ADVERTISEMENT

Everything in front of us

Im calm as can be. I think we are an 8-4, 7-5 team. I am surprised our defense was so disappointing. I’m also not thrilled with some of the coaching. But whatever. I wanted that win but they deserved it. Nebraska was back to false starts and grabbing face masks

Goal is to get 3 more wins. Baby steps. Also, Either take their phones away or block their access to sites that praise or criticize. Coaches are really going to show how good (or bad) they are. The Program has A LOT of work to do. Easy Non-Conf but we are still bottom feeders in The Big-10

Reactions: Crisker
Perfect set up to go 4-0

Needed this to stack up wins, gain momentum for recruiting, etc

This was a colossal failure. Massive loss. This is the most disappointed I’ve been in the last 10 years and that’s saying something
It was a toss up game in my opinion going in regardless of the betting line. The defense just doesn't seem to be as good as we hoped. Not enough pressure on Altmeyer and unable to consistently make stops on 3rd down. I knew Illinois had the advantage in the kicking game.
I'm really getting annoyed with the penalties too. Better in the turnover margin but the constant penalties tacked on all the time is costly.
This is a game you want to win and hate to lose but one that was probably inevitable. This is a better team than any in the past several years but has some issues. I didn't expect it to be on defense.
Unlike Colorado, Illinois is well-coached.
Also what was with the fans they'd show sitting there looking bored with the score tied in the 4th quarter?

Im calm as can be. I think we are an 8-4, 7-5 team. I am surprised our defense was so disappointing. I’m also not thrilled with some of the coaching. But whatever. I wanted that win but they deserved it. Nebraska was back to false starts and grabbing face masks
I agree. We were not as good as most people thought we were going into this game, but we’re not as bad as many people think we are right now. I agree that we are an 8–4 to 7–5 team.

I agree. We were not as good as most people thought we were going into this game, but we’re not as bad as many people think we are right now. I agree that we are an 8–4 to 7–5 team.
Where do you see another 4 or 5 wins coming from, based on what you saw tonight?

Reactions: Dylman
I never thought we were very good, but this was one of the teams we had no business losing too. It seems like Purdue and ucla may be the only cake walks on the schedule and we needed this to get to 6. We won't hang with Indiana I'm certain now after seeing our D struggle against a very ordinary looking Illinois

Stupid play by Hartzog on the play where he was called for grabbing a facemask. The ball carrier was already going down and Hartzog was just standing there. Why reach out at all? Just a boneheaded, dumb move.

It was a toss up game in my opinion going in regardless of the betting line. The defense just doesn't seem to be as good as we hoped. Not enough pressure on Altmeyer and unable to consistently make stops on 3rd down. I knew Illinois had the advantage in the kicking game.
I'm really getting annoyed with the penalties too. Better in the turnover margin but the constant penalties tacked on all the time is costly.
This is a game you want to win and hate to lose but one that was probably inevitable. This is a better team than any in the past several years but has some issues. I didn't expect it to be on defense.
Unlike Colorado, Illinois is well-coached.
Also what was with the fans they'd show sitting there looking bored with the score tied in the 4th quarter?
Might have been a toss up going into the game.

2nd half, we get a stop on defense to start and have the ball up 17-10. A good program does not lose that game. We are still mediocre unfortunately

Reactions: regionsdoc
Stupid play by Hartzog on the play where he was called for grabbing a facemask. The ball carrier was already going down and Hartzog was just standing there. Why reach out at all? Just a boneheaded, dumb move.
Got tired of getting beat....punk as move.

I never thought we were very good, but this was one of the teams we had no business losing too. It seems like Purdue and ucla may be the only cake walks on the schedule and we needed this to get to 6. We won't hang with Indiana I'm certain now after seeing our D struggle against a very ordinary looking Illinois
I completely agree with you. Now we have to pull off an upset over Iowa, Rutgers or Wisconsin to hit 6 wins. Hopefully we get one of thrm

Reactions: cornwoman
Wish I shared your optimism. I just don't see it. I think we go 500 at best with those teams. Both dline and oline are terrible.

I think the Huskers can beat Purdue, Rutgers, IU, UCLA and Iowa. Lose to Ohio State and USC. Whiskey will depend on how they are playing.
Can beat and will beat are miles apart. Agree with you that we can beat everyone except OSU and USC. It’s hard to see us being better than 3-3 or 4-2 in those other 6 though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT