivals, 24 7, etc) are generally accurate?
- Do you believe the teams that typically bring in higher rated athletes typically have better teams?

A bunch of morons in this thread. Frost is one of the most selfish POS people on the planet. Anyone defending him needs to have their heads checked.

Reactions: kidofSN
A bunch of morons in this thread. Frost is one of the most selfish POS people on the planet. Anyone defending him needs to have their heads checked.
For someone without access to Frost outside of what we hear from reporters or see on gamedays, can you give me some examples of Scott being a selfish POS? Not doubting you just looking for something of substance more than a blanket statement.

Hey people want to dog Nebraska and say we live in the past and never will be relevant in college football again. Maybe so, but I think it has more to do with very poor coaching and nothing to do with location. Hey the the nineties were special for the Huskers. I think they only lost two home games, Washington and Texas. I was at both games. That just might be darn near impossible to ever repeat that glorious decade.

Lets look at the seventies and eighties. I know it was the old Big 8 and things have changed a lot since then. TO led teams would pretty much beat up on every conference team except OU. Every once in awhile a Missouri would beat us, but not too often. Think most of the BIG with the exception of the top 4 teams. I see no reason why Nebraska should ever have a disadvantage with the 12 lower rated BIG schools. I am not saying the Huskers should win every game against them, but a good coach should be able to get us to to the level where we win most of them.

That brings us to the conference’s top four schools. Much like OU owned us for many years the Huskers were able to beat them every once in awhile. We use to play 3 Non conference games. Two easy games and one game against a pretty good a national power. Sometimes we would win and sometimes we would lose that big non conference game. So that is my formula for the Huskers getting back and I am not talking nineties back. Get back to winning the now three easy non conference games every year. That is three!!! Easy wins. Be competitive in the one really good non conference game. Shoot for .75 percent of them, but at least go 50-50. Then against the West win most of them and on years the Huskers are really good win all of them and maybe split with the two Top 4 conference teams they play.

This is a road map to a 7-5 or 8-4 regular season on average years or rebuilding years and 10-2, 11-1 or better in great years. This puts the Huskers in a bowl game every year (That should be a given. 6 games!!! This year should have been a cakewalk for Frost. The schedule is pretty favorable. I thought he should have coached them to a 8-4 record at least and at best 10-2 or 11-1). I think it could sustain itself. Things have changed since Bo averaging nine wins. With BIG money, the transfer portal and Nebraska’s ability to provide above average NIL money I think Nebraska can be relevant again. It is just going to take the right coach to do this. Is he out there?
I like this and the paragraphs! We can win with a system & the right coach! If CoachcFrost would have recruited a elite running back, he would have won more games! A new coach with charisma, a plan, and good assistant coaches can win & recruit!! Maybe not Ohio St, and Michigan type, but good players!

Reactions: Wasker77
Yeah, Clownahan was a huge losing machine. But I suppose if he gets good talent that's all that matters.
What about beating Michigan in the Alamo Bowl? What about playing for the Big 12 championship in 2006? Considering Frost never beat Michigan or played for a conference championship, that makes Callahan more of a winner than Frost ever was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT