ADVERTISEMENT

Frost says that no decision has been made

You guys better prepare yourself you are not keeping frost. All this talk about getting into the playoff winning national championships and other things is not in the real world. If frost wants to compete with the top in the country he has to coach in P5 conference simple as that

• If you keep winning big and can develop a fan base large enough - then maybe at some point in the future you will have a chance to join a P5 conference but not anytime soon
  • Winning in your conference is not the same as winning in a P5 conference. Yes you guys look great - however the conference does not - Conference record against P5 teams this year is 3 -11 with the signature win against UCLA who is doing so bad they have fired their coach
This is not a slam against UCF you are having a terrific season and have potential but you are still second tier in the college football world the only way out of that is to join a P5 conference but you do not have the fan following nor the winning tradition needed to get an invite if realignment happened in the near future- maybe in the years to come but not now and really the only conference who would look is the Big12 who may not be around in future years anyhow

I can see a coach who is older and less ambitious staying there - Frost is just starting his career - Now He may not want NU ( although I believe he does) but with the schools looking for a new coach this year it does not get much better for him. NU, UCLA, Florida and Tenn all would like Frost unless Florida or maybe UCLA get Kelly.

Frost understands that waiting comes with risk - these jobs are not available next year and UCF could be hit with injuries next year or even lose a couple of games yet this year. Any negative hurts his income chances in the future. Maybe he does not care but his assistants surely do

The timing is perfect for Frost right now, this moment - that could change even in 30 days

I can see a coach who is older and less ambitious staying there - Frost is just starting his career - Now He may not want NU ( although I believe he does) but with the schools looking for a new coach this year it does not get much better for him. NU, UCLA, Florida and Tenn all would like Frost unless Florida or maybe UCLA get Kelly.

Frost understands that waiting comes with risk - these jobs are not available next year and UCF could be hit with injuries next year or even lose a couple of games yet this year. Any negative hurts his income chances in the future. Maybe he does not care but his assistants surely do

The timing is perfect for Frost right now, this moment - that could change even in 30 days
Yep, too risky for him to wait another year and "see what happens"

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I'm hoping for Scotty Chippen. Scott Frost & Chip Kelly co-headcoaches
5-Scottie%2BPippen%2Bhandshake%2Bsittting%2Bcourside.gif

Reactions: chrsmneric
UCF has presented Frost a new deal, and he hasn't signed it.

So, the rumor goes...

UCF has presented Frost a new deal, and he hasn't signed it.

So, the rumor goes...
Interesting - There is no way I think he stays - Name one young coach who was a coordinator at a P5 school got his chance at a smaller school to be HC and said no this is where I want to stay when he got a chance to be a HC at a P5 school

not happening for UCF

You're about to eat some major crow. Trust me.

If he's planning to stay at UCF, why hasn't he said so yet? His QB recruit de-committed last week. If Frost is planning to stay at UCF, it would seem wise to put an end to the rumors so that recruiting doesn't suffer any further.

Reactions: footnfan1
If he's planning to stay at UCF, why hasn't he said so yet? His QB recruit de-committed last week. If Frost is planning to stay at UCF, it would seem wise to put an end to the rumors so that recruiting doesn't suffer any further.

Exactly. There is no way he would allow the distraction to his team and the negative recruiting implications, if he know he was staying. He is gone, I just hope he ends up here.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever

Wrong. They are raising $$ to boost his and his assistants pay. The moment they announce his decision, either way, the donations stop.

Not saying which way he goes, but I am sure that there is little reason for SF to say anything. No incentive, NONE.

Lastly, he is exceedingly private. He hasn't even announced his sons first name? Why would he say anything about his plans?

Wrong. They are raising $$ to boost his and his assistants pay. The moment they announce his decision, either way, the donations stop.

Not saying which way he goes, but I am sure that there is little reason for SF to say anything. No incentive, NONE.

Lastly, he is exceedingly private. He hasn't even announced his sons first name? Why would he say anything about his plans?

If he really wants to boost his and his assistant's pay, he'll take the Nebraska job. UCF will never be able to match what we can offer.

Furthermore, I'd think announcing that he's staying would only lead to more donations. People would be excited that he's staying, and know for sure that their donations will not go to waste.

Also, last year when the Oregon job opened up, he came out right away and publicly stated he had no interest in the Oregon job.

Any other theories I can debunk?

Last edited:
If he really wants to boost his and his assistant's pay, he'll take the Nebraska job. UCF will never be able to match what we can offer.

Furthermore, I'd think announcing that he's staying would only lead to more donations. People would be excited that he's staying, and know for sure that their donations will not go to waste.

Also, last year when the Oregon job opened up, he came out right away and publicly stated he had no interest in the Oregon job.

Any other theories I can debunk?
How about the theory that some people ( assistant coaches) may not want to live in Lincoln Nebraska as opposed to Orlando Florida or a lot of other garden spots.

How about the theory that after this two year run, they ( the coaches) might have a lot options better than UN?

Pretty sure the "offer" has been made. Good luck to Scott. I wish him luck no matter what he does, but I can guarantee you, I won't go to Nebraska games holding up come home to UCF signs.

How about the theory that some people ( assistant coaches) may not want to live in Lincoln Nebraska as opposed to Orlando Florida or a lot of other garden spots.

How about the theory that after this two year run, they ( the coaches) might have a lot options better than UN?

Pretty sure the "offer" has been made. Good luck to Scott. I wish him luck no matter what he does, but I can guarantee you, I won't go to Nebraska games holding up come home to UCF signs.

That would make sense for you.....especially since Scott is from Nebraska not Florida....would be sort of weird if you held up a sign that read “ come home to UCF” : )

You could not get a ticket games are all sold out :)

Reactions: footnfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT