ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone throwing shade at former coaches

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Wasn't medically clear for games, but was making plays for the scrubs during scrimmages. Coaches were complaining about him not being being able to play in games. I'm sure the kid wanted to play, but he made the best decision not to waste eligibility on that shit show.

Wasn't medically clear for games, but was making plays for the scrubs during scrimmages. Coaches were complaining about him not being being able to play in games. I'm sure the kid wanted to play, but he made the best decision not to waste eligibility on that shit show.
I dont understand how this is throwing shade at former coaches. Sounds like the coaches wanted him to play. If hes throwing shade its at the medical staff that didnt clear him.

Look, theres lots of stuff to not like about SF and staff. This isnt one of them. They wanted fidone to play. Had he, things look different.

I dont understand how this is throwing shade at former coaches. Sounds like the coaches wanted him to play. If hes throwing shade its at the medical staff that didnt clear him.

Look, theres lots of stuff to not like about SF and staff. This isnt one of them. They wanted fidone to play. Had he, things look different.
There were some on this very board that said it would be stupid to allow him to play last year - said he should take his time and get fully healed. Claimed he was rushed back too quickly after the first injury. Maybe they were connected to the medical staff.

Sam McKewon
@swmckewonOWH
·
Follow
Thomas Fidone said he's full go, and would have been last year if it was up to him, but the "head surgeon" wouldn't clear him. Fidone played on scout team in practice; coaches would yell during games why he wasn't available.
10:41 AM · Mar 6, 2023

Reactions: king_kong_

Seems like indeed Frost and crew are shit for brains in this scenario actually. A kid can’t get clearance and you still have him run scout team?
What fvcking morons would do that?
The prior coaches were all shit. Good effing riddance

I’m sure there is plenty of blame to go around but I would urge everyone to move. Win some games, then you will earn the right to talk about the former failings. As of right now, they were a part of it.

I wouldn't say he threw shade, but if he did it was probably directed more at Frost. He praised his position coach and said he was one of the best in the Country.

Last edited:
“I was getting yelled at on the sideline for not being able to play,” Fidone said.

Just from listening to the interview, it sounded more like frustration from the coaches with the process than frustration from Fidone. He called Beckton the best coach in the country.

I'd also say Fidone was not super comfortable at the podium. Probably was one of his first longer media sessions.

Just from listening to the interview, it sounded more like frustration from the coaches with the process than frustration from Fidone. He called Beckton the best coach in the country.

I'd also say Fidone was not super comfortable at the podium. Probably was one of his first longer media sessions.
could be. I admittedly didn't listen to FidonE's portion.

does beckton even have a job right now?

good for him

many "best coaches in the country" wouldn't be so relaxed about their unemployment

glad Rhule doesn't share his vigor (or lack thereof) for work
Depends on what he's doing. If he's golfing and screwing around, yes. But if he's learning and bettering himself, great.

Soooooo it's OK to play on scout team but not play when medically not cleared???

Seems like indeed Frost and crew are shit for brains in this scenario actually. A kid can’t get clearance and you still have him run scout team?
What fvcking morons would do that?
The prior coaches were all shit. Good effing riddance
What this really shows is more evidence of the issue with our practices. The reason he could play on scout team is because our practices were so soft compared to games. The spring game mentality was the usual for our practices. Not good.

I guess I didn't realize our coach didn't go to practice..... that's interesting

Last edited:
When a team stacks top 25 classes and yet seemingly regresses in quality of play, the red light blinks over coaching/preparation. The level of competition in the league doesn’t allow for slip shod preparation. I’ve recently seen Rhule described as a micromanager. Maybe he’s just being a head coach and actually trying to earn the salary he gets. And maybe someone who is actually paying attention to the FB program from top to bottom isn’t a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT