ADVERTISEMENT

Farniok bumps NU....

To #22 at 247 and #25th at Rivals. If we land Jackson, Fitz, Simmons and Allen we will be top 15. Even if we get 2 of those 4 easily top 20. Every negative whiner who was complaining about recruiting needs to line up in this thread and pay your respects and eat some crow. Coaches got this!!! ALL N AND GBR!!!

I'll be extremely happy to eat crow....once the final rankings are done. Hmmmm, wasn't most everyone saying we need to wait until signing is done? Yet, now we are celebrating before signing is done? I was guessing around a 30ish finish, if we landed two more top 250 players that should put us in the top 25 (depending on how all the final rankings shake out). There's still around 50 top 250 players uncommitted, and we don't live in a vacuum. I'm still gonna wait until the class is in the books.

I'll be extremely happy to eat crow....once the final rankings are done. Hmmmm, wasn't most everyone saying we need to wait until signing is done? Yet, now we are celebrating before signing is done? I was guessing around a 30ish finish, if we landed two more top 250 players that should put us in the top 25 (depending on how all the final rankings shake out). There's still around 50 top 250 players uncommitted, and we don't live in a vacuum. I'm still gonna wait until the class is in the books.
That's fine. you don't need to be excited. At the same time, you don't need to attempt to kill the general excitement on the board.

Just curious, when the huskers score a td in the 2nd or 3rd quarter do you tell your family not to celebrate til the game is over?

Go a head and wait. I don't care what the final rankings say I love the class for who they are.
If we are fortunate enough to land Fits and Lamar and maybe 1 or more players. This class is a win regardless of final ranking. GBR ^up we go

I was one of the whiners. I never said we would NOT finish strong, but worried we wouldn't pull it off. So instead of a whiner you could say I was a nervous Nellie or a "hand-wringer". But whatever I was, I am happy to eat crow!! This class IS finishing strong. Looks like we could end up in fourth place in the B1G rankings. I was in a real "prove it to me" mode when it came to Riley. I wanted action not just promises and words. Well he has proven he can recruit! And nobody is happier or more relieved than I am. GBR!

That's fine. you don't need to be excited. At the same time, you don't need to attempt to kill the general excitement on the board.

Just curious, when the huskers score a td in the 2nd or 3rd quarter do you tell your family not to celebrate til the game is over?
Ok, I had to laugh at the analogy! Good one!

Of course… No one's saying otherwise. Are you suggesting we shouldn't be excited about what we do get?

Nope, and I like 247 class calculator, just a stretch to think those guys will get us up to 15 when other schools will pick up commits as well.

If we get LJ, Fitz, Simmons and Allen I think we end up 20-22ish which is better than what some were predicting not long ago.

Reactions: timnsun
If we get LJ, Fitz, Simmons, Allen and Fant (all realistic) that would put us just ahead of TCU at 18.

Obviously that doesn't count the other schools but I think that's a fantastic landing spot for us all things considered.

Reactions: timnsun
Is our final count on number of recruits going to be 22-23? Or will we try to get to 25? Just wonder if there might be a 1 or 2 late surprises.

We got a big bump in Rivals but 247 has us at #28 (I think...not sure where #22 comes from...is that a projection?) Which one is the better barometer? I had people arguing last week that 247 was better and Rivals was way off.

Being the best in the West is where it needs to start. I thought Farniok was a 4 star on rivals. What happened?

I didn't say I wasn't excited. Those are your words. I'm hoping we land all the recruits that coaches are after.

The OP challenged everyone that questioned this recruiting class to line up and eat crow. I'm lining up, just not eating crow until it's in the books. There's also another thread that is becoming similar to this one, i.e. "let's call out all those that questioned recruiting". So, I'm just responding.

I think it was right after the spring game, I started a thread talking about recruiting and new coaches. Overwhelmingly, people said wait. I thought that was good advice. I'm waiting until signing day, just like I was waiting until signing day when our ranking was in the 40's.

I celebrate our teams td's, wins, etc. So, other then for drama queen purposes, I don't know why you posted that.

Last year, a 25th ranking required a little over 1800 points. We're sitting near 1600 points and 19 recruits. After 20 recruits, we get diminishing returns (i.e. we get the difference in points of the higher rated recruit vs the lowest recruit that is no longer counted). Will it take 1800 points this year, or 1850, or 1750, or maybe 1700, who knows. We have to wait until it's done.

...and when you're way behind in the 4th quarter, don't you feel a bit concerned?

There were many of us here saying to those complaining about our low ranking to just be patient and wait until NSD and then evaluate the results. I felt that way then (and posted it many a time) and I feel that way now.

BTW...in keeping with your analogy...do you not allow yourself to say "Drats, that sucked" when Tommy throws an interception in the third quarter?

Reactions: AndyHanline
There were many of us here saying to those complaining about our low ranking to just be patient and wait until NSD and then evaluate the results. I felt that way then (and posted it many a time) and I feel that way now.

BTW...in keeping with your analogy...do you not allow yourself to say "Drats, that sucked" when Tommy throws an interception in the third quarter?

Good point.

Personally, though, I say something different than "Drats" when that off the back foot late over the middle floater gets picked.

Of course, when that off the back foot floater goes for 6 I don't say "Drats" either. :)

I was one of the whiners. I never said we would NOT finish strong, but worried we wouldn't pull it off. So instead of a whiner you could say I was a nervous Nellie or a "hand-wringer". But whatever I was, I am happy to eat crow!! This class IS finishing strong. Looks like we could end up in fourth place in the B1G rankings. I was in a real "prove it to me" mode when it came to Riley. I wanted action not just promises and words. Well he has proven he can recruit! And nobody is happier or more relieved than I am. GBR!
Or a fence sitter. You know that way you could whine and bitch if they didnt finish well. But now with a good finish looking likely its "hip hip hooray". Proove it to me. Please. Sit on a fence and try to have it both ways.

I didn't say I wasn't excited. Those are your words. I'm hoping we land all the recruits that coaches are after.

The OP challenged everyone that questioned this recruiting class to line up and eat crow. I'm lining up, just not eating crow until it's in the books. There's also another thread that is becoming similar to this one, i.e. "let's call out all those that questioned recruiting". So, I'm just responding.

I think it was right after the spring game, I started a thread talking about recruiting and new coaches. Overwhelmingly, people said wait. I thought that was good advice. I'm waiting until signing day, just like I was waiting until signing day when our ranking was in the 40's.

I celebrate our teams td's, wins, etc. So, other then for drama queen purposes, I don't know why you posted that.

Last year, a 25th ranking required a little over 1800 points. We're sitting near 1600 points and 19 recruits. After 20 recruits, we get diminishing returns (i.e. we get the difference in points of the higher rated recruit vs the lowest recruit that is no longer counted). Will it take 1800 points this year, or 1850, or 1750, or maybe 1700, who knows. We have to wait until it's done.

But, but, but. Gary Andersen. Oregon State. #EatingDustBehindRiley

If we finish with those 5 we'll have a great class. Could give a rat's ass what we're ranked!

While I mostly agree with this, will be disappointed that there is no DT---hate skipping positions in a class---and we could use a second OT (holding out very slim hope on AJax).

Outside if those, would be happy with proposed finish if we do finish that way.

So let me try to sum up... We went through a stretch where we didn't have any commits for quite a while, and MANY posters were claiming all kinds of things about our coaches (they can't recruit with the big dogs, we are still 42nd, we are behind Oregon State in recruiting...) and many of us were preaching patience. Now that we've gotten 4 big gets in the last two weeks (with more to come), we want to remind those who were slinging crap all about what they said. And you're telling us to cut it out.

Got it.

While I mostly agree with this, will be disappointed that there is no DT---hate skipping positions in a class---and we could use a second OT (holding out very slim hope on AJax).

Outside if those, would be happy with proposed finish if we do finish that way.
The DT isn't a problem for this year. We will need either for somebody to grow in to one (one of the DEs) or maybe a JUCO next year. Riley's lack of concern about it tells me that they have a plan. There were some guys out there we could have taken but didn't offer. The OT thing I think will shake itself out.

To #22 at 247 and #25th at Rivals. If we land Jackson, Fitz, Simmons and Allen we will be top 15. Even if we get 2 of those 4 easily top 20. Every negative whiner who was complaining about recruiting needs to line up in this thread and pay your respects and eat some crow. Coaches got this!!! ALL N AND GBR!!!
It's great that they're finishing strong. I think they have the potential to be a much better recruiting staff than the last. Their projected finish is still what I'd call "adequate for year one."

Let me put it to you like this: They are just about guaranteed to finish 5th in the conference in class ranking. UNLESS PSU signs 0 more guys or gets a crucial decommit, in which case NU maybe makes it to 4th on sheer class size. PSU will have a better avg. star ranking.

So it's great momentum, but don't book your tickets for the 2018 playoffs just yet...

Absolutely I do. And did more than I wanted to this year.

But when making a big comeback in the 4th happens, I'm cheering like mad as well. I guess I don't get it when things are looking up and people want to pull the "not so fast" Lee Corso card...

Reactions: lovetheskers

I will be more than happy to eat crow if we land in top 20.

Reactions: otismotis08

Agreed. Many of us have said to hold evaluation until signing day, myself included. Of course, in context, we were saying that in response to threads titled "Oregon State is Better than Us" and "The World is Ending and Riley is the Devil". So, again (in context), let's wait until signing day to withhold judgment on the class. It's going to be even sweeter to see the spin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT