ADVERTISEMENT

First Touchdown against OSU

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
I predict a pass from AM to Jack Stoll or Travis Vokolek.

Last edited:
The only weak link on the OSU squad is their defensive secondary - by their standards. I believe they can be scored on earlier in season - through the air - waiting on those 3 new starters - in the defensive backfield -to gel together. I think you guys can put some points on the board against them.

The problem will be stopping their offense. Urban had to go back to some of the great OSU offenses of 90s to compare to. This might be the deepest OSU OL in 20 to 25 years. And their DL might be better than last year even with Chase Young gone.

You guys just need to score on them early and who knows from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
The only weak link on the OSU squad is their defensive secondary - by their standards. I believe they can be scored on earlier in season - through the air - waiting on those 3 new starters - in the defensive backfield -to gel together. I think you guys can put some points on the board against them.

The problem will be stopping their offense. Urban had to go back to some of the great OSU offenses of 90s to compare to. This might be the deepest OSU OL in 20 to 25 years. And their DL might be better than last year even with Chase Young gone

They still have Shaun Wade at cb who goes in the first round in many mock drafts.

They still have Shaun Wade at cb who goes in the first round in many mock drafts.
Yeah, I realize that but the defensive backfield requires everybody on the same page - probably more than any other unit. And with 3 new starters...........

I truly believe if OSU gets upset this year - and call me crazy - it will be against NU or especially PSU (their 2nd game). Once they get it rolling - forget it

Reactions: husker2612
We scored in the 3rd Qtr last year, our one and only score. I'd say if we can do that again , that might be as good as it's gets.

Reactions: vs540husker
Yeah, I realize that but the defensive backfield requires everybody on the same page - probably more than any other unit. And with 3 new starters...........

I truly believe if OSU gets upset this year - and call me crazy - it will be against NU or especially PSU (their 2nd game). Once they get it rolling - forget it

I agree with your thinking DONU can upset the Buckeyes early in the season.

Reactions: CBurns05

The problem will be stopping their offense. Urban had to go back to some of the great OSU offenses of 90s to compare to. This might be the deepest OSU OL in 20 to 25 years. And their DL might be better than last year even with Chase Young gone.

You guys just need to score on them early and who knows from there.
We (OSU) have good depth at DE but there are question marks at DT until some players get healthy. You will probably see some DEs move inside in the early games to help with depth issues, In addition to Chase Young, we lost Hamilton, Cornell and Landers on the DL. I see a drop off of the total D compared to last year. Do not want to see a repeat of the 2018 D. Offensively, this may be the best WR group I've seen in many years. Even the D coaches have commented on the talent level of this group. The O line is very solid. Whether we're a national contender will depend on the development of the D and of course staying free of injuries and the COVID.

Yep, this is my logic too. Many Neb fans were complaining that we have Ohio St first. I was happy to see it. If we ever had a shot to upset them, its going to be game 1 before they have a chance to really get rolling.

Actually I'm going to have fun with it. We come out in the I-Formation after the spread doesn't work with Martinez in the first two drives. Luke is under center. Thompkins and Mills in the backfield with Mills in as Fullback. A few handoffs, pitches, and FB traps to get it going. Fake hand off to the fullback, option to the wide side of the field, McCaff fakes and cuts up the field on an option keeper and takes it 40 yards to the house, creating that spark that's needed and we rally and beat tOSU the good ol fashioned way that we all love! tOSU doesn't know what hit them because they didn't prepare for it and we took full advantage.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT