ADVERTISEMENT

Frost and the defense

lbarnessix

Walk On
Jan 24, 2007
Recent defensive play of Huskers and “Frost’s newfound availability - due absence of playcalling duties” does make you ponder. Surely Frost wasn’t helping Chins with the defense? Maybe we’ll see this Saturday, Joseph not canning Chins does make you wonder if MJ knows something we don’t?

Recent defensive play of Huskers and “Frost’s newfound availability - due absence of playcalling duties” does make you ponder. Surely Frost wasn’t helping Chins with the defense? Maybe we’ll see this Saturday, Joseph not canning Chins does make you wonder if MJ knows something we don’t?
Or he's waiting until after the game so that we can have the bye week to get things together?

A valid point, but man I wouldn’t want to go into this game with one of Frost’s loyalist, Unless, I had some reason to believe in that person. This defense looks so lost and it didn’t the last few years. The players changed, I get that, but they’re so lost. Just makes you wonder what changed so suddenly?

A valid point, but man I wouldn’t want to go into this game with one of Frost’s loyalist, Unless, I had some reason to believe in that person. This defense looks so lost and it didn’t the last few years. The players changed, I get that, but they’re so lost. Just makes you wonder what changed so suddenly?
Switched his defense and doesn't have 5/6 super seniors to hide some scheme issues.. Game should be interesting...

Do the coordinators and assistants get the big buyouts like the HC? Obviously not $15M, but is it a windfall for them relatively speaking?

There are many questions that will likely never be answered.

Many on here were touting Chins as the next HC or even interim if Frost were let go. I have to admit, those calls totally amazed me. By all accounts, everyone loves Chins so it isn't his personality, it's his coaching.

Why Joseph and not Chins as the interim? Chins definitely knows the team better and is the senior coordinator.

Trev was clear that Joseph gets to make the calls for the program. Did he really want to make a change the same week as Frost leaving with 5 days to prepare for OU?

If you were coming in would you give the guy (Chins) a chance to change things up or make the call with a bye week?

The talk about Trev not giving Frost a chance is utter nonsense. Trev gave him every opportunity to succeed and Frost made things even worse.

The bad thing in my opinion is that we have nearly a full season with not much to talk about and allwed to speculate, this board will be interesting!

Many on here were touting Chins as the next HC or even interim if Frost were let go. I have to admit, those calls totally amazed me. By all accounts, everyone loves Chins so it isn't his personality, it's his coaching.

Why Joseph and not Chins as the interim? Chins definitely knows the team better and is the senior coordinator.

Trev was clear that Joseph gets to make the calls for the program. Did he really want to make a change the same week as Frost leaving with 5 days to prepare for OU?

If you were coming in would you give the guy (Chins) a chance to change things up or make the call with a bye week?

The talk about Trev not giving Frost a chance is utter nonsense. Trev gave him every opportunity to succeed and Frost made things even worse.

The bad thing in my opinion is that we have nearly a full season with not much to talk about and allwed to speculate, this board will be interesting!
MJ hired as Associate Head Coach

It’s pretty clear that NU started making phone calls to coaches before the plane landed back in Lincoln 2 weeks ago. IMO Mickey was in part hired as a plan B if they had to can Frost mid season.

Mickey did not have a contract as head coach. Trev could have fired Chin if he wanted. I believe Mickey is getting an audition and the powers that be want him to win the job.

Reactions: tjlSker90
It’s pretty clear that NU started making phone calls to coaches before the plane landed back in Lincoln 2 weeks ago. IMO Mickey was in part hired as a plan B if they had to can Frost mid season.

Mickey did not have a contract as head coach. Trev could have fired Chin if he wanted. I believe Mickey is getting an audition and the powers that be want him to win the job.
There is a reason Mickey was given the title he was, whose idea was that? What made Mickey more qualified that anyone else on the staff?

Trev would have been a fool to fire Chins. He gave Mickey the authority to do that, like it should be. In the chain of command. Trev would have lost the entire athletic department had he fired Chins.

What evidence is there that Trev was calling people after the meltdown in Ireland? Trev said he was going to reach out to many coaches for advise. Is he a liar? Who did he reach out to and how do you know?

Wait until MJs presser tomorrow before assuming he isn’t doing anything with Chins.

Why Joseph? He's a Husker legacy, fills our racial quota, and like TA said he was looking for new ideas, and he's more likely to bring that than Chins.

Why Joseph? He's a Husker legacy, fills our racial quota, and like TA said he was looking for new ideas, and he's more likely to bring that than Chins.
Frost was a legacy and he got fired so being a legacy doesn't guarantee much.

There us no racial quota, he is the first black coach ever at Nebraska.

New ideas for what? Plays?

Yes, so true sir. I too just don't get it.

The racial quota comment is just plain stupid. You’re just being overly sensitive to race.

I’m open to the idea that Mickey, Whipple or both were really Trev’s guys from the start. It would make sense to anoint Mickey if that were the case.

The more I thought about your comment about racial quota, the more embarrassed I am for you and Husker fans. If this would have been said by an Iowa person the "clan" comments would be all over. Get a life or at least a grip on your own.

Last edited:
My hope is tomorrow Mickey announces someone else will be calling the defense. My guess Busch? Idk We'll find out tomorrow
Hire Vance Joseph. Proven defensive coach at all levels and addresses our real problem. Mickey and Whipple can handle the offense. Chinander is a Frost loyalist, and we don’t need that poison in the drinking water.

MJ hired as Associate Head Coach
This is the key. MJ was hired in this capacity for this specific purpose. I think now that Trev knew that this was a likelihood and that firing him now would have the least effect on recruiting over doing it last November and destroying an entire class and ruining the transfer prospects, especially the QBs.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Hire Vance Joseph. Proven defensive coach at all levels and addresses our real problem. Mickey and Whipple can handle the offense. Chinander is a Frost loyalist, and we don’t need that poison in the drinking water.
Vance already has a better job.

Reactions: tjlSker90
The racial quota comment is just plain stupid. You’re just being overly sensitive to race.

I’m open to the idea that Mickey, Whipple or both were really Trev’s guys from the start. It would make sense to anoint Mickey if that were the case.
So the only reason we brought in Mickey or Whipple is the plan all along was to lose games to Northwestern and Georgia Southern, pay an extra $7.5 million in buyout, and then fire Frost so one of those two could takeover? Man, TA is playing some 4D chess. It's just too bad that Nebraska seems to be on the losing side of every move.

There are many I'm sure who feel we will have to wait until the bye week to see if any changes happen with the staff. I do however expect a different approach will be taken as to defensive scheme's and what players are used in those scheme's. I expect a better game from the defense I just don't know if it will be good enough and can keep pace with Oklahoma, I have a feeling we may get worn down. I think if The boys keep this game close they will be doing it on per emotion and adrenaline.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So the only reason we brought in Mickey or Whipple is the plan all along was to lose games to Northwestern and Georgia Southern, pay an extra $7.5 million in buyout, and then fire Frost so one of those two could takeover? Man, TA is playing some 4D chess. It's just too bad that Nebraska seems to be on the losing side of every move.
So now you’re at a loss for making a dumb comment that you can’t come back from so you’re making up one other specific straw man reason for why they’re here and acting like that’s the only possible explanation…lol pathetic.

Ever heard of a contingency plan? Just do better.

Reactions: bshirt73
So now you’re at a loss for making a dumb comment that you can’t come back from so you’re making up one other specific straw man reason for why they’re here and acting like that’s the only possible explanation…lol pathetic.

Ever heard of a contingency plan? Just do better.
It's not a strawman when that was the exact argument you were making. It's not my fault you have zero logical consistency to your thoughts. Do better.

It's not a strawman when that was the exact argument you were making. It's not my fault you have zero logical consistency to your thoughts. Do better.
Please point to where I said “the plan was to lose those games on purpose for Mickey.” I’ll wait. You’ve got some major cognitive work to do. I said I’m open to an idea. You then took that idea to a completely different place of your own design and put words in my mouth…because you’re an idiot.

Reactions: Walleye79
Please point to where I said “the plan was to lose those games on purpose for Mickey.” I’ll wait. You’ve got some major cognitive work to do. I said I’m open to an idea. You then took that idea to a completely different place of your own design and put words in my mouth…because you’re an idiot.
That's exactly what you said. You're open to the idea that Trev would keep Frost around, just so he would fail, and then Mickey would takeover. Those are your words, not mine. Don't project your own idiocy on me.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79

That's exactly what you said. You're open to the idea that Trev would keep Frost around, just so he would fail, and then Mickey would takeover. Those are your words, not mine. Don't project your own idiocy on me.
You’re putting words in my mouth you old hag. Read my quote and weep. My actual thought centers around the idea of **IF** Frost were to fail, Mickey is then Trev’s plan B. If Frost won, everybody stays and everybody’s happy. You designed your own story of somebody (not Frost???) losing games on purpose knowing Mickey would take over before the season started. You can’t point to where I said that because it didn’t happen. Try harder.

All to try to give some false support to your zero-evidence, totally outlandish claim that former Husker player, Mickey Joseph is partially here to fill a “black head coach quota” for Nebraska 😂😂😂. There is another difference between our posts if you look closely, other people actually agree with mine. Why do I have to spell all of this out for this low life?

You’re putting words in my mouth you old hag. Read my quote and weep. My actual thought centers around the idea of **IF** Frost were to fail, Mickey is then Trev’s plan B. If Frost won, everybody stays and everybody’s happy. You designed your own story of somebody (not Frost???) losing games on purpose knowing Mickey would take over before the season started. You can’t point to where I said that because it didn’t happen. Try harder.

All to try to give some false support to your zero-evidence, totally outlandish claim that former Husker player, Mickey Joseph is partially here to fill a “black head coach quota” for Nebraska 😂😂😂. There is another difference between our posts if you look closely, other people actually agree with mine. Why do I have to spell all of this out for this low life?
Nope you said Mickey and Whipple were Trev's guys from the start. You never said anything about plan B or contingency plans. Now you're making crap up to distract from your own incoherence.

Nope you said Mickey and Whipple were Trev's guys from the start. You never said anything about plan B or contingency plans. Now you're making crap up to distract from your own incoherence.
I also never said anything about anyone losing those games on purpose but you made that up anyways. I wasn’t as clear as I could’ve been in my post and I apologize for that. Just because they’re Trev’s guys doesn’t mean he was going to kick Frost out. But he chose an onside kick up 11 points and then lost to GA Southern at home so naturally he’s gone. Your race baiting crap is still just that. Crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT