ADVERTISEMENT

Frost to Rocky Top?

I would be surprised if Frost is anything more than an after thought for any big time program not named Nebraska. Take away his Nebraska connection and no one here would even consider him for this job any time soon

Reactions: WHCSC
Gundy wants out at OSU, I could see UT paying him big money to make the move.

Last edited:
A guy who coached in the PAC-12 for 6 years taking a PAC-12 job? Shocking.

Not as HC with "real" HS recruiting relationships.

Hell guys, Frost can go anywhere!!!

Live with it. Because I wanted him before we hired Smiling Mike, and was summarily banned for it.

Now, I kinda want Mike to hang around, because I don't see Frost in Nebraska, and MR can recruit.

Crazy. GBR

Not as HC with "real" HS recruiting relationships.

Hell guys, Frost can go anywhere!!!

Live with it. Because I wanted him before we hired Smiling Mike, and was summarily banned for it.

Now, I kinda want Mike to hang around, because I don't see Frost in Nebraska, and MR can recruit.

Crazy. GBR

We know Chip Kelly didn't recruit, I'm sure SF did a lot of the heavy lifting.

Tennessee's a dumpster fire (worse the NU, IMO). Can't imagine any coach wanting that job right now.

TN ideal because they recruit talent. Every year. Not saying Scott should take the job but it is like UCF X 2 on the recruiting trail. GBR

TN ideal because they recruit talent. Every year. Not saying Scott should take the job but it is like UCF X 2 on the recruiting trail. GBR

Tennessee is the third best job in the SEC East. Frosty's too smart to take a job where the fans have unrealistic expectations.

I would be surprised if Frost is anything more than an after thought for any big time program not named Nebraska. Take away his Nebraska connection and no one here would even consider him for this job any time soon
You're wrong.
Memphis' head coach is considered a top mid major coach with a shot at a power five job next year.
And his team just got trounced, after beating ucla, by a team that also just beat Maryland and was 0-12 just two years ago.
Their coach played under Bill Walsh and Tom Osborne, in the NFL under bill belichek, was d coordinator for a playoff fcs power, coached for bill Snyder, and coached at Oregon as O coordinator before guiding UCF and showing considerable improvement. To say no other school is looking at him or to say he doesn't deserve a look by any potential open school like tenn or ucla or neb is ludicrous.
YOU are the one obsessed with the fact that he is from Nebraska, it the ones who think he is a power five big time candidate. You are very dense about the entire situation.

Tennessee is the third best job in the SEC East. Frosty's too smart to take a job where the fans have unrealistic expectations.

I dunno. They recruit. Maybe Frost doesn't believe in their $EC culture.

That could be true.

Tennessee's a dumpster fire (worse the NU, IMO). Can't imagine any coach wanting that job right now.
NU is not a dumpster fire. We have good talent, an easy division, great fans and facilities etc. We are a sleeping giant!

Reactions: tpmcg
NU is not a dumpster fire. We have good talent, an easy division, great fans and facilities etc. We are a sleeping giant!

We're also have no AD, a group of boosters/"fans" who want revenge on anybody associated with the firing of Pelini and think the only acceptable way to win is running the option. Maybe dumpster fire is too strong, kitchen grease fire might be more accurate.

Tennessee has tons of talent according to rivals rankings. I would think a coach would see that as a easy turn around. What am I missing, I don't follow Tennessee.
Maybe something to learn about *rankings- just a thought

Reactions: BCostanzo1
We're also have no AD, a group of boosters/"fans" who want revenge on anybody associated with the firing of Pelini and think the only acceptable way to win is running the option. Maybe dumpster fire is too strong, kitchen grease fire might be more accurate.
I love how you try and make people not happy with the current play of the team into boosters and fans who want revenge because of Bo's firing. I still haven't found one person who wants Bo back. Maybe there are boosters and fans not happy with our current state...period. Maybe it has nothing to do with Bo and everything to do with Mike.

Reactions: Wasker77
I love how you try and make people not happy with the current play of the team into boosters and fans who want revenge because of Bo's firing. I still haven't found one person who wants Bo back. Maybe there are boosters and fans not happy with our current state...period. Maybe it has nothing to do with Bo and everything to do with Mike.

Considering Mike has only had two recruiting classes and is 5 games into the season where he finally has the type of QB he wants, and is leading the division, I find your ostrich act amusing.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I don't think firing Bo is the problem the Tradition Coalition has. It is hiring Riley specifically and general focus on making the Athletic Department print money for the University the prior ADs have had (beside TO). They are fed up. They want to win. They want a coach and Athletic department that emulates what was in place in the 80s and 90s. We can't go back there so they won't get exactly that - but I would settle for a program committed to winning football - and yes is likely will be a zone read team because it works (see Clemson and most of the productive offenses). If Riley is part of the picture - fine. They don't want him.....so unless he pulls a rabbit out of his ball cap in Big 10 play he is gonzo.

Reactions: Wasker77
They'll go after Bobby Petrino. Enough years have passed since the Arkansas scandal, he's turned Louisville into a power program, and the Vols want to win.
Oh my gosh. John Currie isn't hiring anyone not squeaky clean, period, end of story.

He'll hire a successful head coach. Maybe Gundy, maybe Patterson, maybe even take a chance on Scott Frost. But he'll never stoop to hire a cheat, douche or even an assistant like Venables.

Tennessee is a top 10 athletics program with tons of tradition, facilities and money. John will go after a top tier replacement for Jones, if he fires him at all. Currie is patient.

But he certainly won't put up with or hire ding-bates, like Frank Martin who he effectively canned. And he's certainly not bringing in a Bobby on a motorcycle.

Frost will get a Power 5 offer, but it won't be a big name. He still needs more experience before a high profile team (who all have boosters who want "their guy" hired, like us) will give him a serious look.
Seriously? He would get offers from LSU, Ole Miss, or Arkansas. If this program doesn't hire Frost we will all sit back and while we watch Frost win championships at a big name program.

Reactions: huskerfan1000
I'd go to Tennessee over Nebraska if I were Scott. These Tradition Coalition guys are nuts. And better recruiting down south.

Thanks for your outstanding contributions to nothingness. Tradition Coalition has nothing to do with this. It is solely about a coach with talent, that happens to have ties to Nebraska. And maybe this time we won't have to get down to our 4th or 5th choice before a coach says "where do I sign?"

They'll go after Bobby Petrino. Enough years have passed since the Arkansas scandal, he's turned Louisville into a power program, and the Vols want to win.

That would be perfect if Petrino would go to Tennessee. They both always seem to be one step away from a scandal.

Bobby Petrino, the pride of the state of Montana and NAIA power Carroll College

Seriously? He would get offers from LSU, Ole Miss, or Arkansas. If this program doesn't hire Frost we will all sit back and while we watch Frost win championships at a big name program.

It really is starting to look great for our former Husker Scott Frost. Multiple job offers could be opening up for him, if he keeps UCF on the right path. Really happy for him. GBR

That would be perfect if Petrino would go to Tennessee. They both always seem to be one step away from a scandal.

Bobby Petrino, the pride of the state of Montana and NAIA power Carroll College

Hiring Petrino or Kelly or Callahan isn't the answer folks.

Top flight coordinators at Power 5 or HC's at smaller schools who instill an attitude and prove a successful culture for their style of program. GBR

I'm thinking he skips the P5 stuff all together and takes over for Belichick next season. And they will win the super bowl by 100.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Considering Mike has only had two recruiting classes and is 5 games into the season where he finally has the type of QB he wants, and is leading the division, I find your ostrich act amusing.

Isn't the quarterback he wants leading the FCS in interceptions? Leading the division? Iowa (0-2) and the Huskers are the only two teams in the division to play two conference games. The Huskers two wins are against Rutgers (1-4) who have only beat Morgan State and Illinois (2-2) who have wins over Ball State and Western Kentucky. We are going to get into the meat and potatoes of the schedule beginning this Saturday.

I don't know how you guys are seeing this with Frost. I like what he's doing down at UCF but there isn't enough for me to go off of to assume he'll be a great coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT