ADVERTISEMENT

Fall camp notes-Scrimmage and injury updates

Ehhhh...this is probably the "home town (state) boy makes good" bit...just like the last Chasing 3 video was 40 minutes on a walk-on from Omaha Skutt. Nothing wrong with it but more than likely nothing is going to happen.

I kinda thought that myself.

Holla

If I remember that Chasing 3, the dude all but admitted he wants to learn coaching and or personnel type stuff. Focused on him and his rehab, but also his realization that his football future was in the office.
Yep! Smartest move a husker player can do...be a good guy, make connections and stay in the state. Set for life

Dude will either get any HS teaching placement he wants and/or start off as a GA with HUGE connections and go from there...great move by him.

Last edited:
1st scrimmage before the season opener.. Be interesting how much success Dylan and the O have against the veteran black shirts..
My thoughts exactly. That is what is so great about having a good defense again. It gives the coaches a much better sense of just how good their offense is. You practice against quality then you play with confidence in a real game.

Coach Matt Rhule Fall Camp Press Conference - Notes-Isaiah Neyor will be a featured part in the offense-pretty clean scrimmage, especially in terms of pre-snap penalties-good physical work on both sides of the ball-Turner Corcoran was cleared to practice but did not scrimmage today, he’ll be full go come Monday-Turner will be an important piece of the offense-we have a lot of young weapons -biggest thing Coach Rhule is looking for in the QB’s - “who they are when things are going wrong”-trying to give them exposure to strenuous situations - “that’s the key to young people becoming men”-Tristan Alvano is in the 120-man roster, “he’s kicking”-we’re automatic from the 25 yard line, reliable from the 30-Dante Dowdell is catching his wind now-4-man rush is improving, but can we do it when it matters-doing some new things defensively-Blye Hill is on the 120-man roster-Blye Hill is doing individual training right now-closed the scrimmage down from family and former players because he wanted the players to just play and focus on the game-“I can put the third team offense against the first team defense, and it looks like football. It didn’t look that way last year”-the gap between 1st and 3rd team is significantly improved-“Princewill’s career will be defined by his process” - his practice, academics, etc.-we have a really good Jack room-Princewill is completely different pass rusher than MJ-Brice Turner broke a bone in his hand-voting for single digit numbers next week-emotional grind of being out for the year is tough, lots of credit to the players

Last edited:
Lots of talent in Missouri and Keelan was awarded.
Keelan Smith was named the Missouri Player of the Year by MaxPreps this week, and also made the outlet's second-team All-America unit as a tight end. This comes after last week being named the state's offensive player of the year by the Missouri Football Coaches Association.
It should be interesting to see how all of this plays out. The Huskers have six returning WRs with experience including the two transfers. But then Barney, Smith and Carter Nelson appear to be good enough to play right away.

After seeing Barney in the spring game he has to be either on Kickoffs or punt returns..
Special teams is fine and all, but I think we've got to get this kid the ball on offense. If Dylan hits him in stride, he's a big play waiting to happen. Barney brings a big play element to this offense that has been sorely lacking for years.

Reactions: headcard
Special teams is fine and all, but I think we've got to get this kid the ball on offense. If Dylan hits him in stride, he's a big play waiting to happen. Barney brings a big play element to this offense that has been sorely lacking for years.
Lacking for one year. The year prior we had more big plays with Thompson and Palmer than we’ve had in years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT