ADVERTISEMENT

Final 6 record? 4-2

6-6

It’s either that or 5-7 because we aren’t winning two games with our O. And a bunch of homers said Maryland stinks like they said MSU stinks….

But, maybe we find a way to win one. Bowl game here we come
Yeah well don't listen to fans about whom sucks, we suck right along with em.

I think we end 7-5 or 6-6. No way we win out without a QB. And we really do not have a QB on our roster. None of our last three opponents are worth a shit. But today showed us we have the worst offense in the past 60 years at Nebraska. We could easily end up 5-7. But something tells me we scratch out at least one more win.
We scratch out a Iowa win, that's all I got. Maryland can put up points that we can't match. Madison at night, forget about it.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
A colossal failure ? Further recruiting collapse ? Laughing How is that ?
Yes. It would be, what, the 7th year in a row without a bowl game when almost everyone goes these days? We've already started to lose our "diamonds in the rough", if these guys don't prove they can win we'll start losing the rough recruits too. Nebraska is in the worst position in college sports: needs to get players to win, needs to win to get players. It can take decades to break that cycle, we don't have decades. They have to win now.

Yes. It would be, what, the 7th year in a row without a bowl game when almost everyone goes these days? We've already started to lose our "diamonds in the rough", if these guys don't prove they can win we'll start losing the rough recruits too. Nebraska is in the worst position in college sports: needs to get players to win, needs to win to get players. It can take decades to break that cycle, we don't have decades. They have to win now

Yes. It would be, what, the 7th year in a row without a bowl game when almost everyone goes these days? We've already started to lose our "diamonds in the rough", if these guys don't prove they can win we'll start losing the rough recruits too. Nebraska is in the worst position in college sports: needs to get players to win, needs to win to get players. It can take decades to break that cycle, we don't have decades. They have to win now.
Ok, here we go again . The expected record number of wins by anybody with a brain cell was 6 to 7 at best. You lose 9 starters on offense that you cannot lose and still manage to win some games. Nobody had that in the equation .How many on defense ? You have unrealistic expectations. We lost one RB so far in recruiting. Relax. Rhule will have a real team to field next year. We are sowing some good seeds with all this youth as well. You don't want to sit through a build, I get it. We are NOT going to win now, it would be a miracle .

You view my expectations as unrealistic, I view yours as low. It's time for Nebraska to have some pride again, if we can't have pride in ourselves, we'll never get anyone else to respect us. And we'll continue to get victimized by officials like we were today. If Rhule doesn't feel up to it, I say he step aside and let someone who wants to make 9 million a year have a crack at it. It's just ridiculous to me that the rest of you wouldn't expect more. I don't expect a national title this year, i expect serviceable QB play. I don't expect to even win the big 10, but I expect to at least break even in the turnover battle. I expect to have big 10 quality players at all positions, even in year 1. I expect to recruit a top 15 class. I expect to have an OC that's a top 5 paid assistant in the country, to have a reasonable game plan and put players in positions to win games. Not call things we can't do. Not chuck the ball up over and over when the QB can't read defenses and we were gashing them up the middle. I expect very reasonable things, none of this is what should be happening. We had to put up with YEARS of bonehead coaching decisions seemingly designed for us to lose, we can't do this anymore. Fix it or get lost.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
You view my expectations as unrealistic, I view yours as low. It's time for Nebraska to have some pride again, if we can't have pride in ourselves, we'll never get anyone else to respect us. And we'll continue to get victimized by officials like we were today. If Rhule doesn't feel up to it, I say he step aside and let someone who wants to make 9 million a year have a crack at it. It's just ridiculous to me that the rest of you wouldn't expect more. I don't expect a national title this year, i expect serviceable QB play. I don't expect to even win the big 10, but I expect to at least break even in the turnover battle. I expect to have big 10 quality players at all positions, even in year 1. I expect to recruit a top 15 class. I expect to have an OC that's a top 5 paid assistant in the country, to have a reasonable game plan and put players in positions to win games. Not call things we can't do. Not chuck the ball up over and over when the QB can't read defenses and we were gashing them up the middle. I expect very reasonable things, none of this is what should be happening. We had to put up with YEARS of bonehead coaching decisions seemingly designed for us to lose, we can't do this anymore. Fix it or get lost.
I stopped at you saying it's time for Nebraska to have some pride. Your one of those guys that think you can somehow change things being a real fan. This was basically the same team/ players as last years team. Do you get that ? Most coaches aren't miracle workers. Rhule even said he didn't know how to flip the script that fast. Nobody saw the injuries coming that we have. No experience at QB, receiver, and for the most part RB....Oline ( which sucked) got even worse with injuries. How are you going to fix that.....time. You can get pissed all you want but that's a fact. Fielding punts at the five yard line, no pass threat, hell no blocking , what is a coach gonna draw up with that. Yeah just run....that doesn't work with these D coordinators.

I understand "most" coaches aren't miracle workers, but for people that make this much money they need to closely approximate it. To whom much is given, much is expected.

Nope...but a guy can hope.
Wow , U crazy.
Season 2 Dreaming GIF by Cruel Summer

I said I don't think he's going anywhere, no idea why you'd think it's crazy to just have preferences.

I said I don't think he's going anywhere, no idea why you'd think it's crazy to just have preferences.
Not even one year in with all he inherited and fell in his lap this season huh ? Tough crowd. So who's your magic man ?

We better hope for 6-6 or better. 5-7 would be a colossal failure and see recruiting collapse further.
Matt Rhule's average record in his first year is 1.5 wins. It's 6.5 in year 2. His average wins is 10.5 in year 3.

He's already 166% better than his past average and the season isn't even over yet.

Get real.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don't think he's been anywhere as a head coach with high expectations, though. Or with an AD counting on his program to fund the whole department, along with a microeconomy counting on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT