ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Foley.

Nebraska currently ranks 96th in punt returns, 131st in net punting, 109th in punt return defense, 133rd in blocked punts allowed, 73rd in kick-off returns, 92nd in kick-off return defense and 133rd in blocked kicks allowed.

NCAA FBS Stats
^ This is what I was gonna post and thank you for sparing me the research.

I don’t blame coaches for some player (isolated) issues, but when it is unilateral across the board (save a stud punter)—-getting 4 kicks blocked in two weeks!, the repeat snapping issues, bottom barrel coverage, punter making tackles, and the impact of not being able to even attempt FGs—- the ineptitude all combined is very costly. It all points to coaching.

Not to mention we’ve had a pretty soft schedule up until now. Some decent teams, but not facing any juggernauts yet.
100+ teams figured it out better than us.
Demanding better is still a very low and reasonable expectation at this point.
Not sure how Foley is expected to fix something midseason he was incapable of preventing with months of preparation.

Well do something about. March into the athletic departments office and demand change. stand up for what you are so passionate about.
LOL, the difference here is I'm not saying "some college girl should do something about this".

LOL, the difference here is I'm not saying "some college girl should do something about this".
Haha come on lil guy you have been passionate about this. Do something about it. Or be you. Attack other posters for supporting what those girls are doing. They have a voice we do not. Just like you have no voice in coaching decisions. Be better lil fella

Haha come on lil guy you have been passionate about this. Do something about it. Or be you. Attack other posters for supporting what those girls are doing. They have a voice we do not. Just like you have no voice in coaching decisions. Be better lil fella
One step ahead of ya on this! Read better my guy.

2 blocked punts might adversely affect your net punting numbers.
As will the number of punts downed inside the 20. Buschini has 18 punts through 6 games with 8 of those inside the 20. He’s only had 1 touchback which could have been downed inside the 5. He’s 3rd in the B1G in average. The Purdue game dropped him down but he was also punting with a short field that game.

Edit: Raiola’s punts will reduce the net as well. I believe his have all been touchbacks.

Last edited:
As will the number of punts downed inside the 20. Buschini has 18 punts through 6 games with 8 of those inside the 20. He’s only had 1 touchback which could have been downed inside the 5. He’s 3rd in the B1G in average. The Purdue game dropped him down but he was also punting with a short field that game.

Edit: Raiola’s punts will reduce the net as well. I believe his have all been touchbacks.
Shame on you. You’re letting facts ruin the narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT