ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman Eric Fields

One of my favorite commits from the last class. You now what MR thinks of him when he says "everyone will know who this kid is". I guessing he saw something in him that he has seen in some really good players at his previous stops. Speed and aggression stand out on his film.

One of my favorite commits from the last class. You now what MR thinks of him when he says "everyone will know who this kid is". I guessing he saw something in him that he has seen in some really good players at his previous stops. Speed and aggression stand out on his film.
Sounds like Pelini when he talked about Caveman. Pelini just smirked and said “this guy. This guy” when he talked about him on signing day. Hear seeking missiles.

Every year, there are under the radar guys who go juco or to smaller programs and hit it big. The key is to identify the right guys and that's not easy to do.
You never know how well he'll handle the playbook, but the dude has all the tools and I think tremendous instincts.

He actually reminds me of Terrell Farley.

If he can be within shouting distance of Lavonte or Farley, he would be one helluva player.

His dad was a professional boxer and I take it the kid grew up just eating contact. He sure plays like he loves to hit.

He was my #2 player behind Alvano as the true freshman who would make an impact this year.

For the sake of the team, I hope he's a helluva player.

Odd thing: I remember one of the players or coaches say they are rooming an Offensive player with a defensive player. Ty Robinson DT said his roommate is Eric Fields, another defender. I'm sure there are others as well, just haven't heard yet.

He was my #2 player behind Alvano as the true freshman who would make an impact this year.

For the sake of the team, I hope he's a helluva player.

Odd thing: I remember one of the players or coaches say they are rooming an Offensive player with a defensive player. Ty Robinson DT said his roommate is Eric Fields, another defender. I'm sure there are others as well, just haven't heard yet.
You don’t have exactly the same number of Offensive and Defensive players.

Remind me why he was so lightly recruited. His highlight tape was very good and seems to be fast. Undersized? Tweener? Grades?

Remind me why he was so lightly recruited. His highlight tape was very good and seems to be fast. Undersized? Tweener? Grades?
I am pretty sure there was an injury in his sophomore or junior year that limited his football playing. I know he was healed enough to run track his junior year and then play his senior year.

He takes such great angles, don't get me wrong he is plenty fast, but he plays so much faster because he knows how to take the correct angle to the ball carrier and plays it inside out.

I am pretty sure there was an injury in his sophomore or junior year that limited his football playing. I know he was healed enough to run track his junior year and then play his senior year.

He takes such great angles, don't get me wrong he is plenty fast, but he plays so much faster because he knows how to take the correct angle to the ball carrier and plays it inside out.
My younger brother started as a very undersized NT for 3 years in HS and always seemed to be around the ball. Some kids just have a knack for the game.

Especially after we play Michigan.
In this day and age of technology, I wouldn't go for that type of bullshit from another coach/school. Just tell Fields if he gets a call or text from someone associated with Michigan, forward the text or phone number to Rhule/Trev/recruiting coordinator and allow them to have a man to man discussion about the meddling.

He played in a lower OK high school football division and on a bad team. He didn't get the recognition he deserved. I believe that the staff was tipped off to him by someone outside NU.
Ardmore is in the second highest class in Oklahoma. They were bad last year but the year before were 9-2. They have had a couple of players go to OU. It is t like they are out in the sticks. Ardmore is about 80 miles from OKC.

Reactions: scarletred
Ardmore is in the second highest class in Oklahoma. They were bad last year but the year before were 9-2. They have had a couple of players go to OU. It is t like they are out in the sticks. Ardmore is about 80 miles from OKC.
Cowboy museum is in Ardmore.

Well I don't know then I guess we will see if he sucks or if Oklahoma and Texas overlooked him

Well I don't know then I guess we will see if he sucks or if Oklahoma and Texas overlooked him
I am sure he was overlooked. I am just disputing the why he was overlooked. Ardmore is a big enough school and they played talented schools in their district and out of district. There were coaches at those games watching other players, if they missed on him then that is on them. As I stated, there was an injury involved soph or junior year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Odd that he was seemingly overlooked when another LB from Ardmore signed with CU in his same class.

Odd that he was seemingly overlooked when another LB from Ardmore signed with CU in his same class.

He's definitely undersized a bit, but his will to hit and angles he takes are on another level.

Reminds me of a Sean Taylor with his reckless abandon but also Lavonte David for being undersized but using technique and raw instinct to find the ball in the backfield.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I have a good feeling about this guy.

I'd be more worried about Neon Dion pulling the meddling shit with Fields and others here.

Enjoying the hype for this young man. May he live up to it and show the character to recognize the team that offered him the opportunity and showed the commitment to get him where he is.

Excited for the talent being brought in and the development the team is getting.

Reactions: Laner2
Tell that to Malachi Coleman...
Seth Meyers I Give Up GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Thank goodness Malachi realized his worth and love of ribeyes!!! So glad to have him wearing the N!

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
I picture him playing a major role on ST like so may other fr/so .. these guys get to prove they can make plays on special teams and will get more shots all over the field !! Pulling for him and seems to have the exact kind of skills a player on this Def needs!! LFG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT