FCS football

Oct 6, 2018
Why does former Nebraska territories dominate FCS
Montana st
North Dakota st
South Dakota St
All in the final 4

And Nebraska wins just 3 games ??

I'm sure if Nebraska drops down to FCS they would win 7 or 8 games. Not sure they would dominate.

Reactions: NYC-Husker
Montana st
North Dakota st
South Dakota St
All in the final 4

Kids who used to walk on here get full rides there now.

Work ethic in those states is very good.

Coaching matters.

Winning matters: stay home and win a title. Go to Nebraska and be home for Christmas

ND/SD/MT I would bet still get a lot of huge home grown OL and DL from the farms. NU not so much any more

other than that I dont know

Montana st
North Dakota st
South Dakota St
All in the final 4

No FBS schools in those states to compete with. They probably have connections with HS coaches and look closely at HS kids that get overlooked by FBS programs. So they probably have more players than most FCS programs that could make FBS rosters.

Montana st
North Dakota st
South Dakota St
All in the final 4

I think it’s because they benefit from being the third tier of football recruiting in the Great Plains/northern US.

You have Nebraska as the first tier. Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, KState, Kansas, Missouri as the second tier (maybe Missouri is there with Nebraska in the 1st tier for recruiting due to $EC). Then those FCS schools are third tier.

Compare that to Youngstown for example. Recruits from Ohio and the surrounding area prioritize Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State first. The second tier of recruits go to schools like Pitt, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue. The third tier goes to the MAC. Then the fourth tier goes to Youngstown.

Similar idea for a school in the south like McNeese.

Of course those areas are bigger recruiting hotbeds than the Great Plains, but I think the number of FBS schools in those areas outweighs that factor.

So basically what it comes down to is the Dakotas and Montanas are getting MAC-level recruits while other FCS schools get below MAC-level recruits.

Don’t know much about Montana State, but I do know SDSU and NDSU are all about coaching and culture.

They do their homework and don’t bring in guys that don’t want to be coached and and/or can’t go all-in on football.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT