ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Husker Memories

I know we lost, but the 93 title game. We were 17 pt dogs, everyone thought they would kick the shit out of us, and we beat em up. They won, but everyone knew we had kicked their asses all night.
While I can't remember a game where the Huskers gained more respect in a loss than that one, it was still way too too much of a gut punch to ever call it a favorite memory, even decades later. The officiating........#@$%&

Reactions: timnsun
Best overall - the 3 '90s national championship games - all equally sweet.

Best non-national championship moment - '78 win over OU - first time I was old enough to witness a win over the hated Sooners

Best in-person game memory - 200th sell out butt kicking of the hated Buffs in '94 who all thought they were going to win that one, first time ever seeing the tunnel walk, high fived Brook Berringer on the field after the gam.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
2009 game vs Oklahoma.

My Husker journey started October 27, 2001 when I decided to sit down and watch the #3 Huskers play #2 Oklahoma with my dad. I thought that's what Husker football was, kicking the shit out of your rivals and being a top ranked team.

Everybody knows how the next 7 years went.

Went to the 2009 game in Lincoln with my Dad, as a resident of Oklahoma. Game was boring as hell, but the Huskers looked dominant in person. Finally beat Oklahoma again.

My dad brought me to the '71 OB vs. LSU.

Hearing that both teams ahead of us in the polls lost earlier in the day so the OB was our opportunity to claim #1.

LSU fans yelling at us, "Go back to your farms!" and the same fans giving us a standing O when it was announced Nebraska farmers had sent many trucks of hay to Louisiana after Louisiana had suffererd a disaster.

Partying in the OB long after the game ended. I swear we were the last small handful of people picked up by a bus that night. We seriously thought we were SOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT