ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Foley.

When you have accompanied as much as Redli has in life - you get license to spout passive aggressive nonsense in perpetuity. I’ve never seen anyone truly take advantage of it like he has - but it’s his right I suppose.
Haha right? Hey I’m all for questioning a 4th down call, or a max blitz etc. Second guessing plays, strategy and what not is fans rights and part of the fun. What I won’t stand for is the pitch fork and torch, fire everyone clown comments… Rhule is what 18 months into rebuilding a bottom 20% D1 football program?!

I’m going to let Professionals in their craft do their thing, Buffett manages money, Elon builds EV’s and MR builds steller football PROGRAMS. Let the man be, chances are he knows a “tad” more than than 100% on this board and has shown he’s high integrity, he’s already let 2 staff members go (TE and DB coaches) for not living up to the standard. He is light years ahead of where we where with Frost. Pipe down.

My problem with the blocked punts is, isn't Schiano known for this kind of stuff on special teams? Read where they had the most blocked punts in the country 2022 & 2023 combined. How are you not even remotely ready for this? Then to allow it twice? Wtf?
Who allowed?? Rhule said yesterday it was missed assignments on punts, in particular Luke Gifford missed his (Matt Rhules words). Should we bench Gifford? C’mon man, see the big picture.

Who allowed?? Rhule said yesterday it was missed assignments on punts, in particular Luke Gifford missed his (Matt Rhules words). Should we bench Gifford? C’mon man, see the big picture.
Twice? That doesn't fall on a coach at some point when a 5th? 6th? year guy is missing critical assignments. I don't know if I've ever seen a punter get hit that hard. Again, isn't Rutgers known for blocking kicks and punts? How are you not ready? Inexcusable to happen twice.

Twice? That doesn't fall on a coach at some point when a 5th? 6th? year guy is missing critical assignments. I don't know if I've ever seen a punter get hit that hard. Again, isn't Rutgers known for blocking kicks and punts? How are you not ready? Inexcusable to happen twice.
Who said its not inexcusable? Point is Matt Rhule admitted guys missed assignments. Point is Matt Rhule said HE should have (not “Foley”)…. again that’s Head coach Matt Rhule, I quote “I should have called a fake punt sooner” because they were rushing 10 guys, with a punter and two gunners on punt team, there’s not enough blockers….that’s simple math…..Should we fire Rhule? SMH

Just like in life….in football things go wrong, the weak snowflake mentality of fire a coach or fire somebody, point the finger with adversity gets old.

I have never seen a coach have a better handle on program other than then the Nick Sabans of the world. We pay MR a lot of money to make executive decisions and if he wants to keep Foley I’m fine with that, if he wants to get rid of fully mid season or atbthe end of the season I’m fine with that…that is what happens when you have adults running the show and you trust your football program to professionals not fans.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing at this point. I didn't say fire Foley on the spot. We've had some pretty bad special teams over the years and this year is trying to top them all. It's ridiculous. At least Frost didn't care about special teams. Rhule said it's an emphasis.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing at this point. I didn't say fire Foley on the spot. We've had some pretty bad special teams over the years and this year is trying to top them all. It's ridiculous. At least Frost didn't care about special teams. Rhule said it's an emphasis.
There’s plenty of posts that say fire Foley, that’s what I was addressing. If you’re going to join in on a conversation keep up.

There’s plenty of posts that say fire Foley, that’s what I was addressing. If you’re going to join in on a conversation keep up.
So why would you address me like I'm one of them? Everything I said is true. We haven't been to a bowl game in what, 7 years? Special teams is the easiest way to derail our season. Just be average for God's sake. Not even elite. And Foley can't even do simple shit like keep from getting 2 punts blocked. It's literally his job to make sure that doesnt happen.

Reactions: leodisflowers
So why would you address me like I'm one of them? Everything I said is true. We haven't been to a bowl game in what, 7 years? Special teams is the easiest way to derail our season. Just be average for God's sake. Not even elite. And Foley can't even do simple shit like keep from getting 2 punts blocked. It's literally his job to make sure that doesnt happen.
I literally just addressed these Points.
Have a great day slugger.

When you have accompanied as much as Redli has in life - you get license to spout passive aggressive nonsense in perpetuity. I’ve never seen anyone truly take advantage of it like he has - but it’s his right I suppose.
*accomplished

Who said its not inexcusable? Point is Matt Rhule admitted guys missed assignments. Point is Matt Rhule said HE should have (not “Foley”)…. again that’s Head coach Matt Rhule, I quote “I should have called a fake punt sooner” because they were rushing 10 guys, with a punter and two gunners on punt team, there’s not enough blockers….that’s simple math…..Should we fire Rhule? SMH

Just like in life….in football things go wrong, the weak snowflake mentality of fire a coach or fire somebody, point the finger with adversity gets old.

I have never seen a coach have a better handle on program other than then the Nick Sabans of the world. We pay MR a lot of money to make executive decisions and if he wants to keep Foley I’m fine with that, if he wants to get rid of fully mid season or atbthe end of the season I’m fine with that…that is what happens when you have adults running the show and you trust your football program to professionals not fans.
They rushed 8 on the 2nd block for sure.

This team is one win a way from being bowl eligible, and has a real possibility to win almost every game they're in from here on out... you don't pull the plug at this point in the season on a guy and disrupt the chemistry that's coming together throughout the rest of the team. If I'm MR I'm working close to help the guy and giving him every tool in the tool box as well. This can still be solved, ALL of us knew there would still be facets of the game that need improvement, this is one of them...

Bottom line, now is not the time to be throwing crap like this out as it's a distraction! Players and other coaches read shit like this just like we all do... how is calling for the guys job going to help in this circumstance when the team is on the right trajectory to have a season like we haven't had in a decade?

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
Foley makes $550k a year. I would love to make that kind of money and be the worst in the country at my job AND know my buddy has my back and won't fire me. This is right in line with the mentality of Frost and Callahan and the 'good ole boy network.'

$550k is more than grand theft. Nebraska admin should be pissed. Nebraska special teams is a punching bag and a punch line.

This team is one win a way from being bowl eligible, and has a real possibility to win almost every game they're in from here on out... you don't pull the plug at this point in the season on a guy and disrupt the chemistry that's coming together throughout the rest of the team. If I'm MR I'm working close to help the guy and giving him every tool in the tool box as well. This can still be solved, ALL of us knew there would still be facets of the game that need improvement, this is one of them...

Bottom line, now is not the time to be throwing crap like this out as it's a distraction! Players and other coaches read shit like this just like we all do... how is calling for the guys job going to help in this circumstance when the team is on the right trajectory to have a season like we haven't had in a decade?
Nobody cares what gets said on this board.

Special teams have been horrible besides punter for the most part.

If you are a decent special teams coach you should see significant improvement after the bye week. We will see.

Indiana has blocked a punt on the year, Rutgers had 0 before the Nebraska game.

I don't think firing anyone midseason is going to help, but he 100% needs to get this turned around do at least a neutral part of the game.

Reactions: InMotion

You think the players don't know it's a mess? I think they'd be happy that the head coach isn't oblivious to it and is getting them someone that will bring out the best in them.

and who would you get mid season that's worth anything? this is a post season or perhaps near end of season decision considering where things are at right now

and who would you get mid season that's worth anything? this is a post season or perhaps near end of season decision considering where things are at right now
There's a hundred people working over there. I'm sure there's a young and hungry analyst that would kill for that spot. Why not give him a chance? Or, as someone else said, you could at least make a call to Busch if you were so inclined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT