ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite beer?

What say ya'll in the suds department?

For everyday, yard beer, Sam Adams Boston Lager

Summer, Sam Adams Summer Ale

When I want more flavor Zipline Copper Alt or Avalanche Amber Ale

Holidays, Avalanche Christmas Ale 7.0abv... giddy-up

Curiois what my fellow message board degenerates drink??
Maximum Florida & Stuttgarter Hofbrau for fancy beers.

Miller Genuine Draft for the daily drinker.

Reactions: huskeroo
I really like Modelo, or Dos Equis.
0007231163012_2_A1C1_1200.png
I've tried to get into dos equis multiple times, just cant do it. taste is too strong i guess.

corona is a good second choice (for me). lately, the pacifica's have been good.

What say ya'll in the suds department?

For everyday, yard beer, Sam Adams Boston Lager

Summer, Sam Adams Summer Ale

When I want more flavor Zipline Copper Alt or Avalanche Amber Ale

Holidays, Avalanche Christmas Ale 7.0abv... giddy-up

Curiois what my fellow message board degenerates drink??
Try a nice cold Grain Belt Premium or Nordeast..
4dd1787ac0.jpg

32133.png

Six pack of this and I’m good..

All IPA's taste like liquified rotten alfalfa to me. I do not get that trend..and what's worse, it makes up 60% of craft brewery menu options. Fvcking barf.

But I did ask, so appreciate the addition to the thread!!

I Feel like IPA's tend to appeal to the younger crowd. No data to back that up..its just who I normally see drinking it.

For those of you who don't like IPA's you need to try the Hazy styles.

My favorite local beer is Fairy Nectar.

We just got back from New England and went to Tree House brewing in Mass. My wife doesn't care for IPA's and her knees buckled when she had their Julius IPA. Needless to say she ordered a pint. They had some of the greatest beers I have ever tasted and I have tried a lot. Brought some back home with me.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
For those of you who don't like IPA's you need to try the Hazy styles.

My favorite local beer is Fairy Nectar.

We just got back from New England and went to Tree House brewing in Mass. My wife doesn't care for IPA's and her knees buckled when she had their Julius IPA. Needless to say she ordered a pint. They had some of the greatest beers I have ever tasted and I have tried a lot. Brought some back home with me.
Many years ago when we were first married, we went out, and I didn't drink and my wife was able to get happy every once in a while. On those rare nights when she wanted to get a little more than happy, I always told her to drink as much as she likes..... as long as when we get home she's still "mostly conscious."

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Hamms. If it was good enough for my old man in the 70s and is good enough for me. I miss all of those old beers like Schmidt, Special Export, Lowenbrau, Old Style and Schlitz

I had my craft beer phase, but then realized it was mostly about graphics on cans and bottles and jacking up the price to $15 for a six pack. You’d sometimes find a beer you liked, and then it would be hard to locate at retailers. WTF.
Hamms is underrated and a great deal. I am glad to see it is sort of "cool" again.

Reactions: drubendall
Cant stand IPA's.

IPA's were made to withstand the voyage to India from Great Britain from what I am told. In other words, IPA's were not made to taste good, they were made to keep.

Which makes sense because they are disgusting. I went to an IPA tasting once and at the end of it was this big German guy with a big ole keg of German beer and it tasted like the sweet sweet nectar of the gods after going through that hell

Cant stand IPA's.

IPA's were made to withstand the voyage to India from Great Britain from what I am told. In other words, IPA's were not made to taste good, they were made to keep.

Which makes sense because they are disgusting. I went to an IPA tasting once and at the end of it was this big German guy with a big ole keg of German beer and it tasted like the sweet sweet nectar of the gods after going through that hell
Yeah, they took those recipes and tweaked/refined them. British people weren't drinking Hazy Little Thing's in India in 1840 or whenever.

It's like anything, some are terrible, some ok, some great. I'm constantly striving to find new great ones.

Cant stand IPA's.

For the longest time, I thought I was being gaslit because there were all these IPAs and people would drink them up, but in my mind I’m thinking “this stuff sucks”. So bitter.

Yeah, they took those recipes and tweaked/refined them. British people weren't drinking Hazy Little Thing's in India in 1840 or whenever.

It's like anything, some are terrible, some ok, some great. I'm constantly striving to find new great ones.
I disagree. In my first life as a warrior in 1672 India I drank nectar from many hazy little things.
In my second life I helped run the British out of America 200 years later.
In my third life today, I am committed to Jesus Christ and caring for His invalid teacher of Catholic youth that is my wife of 41 years.
My usual beer is Keystone Light but Coors Banquet in glass is the beer above all others.

Last edited:
For the longest time, I thought I was being gaslit because there were all these IPAs and people would drink them up, but in my mind I’m thinking “this stuff sucks”. So bitter.
I was told the reason you see so many IPAs at the local tasting room is because IPAs are the easiest to make.

I disagree. In my first life as a warrior in 1672 India I drank nectar from many hazy little things.
In my second life I helped run the British out of America 200 years later.
In my third life today, I am committed to Jesus Christ and caring for His invalid teacher of Catholic youth that is my wife of 41 years.
My usual beer is Keystone Light but Coors Banquet in glass is the beer above all others.
Post of the Week!

I was told the reason you see so many IPAs at the local tasting room is because IPAs are the easiest to make.
As a home brewer for many years this is pretty much true. I think pale ales are the easiest. Lagers and Pilsner’s are more difficult. Yes - a miller lite is tougher to make than a pale ale

Just because it’s difficult to make, doesn’t make it good. There’s quality within each style and different palates for different styles. Even within IPA’s, there’s west coast vs Vermont vs New England vs European. Very different beers between those groups. There’s also a category of India pale lagers that are great. Lagers take more equipment to cold brew but most lagers have far less flavor than a typical IPA. Some people hate bitter IPA’s. Some people hate hazy beers. Others hate dark beers. My personal preference is that standard lagers/ales are boring. There’s very little room for deviation. It has its place but I’d choose a water over a bud light/coors light/miller light any day.

Favorites:
Treehouse IPA’s
Heady topper
Cantillon lambics
Bottle logic fundamental observation stout
I could include any number of Hill farmstead beers, j Wakefield stouts, trillium ipas and stouts, monkish IPA’s, prairie stouts, 3 Fontaine lambics and countless other beers that it’s impossible to pick a few beers. There is so much variety, variation and options out there, it’s impossible to pick a couple of beers. Treehouse itself has a few dozen New England IPA’s that are mostly all great. I encourage people to get out of their comfort zone and try new styles and breweries.

• Love
Reactions: Huskers123456
Just because it’s difficult to make, doesn’t make it good. There’s quality within each style and different palates for different styles. Even within IPA’s, there’s west coast vs Vermont vs New England vs European. Very different beers between those groups. There’s also a category of India pale lagers that are great. Lagers take more equipment to cold brew but most lagers have far less flavor than a typical IPA. Some people hate bitter IPA’s. Some people hate hazy beers. Others hate dark beers. My personal preference is that standard lagers/ales are boring. There’s very little room for deviation. It has its place but I’d choose a water over a bud light/coors light/miller light any day.

Favorites:
Treehouse IPA’s
Heady topper
Cantillon lambics
Bottle logic fundamental observation stout
I could include any number of Hill farmstead beers, j Wakefield stouts, trillium ipas and stouts, monkish IPA’s, prairie stouts, 3 Fontaine lambics and countless other beers that it’s impossible to pick a few beers. There is so much variety, variation and options out there, it’s impossible to pick a couple of beers. Treehouse itself has a few dozen New England IPA’s that are mostly all great. I encourage people to get out of their comfort zone and try new styles and breweries.
Same feeling as you. The beers I drank in high school/college lost their appeal after branching out. Now it's hard to drink a Busch light after drinking IPA's for so many years. Still love a Boulevard, especially on tap. Empyrean is still one of my favorites. Love Mind over Mango and their Peanut Butter Porter. Vanilla porter and burning skye are good as well.

Hamms. If it was good enough for my old man in the 70s and is good enough for me. I miss all of those old beers like Schmidt, Special Export, Lowenbrau, Old Style and Schlitz

I had my craft beer phase, but then realized it was mostly about graphics on cans and bottles and jacking up the price to $15 for a six pack. You’d sometimes find a beer you liked, and then it would be hard to locate at retailers. WTF.
Schlitz 16 ouncers are ice cold and plentiful at the Country Bar near Plattsmouth

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT