ADVERTISEMENT

Fall camp notes

Even if they can attract double teams and open lanes for LB’s for sacks that counts the same in my book. I just want to see opposing QB’s on their backs … a bunch.
People really underestimate that. The DT's being able to cause disruption on the line, even if they don't get the sack themselves, opens up lanes and opportunities for the DE's and OLB's to get to the QB.

Nothing against him either but I hope he doesn't see another meaningful rep in games. I honestly think we will be a better team if that's the case

Scott at C, Mazzuca and Evans at OG, Teddy and Bernhardt at OT. Let's hope they all can remain healthy. A guy like Letovsky can be swing OG maybe. I guess Cochran will be a utility guy who can play either G/T but hopefully not until games are out of hand. I will however agree I'd much rather have him inside than out at T

Holla
We need a two deep, all these guys and still don’t have a good two deep 🤔

Naah. @GBRforLife1 is my boy. 😒
Excited Hell Yeah GIF by UFC

Reactions: HBK4life
No argument from me there. Now that Turner appears to be the starter I'm officially less optimistic for the season. I have them now on the 6-6 or 7-5 for the year.

Holla
We’ve had tackles get destroyed on this board for their play only to see them land on NFL rosters for multiple years. It’s a tough spot. Hopefully Brix etal are the real deal. Often your LT is trying to block the best defensive player on the field.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We’ve had tackles get destroyed on this board for their play only to see them land on NFL rosters for multiple years. It’s a tough spot. Hopefully Brix etal are the real deal. Often your LT is trying to block the best defensive player on the field.
I can think of an underwhelming tackle or two or three who played in the NFL, but only after moving to the interior. Probably none of those guys played all that well at tackle for us. Nick Gates, perhaps, would be the exception. If Corcoran stays healthy, he'll have a chance to hook on with an NFL team like a Jeremiah Sirles or a Zach Sterup.

But Turner was also the lowest rated pass blocking left tackle (PFF) two years ago if I recall correctly. Now he could show improvement like Bryce Benhart did. But Benhart is still pretty stiff in pass pro. Couple that with Corcoran's track record and it makes me concerned. Of course, there's the "don't be a dumb ass" theory to pass protection where tackles are not left on an island one on one against superior athletes. Scott Frost didn't seem to get that concept. Maybe Satt, Thomas and Co. will help those two out.

I can think of an underwhelming tackle or two or three who played in the NFL, but only after moving to the interior. Probably none of those guys played all that well at tackle for us. Nick Gates, perhaps, would be the exception. If Corcoran stays healthy, he'll have a chance to hook on with an NFL team like a Jeremiah Sirles or a Zach Sterup.

But Turner was also the lowest rated pass blocking left tackle (PFF) two years ago if I recall correctly. Now he could show improvement like Bryce Benhart did. But Benhart is still pretty stiff in pass pro. Couple that with Corcoran's track record and it makes me concerned. Of course, there's the "don't be a dumb ass" theory to pass protection where tackles are not left on an island one on one against superior athletes. Scott Frost didn't seem to get that concept. Maybe Satt, Thomas and Co. will help those two out.
Patrick? Trying to think of the looked like Tarzan, played like Jane guy who was with the Dolphins for several years. More recently the guy from South Dakota that the Cowboy’s drafted. Tackle is a damned tough spot to play. Moving inside is common because the number of college guys who can play OT in the NFL is maybe a couple per year.

There is only one LT who has recorded multiple PFF scores of 0.0 in the entire history of them grading players:

Turner Corcoran

• Wow
Reactions: shocksker
I expected Corcoran to be the starter. I expected Teddy would not last. Sad but true.

Assuming this to be factual, why not move him inside and try ANYTHING else?
Sometimes coaches think they can coach-up a player.

I have been guilty of it before, keeping the same kid in the game, over and over, starting him, thinking that the results would be different.

Also, sometimes I started them just because their Mom was hot and single. But hey, no one is perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT