ADVERTISEMENT

Finally game week! Predictions?

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I am so pumped for this season. Have not been this optimistic since before the start of the 2010 season. Let's hope the results are better. Is it too early for a prediction thread? Here is my prediction for the UTEP game. I was initially leaning toward a low scoring affair. First game jitters and all that. And I think it will be somewhat close for a half before we blow it open in the second half. My prediction:

Nebraska 45
UTEP 3

Nebraska loss 42-45. Same score as Georgia Southern in 2022 who were also coming off a 3-9 season the year before like UTEP.

Sorry, Lucy yanked the football up and allowed me to kick my forehead and fall on my back so many times when I was trying to kick off, I can't help but be jaded about trying again.

I am so pumped for this season. Have not been this optimistic since before the start of the 2010 season. Let's hope the results are better. Is it too early for a prediction thread? Here is my prediction for the UTEP game. I was initially leaning toward a low scoring affair. First game jitters and all that. And I think it will be somewhat close for a half before we blow it open in the second half. My prediction:

Nebraska 45
UTEP 3
I’ll go 54-6. That might be too much kool-aid but I think we’ll have some quick scores just to show we can go deep. I think the D will put 1 or 2 in the EZ as well.

Lot of people ITT think it’s 1994 again

Funny

I expect a pretty clunky debut for the offense
Naa.. Judging by the win loss total that is definitely not the case. I think the game will be a little bit clunky, but we are damn near a 4 score favorite. If I trust one thing it is Vegas. Hopefully we work the kinks out and cruise that way we are ready for hate week.

If we start 3-0 and look decent will you have any optimism?

Definitely need to score 40+ to feel like this team has truly progressed. Defensively if we give up more than two TDs then I’ll think it’s regressed some.

Naa.. Judging by the win loss total that is definitely not the case. I think the game will be a little bit clunky, but we are damn near a 4 score favorite. If I trust one thing it is Vegas. Hopefully we work the kinks out and cruise that way we are ready for hate week.

If we start 3-0 and look decent will you have any optimism?
Every week zero underdog covered

Every week zero underdog covered
and? I didn't say UTEP wasn't going to cover, but when the spread is that high there is a pretty damn good chance this game will never be in doubt. Clunky yes. It is Week 1 and everyone will have issues, but that also doesn't mean UTEP isn't going to have issues as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT