ADVERTISEMENT

Frost to Florida

hddude55

Defensive Coordinator
Jan 14, 2002
Arizona
Now that Spurrier — who is back at Florida — has shot down the Chipper rumors it figures Frost to Florida. Five four three two... BOOM, the heads are exploding.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Now that Spurrier — who is back at Florida — has shot down the Chipper rumors it figures Frost to Florida. Five four three two... BOOM, the heads are exploding.

Where did he shoot them down? And do you really thing SOS is gonna give anything away?

If Frost ever wanted the NU job, he better really consider the job right now. I don't think Moos has any intention of hiring someone for a few years and then going back to Frost, as some on the UCF board think. Some of those guys think Frost will stay a few more years at UCF and then go to Nebraska. I think this time around NU will open up the checkbook to get somebody that Moos truly believes in.

Where did he shoot them down? And do you really thing SOS is gonna give anything away?
Google is your friend. oregonlive.com. Spurrier said the top candidate was still coaching and would likely also coach in a bowl before the deal is done. Doesn’t describe Chipper, does it?

Google is your friend. oregonlive.com. Spurrier said the top candidate was still coaching and would likely also coach in a bowl before the deal is done. Doesn’t describe Chipper, does it?

He's been saying that all along, and I think he's just wanting the fans to be patient. UF boards have a thread going of a live airport feed that just showed guys deplaning that they are claiming are from Agency First, the co that reps Kelly.

The biggest separation between the two is whether Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin aims to hire a big-name coach or roll the dice on the top up-and-comer in the coaching pool. If he prefers the former, Kelly is the key No. 1. If it’s the latter, Frost will be the main target.

One coach is 9 - 12 and never coached a Power 5 program, the other after being named head coach in 2009, a role they held for four seasons. In that time, Oregon won the Pac-12 three times and played in the 2011 BCS National Championship Game. Their record in those four seasons: 46-7.

So one is a lock and the other a gamble.

I've seen enough of these coaching searches over the years to know that any "inside info" at this point is nothing more than made up dog poop.

Let me know when it's Dec. and a press conference is scheduled.
Better happen before December, or Moos and the Boomhauers really screwed up.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Not necessarily. It might happen around the first week of December depending on the outcome of Black Friday game between UCF and South Florida
Early signing date is a big deal. They had better get it done. An AAC game is hardly a valid excuse.

Reactions: HuskerDana

I’m still not convinced Frost is #1 on Moos’ list. I know that’s the guy 95 percent of Husker fans want but it could well be someone else Moos has targeted.

He's been saying that all along, and I think he's just wanting the fans to be patient. UF boards have a thread going of a live airport feed that just showed guys deplaning that they are claiming are from Agency First, the co that reps Kelly.
holy crap that is Sam Keller - like

I’m hearing Frost may be leaning at staying at Central Florida. My source here in Lincoln says the odds of getting him are dropping. Fast.
I think if he was at all planning on staying he would have put all these FL and Neb rumors to bed and announced officially that he was staying and UCF. Especially since it is a masive distraction for he and his team. Being that he has not done this leads me to believe he has every intention of leaving.

I’m hearing Frost may be leaning at staying at Central Florida. My source here in Lincoln says the odds of getting him are dropping. Fast.
+1 and he either flat out declined UF or stalled on them where they won't wait to avoid pie in their face if he says no
I think if he was at all planning on staying he would have put all these FL and Neb rumors to bed and announced officially that he was staying and UCF. Especially since it is a masive distraction for he and his team. Being that he has not done this leads me to believe he has every intention of leaving.
It's possible UCF AD Danny White & him agreed to not say anything to create urgency with the Donors & the Excellence fund and it worked. Record number of money is pouring in.

+1 and he either flat out declined UF or stalled on them where they won't wait to avoid pie in their face if he says no

It's possible UCF AD Danny White & him agreed to not say anything to create urgency with the Donors & the Excellence fund and it worked. Record number of money is pouring in.
You UCF guys crack me up there is no chance in hell he stays at UCF

The biggest separation between the two is whether Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin aims to hire a big-name coach or roll the dice on the top up-and-comer in the coaching pool. If he prefers the former, Kelly is the key No. 1. If it’s the latter, Frost will be the main target.

One coach is 9 - 12 and never coached a Power 5 program, the other after being named head coach in 2009, a role they held for four seasons. In that time, Oregon won the Pac-12 three times and played in the 2011 BCS National Championship Game. Their record in those four seasons: 46-7.

So one is a lock and the other a gamble.
Not that it really matters to your point but SF is 15-7 as a head coach. Not sure where you got your record from.

Yes, AD’s live to create uncertainty and distractions. Also find it hard to believe donations are “rolling in” when fans aren’t even “rolling in” to the stadium.

I cannot imagine Frost to Florida with Nebraska opening up, the administration there has expectations even beyond the craziest of Husker fans here.

McElwain had like 2 Division crowns and still got canned?

Reactions: headcard
I’m still not convinced Frost is #1 on Moos’ list. I know that’s the guy 95 percent of Husker fans want but it could well be someone else Moos has targeted.

I believe Frost is the top target, but that does not mean that it is the 100% locked down, signed sealed, and delivered some feel it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT