ADVERTISEMENT

Frost to Florida

I cannot imagine Frost to Florida with Nebraska opening up, the administration there has expectations even beyond the craziest of Husker fans here.

McElwain had like 2 Division crowns and still got canned?

You think our AD is F'd up?!?! Check theirs, lol.

we shall see, going to be bad times on this board in about a monthSmokin

You guys should go after Miles

by the way sending Omaha reporters to stalk him in Orlando is not a very smart move*

The good news (for UCF fans) is our AD has a list of top coaches he's after, and it sounds like Frost is not at the top of the list.

The bad news for UCF is he's a hot name in coaching, and whether it's us or another school, he will have options when the season is over. Power 5 schools can afford to pay him 3 times what he's making now..your donations won't be able to match that. This is a guy who played at the highest level in college and won a National Championship , is competitive and wants to do the same as a coach. Despite being 8-0, UCF is only 15th in the rankings...he can't win a National Championship there no matter how much you increase his pay. Also read the interview where he said that Nebraska is his dream job.

Enjoy Coach Frost while you can, because he won't be there for the long haul.

we shall see, going to be bad times on this board in about a monthSmokin

You guys should go after Miles

by the way sending Omaha reporters to stalk him in Orlando is not a very smart move*
If by some miracle Frost wants to stay small time for his career then good for him. I would be amazed but will certainly eat crow - but I expect you to be man enough to do the same

Little help here.. if you are going to talk smack from a non P5 school to a CFB blueblood at least make it good smack or you look like an idiot

New UCF logo? Probably a little too much money in the plate though..

I'll find a better logo for ya..

umns12_099_1-606x388.jpg

Is there a way to lock a thread so people can not edit or delete posts down the line? This one has so much potential because of all the experts on so many different sides. Good God it is downright creepy.

So we needed another thread for this instead of just posting in the half dozen or so on the first page?
So you needed to click on this thread and comment on it. By the way, I don’t ever recall any of your 100 previous posts so until you start contributing something of worth, maybe you should just observe. Of course I assume you have been banned before and are just warming up for another banning.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Start another thread about this shit. I’m a life-long husker fan, and because of this nonstop garbage, I am starting to hate husker fans.

Lets see Frost stays at UCF
  • Takes a pay cut
  • assistants take a big pay cut
  • No chance at any meaningful title
  • Half empty stands
  • third class facilities - yes I know you will say they are great and they may be for AAC not for Big10

I have heard two things...the first I don't believe.

1. Frost wants to stay one more year because UCF has like 18 frosh and soph starters and he thinks they could make a serious run at title next year.

2. (I do believe) Florida #1 target was Frost...Frost wanted to wait until season was over and UF got impression that Frost was more interested in Nebraska job, so they moved on to Frost.

So you needed to click on this thread and comment on it. By the way, I don’t ever recall any of your 100 previous posts so until you start contributing something of worth, maybe you should just observe. Of course I assume you have been banned before and are just warming up for another banning.

Sorry princess, I didn't realize you were so easily impressed with post counts.

...did he even say, 'fxck the fans'?

Took me a bit to understand what you were saying...didn't drink my coffee this morning. No I'm pretty sure not. There aren't that many coaches out there lacking that kind of tact and comprehension of the politics involved with an adult leadership position.

+1 and he either flat out declined UF or stalled on them where they won't wait to avoid pie in their face if he says no

It's possible UCF AD Danny White & him agreed to not say anything to create urgency with the Donors & the Excellence fund and it worked. Record number of money is pouring in.
What benefit does he have to stay at UCF? He has zero chance for a NC, basically he will just stall out at middle of the pack at UCF, can only go so high. He will make a ton more money at a power 5 school. Yes there would be less stress and better weather at UCF.

You think our AD is F'd up?!?! Check theirs, lol.

You mean Moos or Eichy? I'm not sure either are messed up but I do know Eichorst did do some good things for the players but man he was so unsuccessful in everything else!

Moos seems legit so far, they say he was a rancher and wheeler dealer for other U's, I hope he's spectacularly effective at Nebraska, NU needs it!

The good news (for UCF fans) is our AD has a list of top coaches he's after, and it sounds like Frost is not at the top of the list.

The bad news for UCF is he's a hot name in coaching, and whether it's us or another school, he will have options when the season is over. Power 5 schools can afford to pay him 3 times what he's making now..your donations won't be able to match that. This is a guy who played at the highest level in college and won a National Championship , is competitive and wants to do the same as a coach. Despite being 8-0, UCF is only 15th in the rankings...he can't win a National Championship there no matter how much you increase his pay. Also read the interview where he said that Nebraska is his dream job.

Enjoy Coach Frost while you can, because he won't be there for the long haul.

your comment, "and it sounds like Frost is not at the top of the list." Can I inquire? Is that what people are saying, or what the true insiders think or know?

Frost has been in my top 5 but not my top guy. Not that my vote counts for anything. Im am very interested in your thoughts as I know you are....lets say a No BS kind of gal.

your comment, "and it sounds like Frost is not at the top of the list." Can I inquire? Is that what people are saying, or what the true insiders think or know?

Frost has been in my top 5 but not my top guy. Not that my vote counts for anything. Im am very interested in your thoughts as I know you are....lets say a No BS kind of gal.
What dos your list look like bomber?

What dos your list look like bomber?

my list sucks as most on it won't come here now but I am consistent :)

Not in any specific order...

I like Gundy. I think he is undervalued as a coach. I think he would do great here.

Other coaches I like are Richt, Malzahan, Frost, and Brohm.

Reactions: headcard

I've been told that Bob Stoops is numero uno on Moos's list. I take with a grain of salt, because although it was a decent source it is all he said she said at the moment. The source is from inside the Athletic Department, but I got it second hand. So take it for what it is, and no one knows what is going to happen. If we do somehow gets Stoops I will be ecstatic! His style fits our current personal the best of all coaches, not to mention he recruited Pledger to OU... And Bookie is leaning OU at the moment.

Do I think he comes out of Retirement to coach NU, no. I do however believe that he is the coach at the top of the list.

What benefit does he have to stay at UCF? He has zero chance for a NC, basically he will just stall out at middle of the pack at UCF, can only go so high. He will make a ton more money at a power 5 school. Yes there would be less stress and better weather at UCF.
I didn't say he is staying at UCF forever. I believe he will be back for the 2018 season at least then head to most likely a Pac12 Program unless UCF gets a P5 invite before then

I’m still not convinced Frost is #1 on Moos’ list. I know that’s the guy 95 percent of Husker fans want but it could well be someone else Moos has targeted.

This post is the most disturbing post I've read in weeks. I respect your opinion but if this is true Moos has zero idea what his job is. His job is not to hire a coach that wins. His job is to keep the athletic department profitable. I know it sounds crazy or even one in the same but it's not. If he is trying to bring in a guy who he believes will be the best fit long term, he's already failed. Profits will be way down before that capitalizes. Moos' job is to hire a guy that will sell his product now. The NU product won't sell if Moos hires a coach most don't want.

Some will jump ship before the season even starts. Some will jump ship after next year. Let's be honest, whom ever joins the program next year is going to have their hands full. A losing season is almost certain regardless of whose wearing the headseat. Mix that in with an unpopular coaching hire & forget about it. 2019 will have zero buzz and people will spend their time elsewhere. But let's assume it was a popular hire, we lose next year, the fans will still come. Because they will have faith. Moos has got to restore faith now. Not in 2 or 3 years. Not a "this guy will surprise all the fans that doubt" cause guess what, some of those fans won't be around to see it.

And you think Nebraska is hard to recruit now, how about a half empty memorial stadium and the states main buzz is no longer football? Can you imagine a kid coming from California to Lincoln Nebraska on an official visit and seeing a half empty stadium during a game? What's the drawl to commit. I'm not saying it has to be Frost but he needs to be the #1 choice. It's what the fans want. Tired of AD's forcing their expertise down our throats. SP did it, SE did it. It failed. Neither Callahan nor Riley were popular of hires. Just two dudes (SP & SE) with power thinking they new better than what the demand was asking for.

I believe JFK said, my job as President is not to do what I believe needs to be done. My job is to do what the American people believe needs to be done.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
This post is the most disturbing post I've read in weeks. I respect your opinion but if this is true Moos has zero idea what his job is. His job is not to hire a coach that wins. His job is to keep the athletic department profitable. I know it sounds crazy or even one in the same but it's not. If he is trying to bring in a guy who he believes will be the best fit long term, he's already failed. Profits will be way down before that capitalizes. Moos' job is to hire a guy that will sell his product now. The NU product won't sell if Moos hires a coach most don't want.

Some will jump ship before the season even starts. Some will jump ship after next year. Let's be honest, whom ever joins the program next year is going to have their hands full. A losing season is almost certain regardless of whose wearing the headseat. Mix that in with an unpopular coaching hire & forget about it. 2019 will have zero buzz and people will spend their time elsewhere. But let's assume it was a popular hire, we lose next year, the fans will still come. Because they will have faith. Moos has got to restore faith now. Not in 2 or 3 years. Not a "this guy will surprise all the fans that doubt" cause guess what, some of those fans won't be around to see it.

And you think Nebraska is hard to recruit now, how about a half empty memorial stadium and the states main buzz is no longer football? Can you imagine a kid coming from California to Lincoln Nebraska on an official visit and seeing a half empty stadium during a game? What's the drawl to commit. I'm not saying it has to be Frost but he needs to be the #1 choice. It's what the fans want. Tired of AD's forcing their expertise down our throats. SP did it, SE did it. It failed. Neither Callahan nor Riley were popular of hires. Just two dudes (SP & SE) with power thinking they new better than what the demand was asking for.

I believe JFK said, my job as President is not to do what I believe needs to be done. My job is to do what the American people believe needs to be done.

His job is to hire the best coach available, because winning is what will keep the money flowing in.

Reactions: jchusker02
His job is to hire the best coach available, because winning is what will keep the money flowing in.

You missed the point. Obviously winning will keep the money flowing but winning won't happen over night. Do you believe we will be very good next year contingent on whose coaching? Do you believe the program can take a 3 to 4 year window with an unpopular hire? The program obviously needs both a coach who will be a popular hire and will be great long term. Anything less would be troublesome

Last edited:
+1 and he either flat out declined UF or stalled on them where they won't wait to avoid pie in their face if he says no

It's possible UCF AD Danny White & him agreed to not say anything to create urgency with the Donors & the Excellence fund and it worked. Record number of money is pouring in.
Neither are the collection plates being handed out at the stadium down in Orlando, you know not enough people show up make a difference.
Neither are the collection plates being handed out at the stadium down in Orlando, you know not enough people show up make a difference.
Mickey working the phones for UCF ,and Frostys go find me page.

The biggest separation between the two is whether Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin aims to hire a big-name coach or roll the dice on the top up-and-comer in the coaching pool. If he prefers the former, Kelly is the key No. 1. If it’s the latter, Frost will be the main target.

One coach is 9 - 12 and never coached a Power 5 program, the other after being named head coach in 2009, a role they held for four seasons. In that time, Oregon won the Pac-12 three times and played in the 2011 BCS National Championship Game. Their record in those four seasons: 46-7.

So one is a lock and the other a gamble.

And this is the exact reason I’m not hung up on Frost. I’m not claiming he’s almighty and the next God of coaches. If we get him, then awesome. Hope he’s ready for some BS. Our fans are the worst...just as well the best. If he’s not winning big by third season you will see “some” fans demanding Frost get same love Riley did. Like or not, there are some fans that still feel Riley deserves his fair shake...and he does.

This won’t happen, so I hope to God we just go out and get the biggest name, most proven and most ready NOW HC. Because that’s exactly what our Huskers need. We can’t afford another roll of the dice and pray move. We need a for sure thing this time.

I cannot imagine Frost to Florida with Nebraska opening up, the administration there has expectations even beyond the craziest of Husker fans here.

McElwain had like 2 Division crowns and still got canned?

Pelini had 3, Solich had title and played for MNC 2years before. Heck even.BC had a division title.

Let’s see if the OWH can stop writing negative articles about frost and NU the next 3 weeks. I’ve never seen so many quotes about SF from UCF and UF fans via a OWH story. Where’s the big favorite son coming home articles? It’s like him NOT coming come gives them more website clicks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT