ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Should Have Many Takeaways from Playoffs

jbt25

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
Besides the obvious OL DL improvement we need to have

1. Playmaking QB RBs WRs - A better downfield passing game and throw more downfield.

I don’t want to see anymore 20 horizontal passes in a game ever again to WR TEs. We need a starting QB who can pass accurately and throw short medium long as well or better than they run, make the best decisions throwing first, running has to be good but it is secondary.

Hopefully our recent upgrades at WR can help us quickly go deeper more often. We need 3-4 of them to see the field next year. Frost needs to mix up short medium and long better than 2019

2. Recruiting.

We need to continue climb in recruiting getting 1-2 top10 classes out of every 5 plus improve retention of those classes.
Top 15 ish can do wonders if most pan out and stay. If we hang out 17-20 ish avg and 1/3 or more continue to leave, then we go nowhere.

3. Walk-Ons

For a variety of reasons too long to mention - mainly outdated system, style of offense now, parity of players, coaching and strength training, instate walk-ons just can’t play the significant role Frost thinks like it used to. We’ve wasted almost 20 years trying to hang on to this unique part but it should be obvious this gives us no advantage now if we want to climb higher.
I can’t think of one Nebraska walk-on who I would have in the 2 deep or 3 deep of any of those 4 teams yesterday. That should say it all. We either want to be them, meaning the top teams or continue to be a lesser version of Wisconsin or at least that would be our maximum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News