ADVERTISEMENT

Fox top 25 rankings

I'll take it. I guess we're about as deserving as anyone else at this point. I sure miss the days of being a Top 25 regular and watching how each week's win, or loss, affected our standing in the polls.

Bring on CU!

I'll take it. I guess we're about as deserving as anyone else at this point. I sure miss the days of being a Top 25 regular and watching how each week's win, or loss, affected our standing in the polls.

Bring on CU!
You knew it was probably gonna happen. I mean it helps to get eyeballs on our game vs CU a night game...if one ofbthe teams is ranked.

Bring on CU!
The over riding theme in these top teams is they (with a few exceptions) tend to be very explosive offensively. No doubt the Huskers face three this week in Sanders, Hunter and Horne. Later in the season OSU will line up every snap with 4-5 game breakers and of course USC looks to have 4-5 also. To play with these type teams, NU has to become that type of explosive offensive unit.

NU lacks that game breaker type of RB, as of right now only Dylan and Neyor look to be that type player, but we do have several that look capable. Jacory, Lloyd and Nelson. Now is as good of time as any to get them all involved in the offense to allow NU to become that serious offensive threat because if NU continues to trend upward, more and more of those type players may find their way to Lincoln.

Running the ball well, using a controlled passing attack is all well and good, but you're not gonna be able to hang with the OSU's and USC's unless you can give them multiple threats to contend with every time you snap the ball. We all know how much that kind of threat can stress a defense.

Since NU is in the process of building a good program it's hard to try to jump too far forward, but eventually NU needs to become that type of offensive juggernaut that it takes to really make some noise. Some of these teams are just too good to think you're gonna shut them down. Somewhere along the line you're gonna have to win that 47-45 type game.

Keeping Dylan healthy and plugging in these YOUNG, talented, speedy kids is the way to go, even if its only adding one piece to the offense each week as the talent begins to make its way to Lincoln. Getting a true difference maker at RB would be a huge piece of the puzzle.

So, FOX put out a poll to boost NBC’s viewership ratings? Is that what you’re claiming?
1409e3ada1a79e69a10de7155492d7a2.jpg

So, FOX put out a poll to boost NBC’s viewership ratings? Is that what you’re claiming?
No, but we have another night time Fox game two weeks after CU.
If a ranking helps get more eyeballs on NU and more casual fans watching..then conceivably NU could be higher ranked in two weeks to get an even bigger audience for the Fox Game.

Are u saying that the higher NU gets ranked that it won't help Fox get a larger audience for the NU game in 3 weeks?

Of course Fox will want to hype NU as much as they can cuz we have at least one more guaranteed Fox game this year.

No, but we have another night time Fox game two weeks after CU.
If a ranking helps get more eyeballs on NU and more casual fans watching..then conceivably NU could be higher ranked in two weeks to get an even bigger audience for the Fox Game.

Are u saying that the higher NU gets ranked that it won't help Fox get a larger audience for the NU game in 3 weeks?

Of course Fox will want to hype NU as much as they can cuz we have at least one more guaranteed Fox game this year.

Damn that’s some serious mental gymnastics. You do know there are a ton of teams playing on FOX over the next few weeks right?

How about we just looked like a top 25 team so they put us in the top 25?

Damn that’s some serious mental gymnastics. You do know there are a ton of teams playing on FOX over the next few weeks right?

How about we just looked like a top 25 team so they put us in the top 25?
It's not mental gymnastics at all. FOX literally has a Game w us in two weeks. So therefore they want as many eyeballs as possible on our game. Ranking us in the top 25 helps Jumpstart those additional eyeballs...it's pretty simple stuff really.

Two things can be true at the same time ya know without any mental gymnastics. Agreed?

Also, there are other teams likely worthy of a top 25 ranking they could have chosen over us as well. But u left that part out.

When u add to the fact that Illinois plays Kansas this coming week, they could very likely absorb a loss which would keep them from being ranked by the time we play them in two weeks which also lends more credence to my point as well. I mean are people really gonna be hyped to watch two unranked teams on a Friday night?

Sounds more like u are playing checkers instead of chess like the Fox peeps are.

Last edited:
It's not mental gymnastics at all. FOX literally has a Game w us in two weeks. So therefore they want as many eyeballs as possible on our game. Ranking us in the top 25 helps Jumpstart those additional eyeballs...it's pretty simple stuff really.

Two things can be true at the same time ya know without any mental gymnastics. Agreed?

Also, there are other teams likely worthy of a top 25 ranking they could have chosen over us as well. But u left that part out.

Sounds more like u are playing checkers instead of chess like the Fox peeps are.

Cool man. Enjoy the chess game conspiracy whatever

Cool man. Enjoy the chess game conspiracy whatever
Why is it a conspiracy? Do u think that FOX isn't looking ahead to the possibility of Two unranked teams in two weeks and how having one of those teams ranked would help their ratings?

Illinois has a very good possibility of losing to Kansas yes?
Yes.

So what would make that game more attractive to viewers?
To have one of the teams ranked (Nebraska) vs NO teams ranked.

Dang man do u not know how TV and ratings work? Lolol

Why does the saying "follow the $$$" seem to apply in most cases in life, but u cant seem to grasp it in this particular instance and want to call it a "conspiracy?" I mean it IS a conspiracy, but u want to put it out as some "crazy thought" when it's a very believable idea and plan...if u follow the $$..

When u add to the fact that Illinois plays Kansas this coming week, they could very likely absorb a loss which would keep them from being ranked by the time we play them in two weeks which also lends more credence to my point as well. I mean are people really gonna be hyped to watch two unranked teams on a Friday night?

The problem I have was a you are saying “Fox” like it is one person making the decisions. So the person making the poll is being told who to vote for by the person who has something to do with broadcasting a game on a Friday night with no competition?

Stretch much?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
The problem I have was a you are saying “Fox” like it is one person making the decisions. So the person making the poll is being told who to vote for by the person who has something to do with broadcasting a game on a Friday night with no competition?

Stretch much?
U don't think the people who work for Fox don't know how the ratings and TV viewers work and how it benefits them?

If u notice I said the "casual fans" are the ones who will look at a matchup of two unraked teams and make a decision. You do realize there IS another game on at the same time ours is right? So we are gonna be competing for eyeballs that night...

So how would you help tilt viewership to ur channel vs another channel who is also showing a game?

To have one team ranked vs another game where it's likely neither of the teams will be ranked so u can sway the casual viewers to ur channel instead.

Is it possible Fox just ranked us top 25 cuz we looked top 25? Sure, but two things CAN be true at the same time just as well. Especially if it benefits the interests of Fox...

15. Oklahoma State (1-0)

Week 1 result:
Defeated South Dakota State, 44-20
"Oklahoma State showed Coach Prime’s Colorado program exactly what a Big 12 team is supposed to do with a top-ranked FCS opponent — doubling them up and adding a remainder."

So let me see here. I've been called out for saying DR does more for the Huskers than Shemanure does for Colorado.
Hmmmmm. DR elevated his program into the top 25.
Shemanure elevated his program into the FOX [Sanders-Mocking] Ranking.

26FLhDoSzv4ig5qLu.webp

Stretch much?
Imagine going to bat for the sanctity of journalism in 2024

Lmao

U don't think the people who work for Fox don't know how the ratings and TV viewers work and how it benefits them?

If u notice I said the "casual fans" are the ones who will look at a matchup of two unraked teams and make a decision. You do realize there IS another game on at the same time ours is right? So we are gonna be competing for eyeballs that night...

So how would you help tilt viewership to ur channel vs another channel who is also showing a game?

To have one team ranked vs another game where it's likely neither of the teams will be ranked so u can sway the casual viewers to ur channel instead.

Is it possible Fox just ranked us top 25 cuz we looked top 25? Sure, but two things CAN be true at the same time just as well. Especially if it benefits the interests of Fox...
You are right, a “casual viewer” will first look at Fox rankings (which are meaningless) and then make a decision which game to watch. They will say, oh look, Nebraska is ranked 22, I will tune into that game because of it. Maybe both teams will be ranked which is what Fox should do. Then they could boast of the top 25 match up.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that most fans (even casual ones) could care less where anyone is ranked this time of year outside the top ten.

Why is it a conspiracy? Do u think that FOX isn't looking ahead to the possibility of Two unranked teams in two weeks and how having one of those teams ranked would help their ratings?

Illinois has a very good possibility of losing to Kansas yes?
Yes.

So what would make that game more attractive to viewers?
To have one of the teams ranked (Nebraska) vs NO teams ranked.

Dang man do u not know how TV and ratings work? Lolol

Why does the saying "follow the $$$" seem to apply in most cases in life, but u cant seem to grasp it in this particular instance and want to call it a "conspiracy?" I mean it IS a conspiracy, but u want to put it out as some "crazy thought" when it's a very believable idea and plan...if u follow the $$..
Kong?

15. Oklahoma State (1-0)

Week 1 result:
Defeated South Dakota State, 44-20
"Oklahoma State showed Coach Prime’s Colorado program exactly what a Big 12 team is supposed to do with a top-ranked FCS opponent — doubling them up and adding a remainder."

So let me see here. I've been called out for saying DR does more for the Huskers than Shemanure does for Colorado.
Hmmmmm. DR elevated his program into the top 25.
Shemanure elevated his program into the FOX [Sanders-Mocking] Ranking.

26FLhDoSzv4ig5qLu.webp
I like the Pokes against the Hogs this Saturday giving 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT