ADVERTISEMENT

Frost says NU never had top 10 classes when he was there:

That would depend on which "service " you are looking at....85, 87, 89, 90, 92 and 94 were ranked a top10 class by one service or another....

That really surprises me that those classes were ranked that high. The internet was not a factor and I remember reading magazines like Athlon in the late summer before the season started and SI every week. My recollection is the Huskers were outside the Top Ten in recruiting.

Reactions: ihuskcorn
No, I just felt like trolling today. I'll stop. Frost was wrong though......Wish you guys luck.
He said, "I think" before making that statement so he wasn't saying anything definitive. Maybe you would personally feel better if he had added a "I could be wrong, but..." before he said the rest?

I'm sure Frost is smart enough to know that NU's recruiting needs to improve a lot if they're going to win conference championships. My guess is that he was trying very hard not to say, "I need several years to get better talent in here. So until then, be prepared for us to suck."

Last edited:
Perhaps frost was saying his class was not top 10 but they won a national title..... hmmm could that be?
Not sure what class Frost would be associated with as he was a transfer. Probably out if high school the 93 class. If he would have committed to Nebraska it would have raised the ranking of the class

I heard TO himself say that NU didn't get top 10 recruiting classes, and never explained whether that was on recruiting services or what, but he added that we did pretty good regardless. The link above is a "Lemming", as he was the only recruiting guru to give NU a top ten rating, and even then they were in the 5-10 range.

I'm sure Frost is smart enough to know that NU's recruiting needs to improve a lot if they're going to win conference championships. My guess is that he was trying very hard not to say, "I need several years to get better talent in here. So until then, be prepared for us to suck."

I think we all need to be objective and have patience. If you watch the video of Scott talking about the recruits who signed yesterday it is obvious he is really tired. I bet he has been working his ass off. Between coaching UCF, the only honorable thing to do and recruiting for Nebraska I bet he isn't getting much rest. I also think we fans have to realize that Nebraska has not been winning much or has been ranked very much during the past few years. It may take Scott and staff to show the world they can win at Nebraska before we get bigger studs to come play for the Big Red.

Talk about SF and staff coaching UCF in the bowl game. Last night's bowl game with SMU was an info commercial for a new coach not coaching a bowl game. The Ponies gave absolutely NO EFFORT last night. Dykes can't be happy.

I also believe he said "I don't believe..." as the lead in statement. So ease up on the guy and get your story straight before making a topic on it. if anything it was rare, I remember looking at Athlon each summer in the 80's and 90's and if NU was in the top 25 in their recruiting rankings, I thought they were golden. In 96 NU did have had a top 10 class according to the experts, although half of them never did jack sh*t.

Last edited:
Already making excuses for media. Looks like Frosty is in over his head. According to this, Osborne was easily top 10 in 1995 and 1996...

http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/s/2002/0205/1323082.html

It's easy for Frosty to lie to little UCF media. Won't be that easy at Nebraska.
So if you don't like frost or NU why are you waisting your time on a Nebraska board. My suggestion is get out of grandmas basement throw away you game boy or what ever the new system is and go to Walmart and become a cart retriver

HE RECOGNIZES THAT THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME TO
KICK IS WHEN WE ARE DOWN!! Well guess what son the parties over no more mr nice guy rodgers Bullshit

It’s getting FROSTY IN HUSKERLAND AND THEY ARE GETTING SCARED WE HAVE OUR COACH NOW

GBR

Reactions: SOHusker11
Top 10 classes are made with solid pro prospects. Frost’s system doesn’t rely on solid pro prospects.

We've never really gotten to see what A Frost team will look like after a few years of success and highly rated recruits. What we've seen so far was a UCF team filled with 2 and 3 stars who were fast and athletic, but willing to do anything the coaches asked and sacrifice their own egos because they had hit rock bottom. The WR mantra was "No block, no rock".

A legit question is "what happens when there is sustained success, highly rated recruits who are more focused on getting into the league than the UCF players"? Even Oregon rose to their levels with lower ranked recruits than many of the PAC 12 teams.

Reactions: spacecoastknight
Already making excuses for media. Looks like Frosty is in over his head. According to this, Osborne was easily top 10 in 1995 and 1996...

http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/s/2002/0205/1323082.html

It's easy for Frosty to lie to little UCF media. Won't be that easy at Nebraska.
Just a typical dopey comment meant to incite, probably from a lowly UCF booster. Scott won a national championship here with lots of homegrown talent, and will assemble another that will similarly challenge. Time to crawl back under your rock.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT