ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite beer?

For everyday beer it has been Coors Banquet Beer ever since I was 14 years old and was hidden in the back corner of a teeny tiny joint in North Central Kansas by upper classmen. I was in New Jersy last week, so I got to drink Yuengling Traditional Lager. My two brothers-in-law turned me on to Yuengling years ago on what used to be our annual beach week at the Outerbanks. We don't get Yuengling out West. I think they make pretty good beer.

Too many really good craft beers here in the Northwest. Yakima, Washington is definitely the capitol of hop growing in the US. Over 70% of American produced hops come from there. Two of my favorite breweries are Bayern Brewery in Missoula, MT and Terminal Gravity Brewing based in tiny Enterprise, Oregon. Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Oregon and Kulshan Brewery, Bellingham, WA also put out consistently good quality beer.

I haven't been in BC for years even though it is less than 3 hours away, but they make some really great beer up there too.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Too many really good craft beers here in the Northwest. Yakima, Washington is definitely the capitol of hop growing in the US. Over 70% of American produced hops come from there. Two of my favorite breweries are Bayern Brewery in Missoula, MT and Terminal Gravity Brewing based in tiny Enterprise, Oregon. Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Oregon and Kulshan Brewery, Bellingham, WA also put out consistently good quality beer.

I haven't been in BC for years even though it is less than 3 hours away, but they make some really great beer up there too.
Not to mention lots of great hard ciders. Besides hops, Yakima is the home of Tieton Cider Works, which is one of my favorite hard cider brands. I enjoyed a flight of hard cider at their cider bar a few years back.

Reactions: Wasker77
I used to like Pete’s Wicked Ale, but don’t see that anymore.
So many good brews but of the common names I like Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, Dos Equis, Heineken, Bass, all the Stone beers, Corona, Becks, Stella

Try a nice cold Grain Belt Premium or Nordeast..
4dd1787ac0.jpg
My go-to at the Side Door Bar during Winter games.

Otherwise just about any Bock. Zieganbock, Amber Bock and Shiner Bock to name just a few. All time favorite was Watneys Red, but that disappeared years ago, and partial to other ambers and reds, but not ones with a heavy caramel aftertaste. Scratchtown Smoketoberfest is excellent. Copper Alt is always a good fallback.

Reactions: ADV1
Everyday drink... Miller Lite (lower carbs)
Weekend Go-To... Zieganbock
Favorites however go to Authentic German brews.... I LOVE me a good German beer of any type!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT